Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Experiences with partsfish.com?

Bike
    2002 Kawasaki ZX6R

Experiences with partsfish.com?

Hi, has anyone had experience with ordering OEM parts from partsfish.com? I'm looking for some bits for my ZX6R and Kawasaki have been, um, uncompetitive to say the least. Partsfish seem to have better pricing than most other US-based sellers of OEM Kawasaki bits, but I'd like to know if that comes with a corresponding lack of customer service?

Bike
    The pirate bike. Arr-arr!
    Quote Originally Posted by more_fasterer View Post
    Hi, has anyone had experience with ordering OEM parts from partsfish.com? I'm looking for some bits for my ZX6R and Kawasaki have been, um, uncompetitive to say the least. Partsfish seem to have better pricing than most other US-based sellers of OEM Kawasaki bits, but I'd like to know if that comes with a corresponding lack of customer service?

I hear ya about buying parts in nz! it's SOOO much cheaper getting it in from the states even after shipping in added. I recommend keeping the total cost per package under $400 and you prob wont be charged gst by customs. chances are its cheaper to have two packages with shipping on each rather than gst on one package.

I havent tried partsfish but have used partzilla and found the prices to be better than other sites ive looked at (im investigating a price comparison between the two sites after writing this. shipping times were reasonable considering i'd go for the cheapest option. Customer service was good. I wanted to add another item to an order before it shipped and they arranged that for me.

http://www.partzilla.com/

Bike
    CBR250R '89 MC19
    You can also give http://www.wemoto.com/ a go. I got my Honda CBR250 air filter from there, great quality much cheaper than local.

Bike
    '17 CRF 1000LD
    Quote Originally Posted by more_fasterer View Post
    Looking at their shipping info I see that partsfish don't ship overseas and recommend a couple of 3rd parties that provide a US address. I already use Shipito.com but don't know if partsfish will ship to them.
    You might want to check http://www.partsharkworld.com/ who do ship directly to overseas customers.

Partzilla as mentioned by Ribit looks pretty good too.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    I realised that having 105kg of man sliding into my rear was a tad uncomfortable
    "If the cops didn't see it, I didn't do it!"
    - George Carlin (RIP)

Bike
    2014 BMW G650GS
    New Zealand Post run a freight service from both the US and UK called Youshop. Go into their website and sign up for it and they give you an address in the US/UK to send your purchases to and then forward them to NZ

Bike
    CB1300
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbyhorse View Post
    New Zealand Post run a freight service from both the US and UK called Youshop. Go into their website and sign up for it and they give you an address in the US/UK to send your purchases to and then forward them to NZ
    Used them recently. Far ken expensive. Small packages cheap enough. Big or heavy bits will suck you dry. Make sure you know the size and weight before having your goods forwarded. My wife's package was about a cubic foot. A little over. $98 to get it to NZ. 4 times our estimation based on package size we were expecting. Over size by 3cm one way 6 cm another on our estimate.

If you don't pay you can have your goods returned to vendor at your expense or request goods destroyed.

To be fair we had our package in 6 postal days from us from a vendor who does not ship internationally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
    CB1300

Experiences with partsfish.com?

No experience with parts fish. I have used and found to be top value www.mrcycles.com.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    I got some OEM brake pins and pads from Parts Fish. I had no problems and they got the parts shipped within a couple of days (nobody anywhere had the parts in stock so no matter where I ordered from they would've had to get them in). YouPost weren't exactly cheap though.
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbyhorse View Post
    Anyone tried this? Last time i was bringing something in from the states (partzilla) it wasn't cheaper to use this service. The tricky thing will be calculating what Youpost will charge since you prob wont know the size or weight of the finished parcel.
    Another thing that might cause problems is if your parcel has been damaged. No-one will own up to damaging it and therefore claiming insurance might not be possible.

I see there's a couple more of these services available for re-shipping.
    http://www.reship.com/

www.myus.com

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
    My wife's package was about a foot.

Anyone tried this?
    i started writing that message before the others wrote in that they had...

Bike
    '17 CRF 1000LD
    Quote Originally Posted by Ribit View Post
    Anyone tried this? Last time i was bringing something in from the states (partzilla) it wasn't cheaper to use this service. The tricky thing will be calculating what Youpost will charge since you prob wont know the size or weight of the finished parcel.
    Another thing that might cause problems is if your parcel has been damaged. No-one will own up to damaging it and therefore claiming insurance might not be possible.
    With Shipito.com you have this:
    You can have several packages consolidated and know the size & weight of the package, you can then choose from a bunch of shipping options with the price of each shown.
    You can use the cheapest or fastest or somewhere in between.
    You can choose USPS, DHL, Fed-Ex, etc http://www.shipito.com/postage
    You can have photos taken of the goods by shipito for insurance so you can claim for damage.
    They give you a California address (cheaper shipping) and an Oregon address (no US sales tax).

I've had 46 packages sent to shipito and 14 packages sent from them to me, no problems.
    No damage on any of those packages.
    No GST or duty charged on any of the 14 packages as they came into NZ.
    I realised that having 105kg of man sliding into my rear was a tad uncomfortable
    - George Carlin (RIP)

Bike
    Were all the packages worth less than $400? As i understand it, at less than $400 customs cant be arsed chasing Gst on parcels, but certain items will still attract customs duties.

Bike
    aprilia Tuono

I see there's a couple more of these services available for re-shipping.
    http://www.reship.com/

www.myus.com
    My mate uses the you post one and has had no problems

sent from my phone (so scuze auto correct typos)
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen" Douglas Adams (1952-2001) - not riding a TUONO then!

Bike
    '17 CRF 1000LD
    Were all the packages worth less than $400? As i understand it, at less than $400 customs cant be arsed chasing Gst on parcels, but certain items will still attract customs duties.
    With Shipito I get to choose which packages go into the consolidated package, I ensure I get a package with a customs value of less than $350 every time.
    Some packages included clothing (which is subject to import duty) but customs didn't stop them.
    - George Carlin (RIP)

Bike
    08R6 Race bike
    I recommend partshark.

http://www.partshark.com/

They're all much the same, within a few bucks of each other last I checked.
    Can I scream?

Thread Information