Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: What's the "best" loaner bike you've been given to use?

Bike
    KTM 1190 Adv R and a bunch of dirties
    Got a RC8 currently. Now I remember why I gave up sprots bikes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Anything and everything has been enjoyed and appreciated.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    Aprilia Shiver 750, Suzuki RG150E
    Mine was a Griso 8V. Awesome fun. After that was a V7 Classic and Norge 8V.

Yes, they're all Moto Guzzis...

"...you meet the weirdest people riding a Guzzi !!..."

Bike
    1995 Ducati M900 Monster
    Many moons ago my then GS1000 was in the workshop having a big bore kit fitted, which they managed to screw up so while they fixed my bike (big fight between the bike shop and machining subcontractor) they loaned me first a CB550, which lasted about 3 weeks before the clutch let go, then a super dream 250 with a knackered chain which lasted about two weeks, then a 350 YPVS for 4 weeks with another knackered chain and finally another 250 super dream.

Only good thing to come out of all of it was a desire for the 350, as when I got my bike back it only lasted 2 weeks as they had re-assembled the alternator end of the crank wrong and it got chewed up........

So I got a great deal on my bike against a 350 YPVS

Bike
    2001 Red, White, Blue FireBlade
    KTM RC8 while a 600f was in for a service.

or the Honda CB500F I had for 6 MONTHS while my 600rr got fixed.
    Being a rental bike it was WAY faster than my 600rr. Tyres got absolutely shredded. I wasn't allowed to do anything helpful to it either.

Bike
    2013 lil red tractor
    It's not always possible for a shop to provide a loaner, so I appreciate it when it can be done.
    Motomart lent me a road registered XR250 once, and it was ok. The Yamaha 250 (virago?) from Botany Honda wasn't too flash, but did the job.
    Wild West Honda loaned a VTR1000 once - that was a bit of fun.
    WMC loaned a Harley Switchback when I had the first service done on my bike - it was a hoot (thanks Pete !)
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Bike
    Your mom
    No one ever lets me borrow their bike.

Bike
    2018 Triump Street Triple 765 rs
    Best was a Triumph Tiger 1050. Felt like puttin the leg out every corner. It was cool fun.
    worst was definitely a Harley Wideglide. Brand new out of the box for the whole day. Took it back after 2 hours cause it was such a shit to ride. Drank coffee for 6 more hours while mine had some work finished on it.
    Trumpydom!

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by turtleman View Post
    WMC loaned a Harley Switchback when I had the first service done on my bike - it was a hoot (thanks Pete !)
    Any time mate! Tis what demos are for!

Bike
    Bikes!
    Quote Originally Posted by boman View Post
    As over $20,000.00 had been spent with them, I was expecting something a little better. As my only other experience with a loan bike had been a considerably better bike.
    $20k is nothing, it's not even one fucking motorcycle

Bike
    Assorted British
    A second class ride is better than a first class walk. I have always appreciated the offer of a loan bike regardless of what it has been and consider a loan bike a privilege and not a right unless you are paying for hireage.

Bike
    Bikes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    Hey...I'll always try and sort out a nice bike for a good reg customer to use if it's avail...one of the latest demo bikes etc. But sometimes, it's simply not possible.
    The importers have probably been doing this since forever, so have already worked out what level gives the best returns... but for me the smartest money they can spend is to make sure the dealer that services my bikes pushes a demo bike to ride down my face. The chances of me binging on another bike go through the roof if I get on one and love it. Ha, bet the Ducati dealers do it

Bike
    2007 KTM 990 Adventure
    Years ago Took my VT 250 commuter in for a service and brendan Keogh gave me a brand new R1 (as in less than 100 km on clock). Talk about intimidating, that year at cemetery circuit for the life of me I couldn't work out how they could be ridden so hard.

(The r1 was going to Manfield for a track day and they wanted some kms put on it, I heard later that it been dropped on the track).

Bike
    Something red and quick
    Ducati Monster 695 from Cyclespot.
    It was so good I was thinking of buying one.
    Elite Fight Club - Proudly promoting common sense and safe riding since 2024
    http://1199s.wordpress.com

Bike
    XT660Z
    When I was in the UK I used to ride BMWs. Their loners were always current models. Over the years I ended up riding most of the boxer and single ranges. Some I got to keep for several days. I guess the 1150 Adventure was the best. It was riding the standard GS at the time and the Adventure was a definite step up.

Thread Information