Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Has anyone used Elka rear shocks?

Bike
    GPR150

Red face Has anyone used Elka rear shocks?

want to treat myself a rear shock for the first time in my life.. are they any good

Bike
    Normally Suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by mr bucketracer View Post
    want to treat myself a rear shock for the first time in my life.. are they any good

Have you compared prices to Ohlins/Biturbo/Penske/k-tech? I know nothing about the Elka shock quality
    shaun@motodynamix.co.nz

I love my job Call 0223210319--AKA Shaun

Bike
    None
    We have had to revalve a few, quality is okay. What is it for?

Ph: 06 751 2100 * Email: robert@kss.net.nz
    Mob: 021 825 514 * Fax: 06 751 4551

Bike
    2008 R6
    I haven't... got a Penske myself. Having said that, talking to my racing friends (I don't race) they all seem to revert back to Ohlins after trying Elka.... and Elka is a Canadian company. Mind you I am talking about Road Racing and this was about 2 -3 years ago... things may have changed.. They have done quite well in the Snowmobile, off-road arena, but I don't know how Elka compares to other brands in those areas.

Bike
    GPR150
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Taylor View Post
    We have had to revalve a few, quality is okay. What is it for?
    its for a 125 gp type bike but 10kgs or so heaver , just sore them on ebay for not a bad price

Bike
    None
    its for a 125 gp type bike but 10kgs or so heaver , just sore them on ebay for not a bad price
    What price? The issue though is that such a shock would be an orphan in the local market and to not put too fine a point on it whilst Elka has been very successful where their comfort zone is ( ATV ) they havent exactly set the world on fire in road and road race.

Im not saying they are a bad shock in terms of build quality etc, its just that it wont neccessarily be ''bolt and go, a land of milk and honey''. Its likely that work will be required

Bike
    GPR150
    What price? The issue though is that such a shock would be an orphan in the local market and to not put too fine a point on it whilst Elka has been very successful where their comfort zone is ( ATV ) they havent exactly set the world on fire in road and road race.

Im not saying they are a bad shock in terms of build quality etc, its just that it wont neccessarily be ''bolt and go, a land of milk and honey''. Its likely that work will be required
    just under 1000 at my front door , i,v never had anything that good or new but have always done the times with no real set up . i run things on the softer side which i would guess is a bit more forgiving ( maybe more for smaller type bikes ) i thought for the price if it don't work in my f3 bike it can go in my bucket racer

Bike
    2001 RC46
    Blog Entries
    Don't doo eeet!
    I have an Elka, cost... hmmm... $1250 landed (including over $200 in shipping), if I remember correctly. Much better than the standard Showa, but once I got the front forks refettled (um... twice, in the end), it showed up the rear end. The idea was to save money over getting an Ohlins from Dr Bob, but it turned out to be a false economy, and I ended up having to spend several hundreds more to get the Elka Ohlins-ised. IT's GOOD now.
    Just get an Ohlins from KSS, do it right.
    ... and that's what I think.

Or summat.

Or maybe not...

Dunno really....

Bike
    GPR150
    Quote Originally Posted by vifferman View Post
    Don't doo eeet!
    I have an Elka, cost... hmmm... $1250 landed (including over $200 in shipping), if I remember correctly. Much better than the standard Showa, but once I got the front forks refettled (um... twice, in the end), it showed up the rear end. The idea was to save money over getting an Ohlins from Dr Bob, but it turned out to be a false economy, and I ended up having to spend several hundreds more to get the Elka Ohlins-ised. IT's GOOD now.
    Just get an Ohlins from KSS, do it right.
    bugger what type of bike and how meany years ago?

Bike
    Normally Suzuki
    just under 1000 at my front door , i,v never had anything that good or new but have always done the times with no real set up . i run things on the softer side which i would guess is a bit more forgiving ( maybe more for smaller type bikes ) i thought for the price if it don't work in my f3 bike it can go in my bucket racer

Talk to the Bitubo dealer in auckland man for a price first man, as a shock brand that has just won the NZ 600 champs as it came from the box, would be a much much easier shock to onsell at a later date rather than an Elka
    shaun@motodynamix.co.nz

Bike
    GPR150
    Quote Originally Posted by Moto-Dynamix View Post
    Talk to the Bitubo dealer in auckland man for a price first man, as a shock brand that has just won the NZ 600 champs as it came from the box, would be a much much easier shock to onsell at a later date rather than an Elka
    thanks will do

Bike
    None
    Quote Originally Posted by Moto-Dynamix View Post
    And the earth is also flat. Perception devoid of the total reality, it was no more out of the box than Ohlins or K-Tech and had been comprehensively tested and fettled with. Aden is a nice guy and has sincerity and integrity to him. Interesting sidenote is that Wolfpacks forks had been revalved using a K-Tech setting bank that I had and passed over to them, which I just happened to have. They had been lied to, told that a setting bank didnt exist. It exists for all of these brands. ALL ARE GOOD BRANDS even though one of them committed industrial espionage.

A bit of truth and honesty doesnt go amiss
    Last edited by Robert Taylor; 8th April 2014 at 20:21.

Bike
    None
    Is that factoring in clearance charges plus gst on the value of the goods, freight and clearance.

Bike
    Normally Suzuki
    And the earth is also flat. Perception devoid of the total reality, it was no more out of the box than Ohlins or K-Tech and had been comprehensively tested and fettled with. Aden is a nice guy and has sincerity and integrity to him. Interesting sidenote is that Wolfpacks forks had been revalved using a K-Tech setting bank that I had and passed over to them, which I just happened to have. They had been lied to, told that a setting bank didnt exist. It exists for all of these brands. ALL ARE GOOD BRANDS even though one of them committed industrial espionage.

A bit of truth and honesty doesnt go amiss

Sorry my bad, I was told it was as it came and believed the man who told me as I have known him for many years and trusted him. It was NOT aden who said this to me.
    shaun@motodynamix.co.nz

Bike
    Honda CBR600RR9
    Haven't signed in to kb for ages, I tend to keep off it but thought I would say that as far as I know John's bitubo was out of the box stock, as was mine and Toby's. Only changed spring rates. Same with the front.
    I have no agenda as u would know Robert with the amount of Ohlins suspension we are doing on mx bikes at the moment.

Thread Information