Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1000cc bikes on tardme

Bike
    suzuki dr200 2004

1000cc bikes on tardme

why is it that most of the newer liter bikes 2008+ for 10g have been dropped. seen i few that i like but get into the texts/phone calls and then you get the its been dropped by the owner before me shit.. maybe im looking in the wrong place but geez is annoying..

Bike
    2009 CBR1000RR
    Probably the reason they are selling them?
    Can't handle the power I suppose......

Bike
    suzuki dr200 2004
    possible at-least put it in the add so i don't have to waste my time asking.. lol

Bike
    ---2000 Triumph SprintT
    Fair percentage of bikes are dropped. Many in parks, garages etc. Not to do with power necessarily - just an accidental fall over. Been there. Dropped my first in 1972 on wet tarseal in town while pulling over to stop....front and rear went left real quick into the gutter with the sea of moving seal. Next drop in 2013...bike not even under power...fell over.

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Bikes fall over, just the way it is. Try looking at a car falling over...

What's the issue? If there are marks on it, then it's a price discount, otherwise, it's been repaired. Hell, you'd probably drop it at some point...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    a red heap
    Quote Originally Posted by mike1991 View Post
    ..... its been dropped by the owner before me shit.......
    Its never the current owner.

Unless their name is DMNTD

Bike
    suzuki dr200 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    Bikes fall over, just the way it is. Try looking at a car falling over...

What's the issue? If there are marks on it, then it's a price discount, otherwise, it's been repaired. Hell, you'd probably drop it at some point...
    maybe but they hardly move on price at all.. maybe i was expecting to much for getting a bike that has not been dropped for 10g meh would be nice to know in the actual auction though..

Bike
    '09 Bandit 1250s
    So many people are called "by the previous owner".

Too much shame to admit they aren't infallible?

Bike
    ---2000 Triumph SprintT
    maybe but they hardly move on price at all.. maybe i was expecting to much for getting a bike that has not been dropped for 10g meh would be nice to know in the actual auction though..
    Yeh - letting people know would be nice - but only for those that mind about such things a lot. From the other perspective - in my case anyhow - I have a new stock RH fairing, foot peg, bar end and lever. Better than it was before the tip - when the fairing had some stone chips and the peg had rubber worn down to the metal. Maybe I'd ask MORE? It's now newer! If a bike is repaired - plastic welding on fairings etc - I'd be cautious. My 1st 1L bike had that. Repaint on the fairings and broken fastener tabs were welded somehow. A bit of a let down inside. Tabs started to break off a year later. If repair is new parts and not visible - why worry?

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Most bikes in CHCH fell over in 2010 and/or 2011 ......................

If I drink enough I fall over - does that reduce my value?

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/moto...-715500019.htm

One of the best all rounders ever made right there. You'd prolly get it for $5500-$6500, and never feel like you needed more of anything.

Bike
    suzuki dr200 2004
    hmm thanks for the insight maybe im just being to picky for my own good..trying to few a bike of tardme if all goes well i might come out with a new bike.

Bike
    a shiny new(ish) one
    I agree with you that it would be nice to have that in the auction / advertising, its a bit annoying and you wonder what else has been ommitted . . .

Having said that, I dont understand why everyone shudders and draws away in fright when they hear a bike has been 'dropped'.
    dropping a bike might be as little as dropping it while stationary in a car park, and bending a brake or clutch lever.
    Its one thing if its been cartwheeled off a race track at full noise, but for the most part, its no different that an otherwise good car with a scratch on the door from a runaway shopping trolley at the supermarket, or a broken front indicator from the fence you nudged . . .

and yeah, it was always the 'previous owner'. Got told that once, but the seller didnt realise I knew the previous owner, and knew what condition the bike was sold to HIM in,
    went a bit red when I told him that.

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    why is it that most of the newer liter bikes 2008+ for 10g have been dropped. seen i few that i like but get into the texts/phone calls and then you get the its been dropped by the owner before me shit.. maybe im looking in the wrong place but geez is annoying..
    How long you been riding???

Everyone at sometime drops a bike, slip on ice putting foot down, gravel, earthquake, petrol station oil, side stand not down, parking on a slope. Depends on what you mean by being dropped??
    Most of these mean nothing, I would be more worried about the engine and how thats been treated

Quote Jan 2020 Posted by Katman

Life would be so much easier if you addressed questions with a simple answer.

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Mint example of the classic superbike - one careful owner, full service record. Many tasteful modifications. Be quick.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bang.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	54.0 KB 
ID:	296064  

Thread Information