Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Hill starts?

Bike
    CB1300

Hill starts?

Quote Originally Posted by swbarnett View Post
    OK, this is a complete sentence, no? Actually it's two but who's counting?

and this:

and this:

All of which assert that speed, in and of itself, can't kill you.
    And then I made a joke about speed kills. Just ask River Pheonix. An actor who died at the hands of a speed cocaine mix. Outside a nightclub owned by Johnny Depp.

A mixture of my own immaturity and a desire to show how much distain I have for the concept that speed kills.

It is called sarcasm. Is often known as the lowest form of wit but handily is also the gap between those who get it and those who don't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
    Mine
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
    And then I made a joke about speed kills. Just ask River Pheonix. An actor who died at the hands of a speed cocaine mix. Outside a nightclub owned by Johnny Depp.
    My apologies. I missed this completely. I thought he died in a plane crash. I must be thinking of someone else.

Sarcasm is often very hard to pick up in writing. Especially when I have my facts wrong.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin (1706-90)

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending to much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"Motorcycling is not inherently dangerous. It is, however, EXTREMELY unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence and stupidity!" - Anonymous

"Live to Ride, Ride to Live"

Bike
    CB1300
    Quote Originally Posted by swbarnett View Post
    My apologies. I missed this completely. I thought he died in a plane crash. I must be thinking of someone else.

Sarcasm is often very hard to pick up in writing. Especially when I have my facts wrong.
    Lol, I know the feeling. Even harder on tapatalk where lots of features are missing. Like emoticons, some picture types.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by LATE RIDER View Post
    the rider was gunning it
    You ride a Hyosung 250, I wouldnt worry about gunning it creating excess speed.

Bike
    Trumpet
    Quote Originally Posted by skippa1 View Post
    Bit touchy aren't you
    Ok Big black loud one brain then

Bike
    Trumpet
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    Ok "financially safe" then. You had better not ever overtake anything then as you will likely have a head on if you do not take the financial risk of exceeding the speed limit.
    Crikey, you can over take legally,helloooo

Bike
    Dont have one now
    Ok Big black loud one brain then
    It took you 3 days and that's the best you could do?

Bike
    Trumpet
    Quote Originally Posted by skippa1 View Post
    It took you 3 days and that's the best you could do?
    Some people do have a life and don't log in here everyday, unlike you.
    I am over your crap and over this site, dont bother to reply because I wont be reading it. I thought riders respected each other obviously NOT. However to the decent fellow riders thanks heaps for the helpful advice much appreciated but to the others bird brains like this idot can take a run and jump. over and out. Are all you lot from Taranaki inbred... lol guess what clown that only took me 1 day.

Bike
    CB1300
    I am over your crap and over this site, dont bother to reply because I wont be reading it. I thought riders respected each other obviously NOT. However to the decent fellow riders thanks heaps for the helpful advice much appreciated but to the others bird brains like this idot can take a run and jump. over and out. Are all you lot from Taranaki inbred... lol guess what clown that only took me 1 day.
    That's Kiwibiker I am afraid. Some are bullies, some are trolls, some bring opinions from another planet, but most are pretty good sorts.

Either ignore or blacklist the idiots. The good folk will be along soon enough.

Bike
    Mine
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    That depends on how much time you feel is safe on the other side of the road without having a head on.
    And the speed of the other vehicle, the length of the straight, the presence of a passing lane etc, etc. It can definitely be done safely at legal speeds.

Which is not to say that overtaking at above the legal limit is not the safer option much of the time.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin (1706-90)

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending to much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"Motorcycling is not inherently dangerous. It is, however, EXTREMELY unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence and stupidity!" - Anonymous

"Live to Ride, Ride to Live"

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Leaving thread now? Doesnt that mean he gets cut off?

Bike
    Dont have one now
    Speed limit is for poor people like me who can't afford to pay fines or lose my license, usually if you go faster the tail gater goes faster, exceeding the speed limit can get you paralised if your lucky, but usually idots like you get killed and give the Government an excuse to raise the rego costs.
    Read your own post. What a load of twaddle
    boo fuckin hoo. You thought riders respect each other? What makes riders so special? Speed limit is for poor people? Get you paralysed if you're lucky? What part of that shit should a "rider" respect?

Thread Information