Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Proposal to delete rule 24.2.1 - Alcohol based fuel or fuel additives are prohibited

Bike
    I just lost count

Proposal to delete rule 24.2.1 - Alcohol based fuel or fuel additives are prohibited

Just FYI for those that may miss it (and subsequently bitch about it later). In this years proposed rule changes, it is proposed to delete rule 24.2.1.

24.2.1 Fuel: See 10.17.1. Alcohol based fuel or fuel additives are prohibited.
    This is the only proposed change to the Bucket rules this year.

Now I have not put this thread up to debate the positives and negatives, just to advise that if you have an opinion on the proposed deletion of this rule please provide feedback via email, admin@mnz.co.nz. A request from MNZ please state what proposal you are providing feedback on.

Feedback must be submitted before Friday 30th of April.

Full list of proposed changes can be found here http://www.mnz.co.nz/regulations/rul...d-rule-changes

Now let this thread degenerate into the shitfight I suspect it will become

For the record Qkkid was in my bed, not the other way round

Quote Originally Posted by Yow Ling View Post
    Pumba is a wise man.

Bike
    BSA A10
    Deleting that rule seems to make no difference as we're still covered by 10.17.1

The following classes shall be restricted to petrol having maximum
    characteristics not exceeding “Avgas or Unleaded FIM” as defined in Appendix E. Motocross, Stadium/Supercross, Miniature TT, Trials, Enduro, Cross Country,
    ATV, Stockbike, Solo, All Road Race classes except those classes listed in 10.17.2 and 10.17.3.
    All Mini and Junior classes
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Quote Originally Posted by Pumba View Post
    Just FYI for those that may miss it. In this years proposed rule changes, it is proposed to delete rule 24.2.1.
    Thanks for the heads up......

Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    Deleting that rule seems to make no difference as we're still covered by 10.17.1

10.17.1 The following classes shall be restricted to petrol having maximum characteristics not exceeding “Avgas or Unleaded FIM” as defined in Appendix E. All Road Race classes except those classes listed in 10.17.2 and 10.17.3.
    Rules 10.17.1, 10.17.2 and 10.17.3

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MNZ chapter-10---motorcycles-technical.pdf 
Views:	26 
Size:	40.2 KB 
ID:	295798

And Appendix E

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MNZ appendix-e---fuel-specifications.pdf 
Views:	26 
Size:	56.8 KB 
ID:	295796

Bike
    I just lost count
    Cheers Kick.

Didnt go looking to see if it was covered else where

Pumba is a wise man.

Bike
    GPR150
    air cooled 2 strokes i think is the only engine to benafit with Alcohol . just think a 30hp 2 stroke that don't losse hp in the first 3-4 laps ( stays the same until the end of the race). i thought the rule was only just put in place so why are they changing it ?

Bike
    I just lost count
    Quote Originally Posted by mr bucketracer View Post
    .... so why are they changing it ?
    It only a proposal. Someone obviously made a submission, or the are just trying to tidy up the rules because they believe it it covered under 10.17 is a duplication (IMO it is option 1)

Pumba is a wise man.

Bike
    GPR150

Thumbs up

It only a proposal. Someone obviously made a submission, or the are just trying to tidy up the rules because they believe it it covered under 10.17 is a duplication (IMO it is option 1)
    owell see what happens then , just started a 2 smoker anyway for some fun but i do like finshing races lol bugger my body is a 2 stroker .. ps pumba you are the fastist

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Just FYI for those that may miss it (and subsequently bitch about it later). In this years proposed rule changes, it is proposed to delete rule 24.2.1.

Feedback must be submitted before Friday 30th of April.

Full list of proposed changes can be found here http://www.mnz.co.nz/regulations/rul...d-rule-changes
    I see there has just been another proposed rule change added to the list.

24.2 Alter F4 2 Stroke's engine capacity to 107cc

I guess its intent is to allow 100's as a matter of convenience to use the readily available 52mm KT100 kart piston. Now 107cc is getting close to 125 without the handicap of air cooling and a 24mm carb.
    100cc to 107 is a 7% capacity increase a 125 7% bigger and it becomes 133.75

Currently 125's are limited to a maximum oversize of 1.25mm to stay within their capacity limit. Cylinders are getting old, so maybe as another matter of convenience we should allow 125's to go to 2mm oversize too .... which is about 134cc.

Bike
    I just lost count
    What a load of shit! That was not on the list the other day when I put this thread up. I mean how the fuck are you meant to have input into the sport when the shift the finish line after the race has started.

I am sorry but adding a proposal after the fact is so fucking wrong. I mean if not for robs comments I would have seen no need to go back and review the rules as I had already made a submission.

Pumba is a wise man.

Bike
    Bucket Sidecar
    Looks like we will be building a bunch of two-strokes then. If that change happens, it massively puts racing in favour of them over the four strokers. What was that wrong with how they sat at the moment? Seemed there was a really good mix of bikes at the top end of the competition right across the rules different types.

Bike
    NSR300 F3, ME BUCKET
    Quote Originally Posted by seymour14 View Post
    Looks like we will be building a bunch of two-strokes then. If that change happens, it massively puts racing in favour of them over the four strokers. What was that wrong with how they sat at the moment? Seemed there was a really good mix of bikes at the top end of the competition right across the rules different types.
    The fact is that the 2 strokes have always had a tech advantage over the 4 strokes. 400hp per litre V 200 per litre. working back from GP bikes 125's V the New 250 Both making 50hp and in real life that is about 5 or 6 short of what they do make. So a 107cc engine could make 42hp and 157 engine could make 31.4hp. Ummmmm does that make it clear enough for everyone. And don't go ah but I can't get a good barrel blah blah blah. Not my problem. Even a 350hp per litre bike has a massive advantage in hp. ha ha ha ha rant. Love it.

Bike
    RS/KE125, PW50
    Quote Originally Posted by richban View Post
    And don't go ah but I can't get a good barrel blah blah blah.
    Guess we'll just have to make do with what we have, or should that be what we will have; 110cc (when taking into account max over size allowance) running meth, we should manage

Bike
    NSR300 F3, ME BUCKET
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    Guess we'll just have to make do with what we have, or should that be what we will have; 110cc (when taking into account max over size allowance) running meth, we should manage
    And I will still kick your ass

Bike
    RS/KE125, PW50
    And I will still kick your ass
    Possibly, but was that the last of the not previously released proposed rule changes? You four stroke guys have become complacent, time to be punished

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    . . . And don't go ah but I can't get a good barrel blah blah blah. Not my problem. Even a 350hp per litre bike has a massive advantage in hp. ha ha ha ha rant. Love it.
    yeah barrels are a problem. How about we run road based 125 engines like 7 speed Mitos etc, but promise to keep them std? only 25hp, heck 150s can top that now, just these will sound better. Buy an engine from UK or Euro, fire in some fresh big end brg & piston & a years reliable racing awaits.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Thread Information