Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Oh dear oh dear

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Right back to where the motorcycle started from.

Isn't it about time the mold was broken?
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    2008 Yamaha R1
    That's a battery powered bicycle. And at that price it's around the same as a high end road bike so for what it is it's probably priced about right. But if 40 km/h is the top speed then it can't even do the round town speed limit, and definitely can't go on the motorway so definitely not a motorbike. There is an up side to that though, no WOF, no getting raped by ACC with the rego, and you can charge it at work on your bosses power(how many people get their boss to pay their gas to get to work?). All that said I'm going to stick to burning dinosaurs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If you can keep your head when all about you are loosing theirs.........it's quite possible you haven't grasped the situation.

Bike
    aprilia Tuono
    I see your push bike and raise you these... https://www.mission-motorcycles.com WANT!

sent from my phone (so scuze auto correct typos)
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen" Douglas Adams (1952-2001) - not riding a TUONO then!

Bike
    CT110 Super Cub - postie bike
    Quote Originally Posted by yevjenko View Post
    I see your push bike and raise you these... https://www.mission-motorcycles.com WANT!

Attractive for sure. Shame that even the best battery could only just get me from Christchurch to Temuka before a charge up is required. $36,000 USD though. Whew!

Commuting is where it's at for 'lecky bikes. It's just mean to show nice looking bikes like that that you really can't go for a long ride on.
    Grow older but never grow up

Bike
    aprilia Tuono
    Did you see the recharge times? 30 mins on direct dc charge. Enough time for a coffee and a sammie

"For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen" Douglas Adams (1952-2001) - not riding a TUONO then!

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by yevjenko View Post
    Did you see the recharge times? 30 mins on direct dc charge. Enough time for a coffee and a sammie

Yeah, but imagine doing something like the Passes trip from Christchurch (Arthur Pass, Greymouth, Lewis Pass). I think that's between 550 and 600km so even on the model with the best performance you're still up for 3 compulsory 1/2 hour stops assuming you can find someone who will let you plug in. Now 3 stops on a trip of that length is sensible but I'd rather stop for a wander around something scenic, not a wait somewhere for my bikes lights to show full charge. Don't get me wrong ... I think electric bikes will become common in my lifetime and I'd have one in my garage if it was practical. I just think that for now, their use is limited to commuting. To tell the truth, I'd have one of those ones now (for my 36km per day commute) if it were about a quarter of the price.

Bike
    aprilia Tuono
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakie View Post
    Yeah, but imagine doing something like the Passes trip from Christchurch (Arthur Pass, Greymouth, Lewis Pass). I think that's between 550 and 600km so even on the model with the best performance you're still up for 3 compulsory 1/2 hour stops assuming you can find someone who will let you plug in. Now 3 stops on a trip of that length is sensible but I'd rather stop for a wander around something scenic, not a wait somewhere for my bikes lights to show full charge. Don't get me wrong ... I think electric bikes will become common in my lifetime and I'd have one in my garage if it was practical. I just think that for now, their use is limited to commuting. To tell the truth, I'd have one of those ones now (for my 36km per day commute) if it were about a quarter of the price.
    Agreed to all points. Especially the commute, especially if you could charge it up at work :-)

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakie View Post
    Population of the New Zealand. 4.2m approx? (Entire country)

Population of New York. 8.3m or something? (CITY) And what's Istanbul? Almost 14m now? (also only a city....)

I know what sort of conditions I would be building things like this for...and it wouldn't be a pootle over Arthurs Pass unfortunately.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    I can guarantee that the moment electric vehicles become commonplace, most workplaces will ban charging at work or install metered power points. As they should.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    One of the accountants working in the building adjacent to where I was employed won a "cordless bicycle" in a competition at Mitre10. Silly me, I thought all bicycles were cordless. This ws a Makita I think.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    The pirate bike. Arr-arr!
    I test drove an electric zero bike when they had one at cycletreads. (2012?)
    http://www.zeromotorcycles.com/
    It could do 100km/h and had a range of about the same i think. the newer ones are better.
    It was looking very second hand from test drives and they still wanted 9 grand for it. Even if your not paying for petrol as you commute it would take long time to make it cost effective vs a scooter using 2 litres of gas per 100k.

It was nippy enough, super light and had NO vibrations at all. My only concern was how quiet it was. Cagers busy doing other stuff than driving (fkn texting) and looking anywhere apart from the road can't tell your approaching cos they cant hear you. With an electric bike they'd only notice you were there once they've run you over.

I'd love to test drive that Mission R though! 0-150mph in one gear!

Bike
    aprilia Tuono
    I think i saw that all electric vehicles will need to be fitted with noise generators in the very near future. Time to pop out and record the v-twin I think

Bike
    Just need to throw some cards or cardboard in the spokes and rock that old school clacking noise. Doesn't get more bad ass than that.

Bike
    The pirate bike. Arr-arr!
    Can you imagine what the streets are going to sound like when everyone is driving electric vehicles and they all have personalised engine noises?

If you dont get my meaning then think of how people personalise their ring tones.....

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Ribit View Post
    Can you imagine what the streets are going to sound like when everyone is driving electric vehicles and they all have personalised engine noises?

If you dont get my meaning then think of how people personalise their ring tones.....
    I call rights on the sound of a Tiger tank at full speed on tarmac.

The sound of a woman having an orgasm might be entertaining though.

Thread Information