Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zero Engineering arrived Auckland

Bike
    Zero Engineering Type9i
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubber View Post
    Oh yes....i can certainly see that happening anytime now!
    Please understand we only distribute Zero Choppers and we don't sell HD. But HD retailers could sell other brand motorcycles, brand new or second hand.

Bike
    Zero Engineering Type9i
    The Type 9’s innovative rear multi-arm suspension brings the look of a rigid frame together with modern suspension technology. Though it may be hard to imagine from its classic appearance, this unique suspension system is more compact and efficient than most swing-arm suspensions, allowing for lossless traction and a smooth ride even under a heavy load. The Type 9 does not sacrifice vintage style for excessive accessories and brings polished traction performance and high speed stability.

Persistence and technological innovation came together to create this unique suspension system.
    After most of his life’s work was dedicated to Formula One, a forward-thinking engineer turned his attention to the world of two wheels. The PLOT development team put enormous effort into a new type of suspension with a high level of torsional rigidity, and their persistent engineering lead to the successful creation of an exclusive suspension system for the Type 9: an innovative multi-arm suspension. With a normal swing-arm suspension, the rear wheel travels on the circumference of the arm’s pivot, but with the multi-arm suspension, there are many pivot points, allowing the wheel to move outside of this tight orbit. The result is a more compact, clean, and responsive suspension with less limited wheel travel. With the multi-arm suspension, the Type 9 travels more smoothly, responding to the road more efficiently, even with heavy touring loads.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	type9_IMG_4314.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	47.2 KB 
ID:	296214

Bike
    2018 Triump Street Triple 765 rs
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero_Engineering View Post
    Please understand we only distribute Zero Choppers and we don't sell HD. But HD retailers could sell other brand motorcycles, brand new or second hand.
    Um I dont think so. They predominantly are only allowed to sell HD as far as new is concerned in most cases. I very much doubt they would want those things in thier showrooms. Second hand or not.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk
    Trumpydom!

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Firstly I really like the 'look' of that bike and for a Sunday putt to a country pub it would be very cool.

But your sales blurb above is, to be polite, bollocks. I'm 50 next year and I spent my very early teens riding my push bike to second hand book shops buying American chopper magazines.

The gooseneck frame was invented decades ago - zero like it fine, but it is nothing new and a copy. Period. Ditto the 'look' - in some ways it is a take on Arlen Ness digger frames - long low and clean.

Rear suspension that looks like a hard-tail......... another take on something that has been done for years. The video made me laugh - the guy stating how much more comfortable it is for long hauls. Agree - it will be better than a hard tail but maybe if form was sacrificed a fraction for function and the bars less of a stretch and pegs placed amidships the rider would enjoy the ride significantly more ....... maybe that will be the next innovation

I'd very much like to have the coin to build my own bobber - but I'll leave the bullshit at home and let the bike speak for itself.

Bike
    Zero Engineering Type9i
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    Firstly I really like the 'look' of that bike and for a Sunday putt to a country pub it would be very cool.

But your sales blurb above is, to be polite, bollocks. I'm 50 next year and I spent my very early teens riding my push bike to second hand book shops buying American chopper magazines.

The gooseneck frame was invented decades ago - zero like it fine, but it is nothing new and a copy. Period. Ditto the 'look' - in some ways it is a take on Arlen Ness digger frames - long low and clean.

Rear suspension that looks like a hard-tail......... another take on something that has been done for years. The video made me laugh - the guy stating how much more comfortable it is for long hauls. Agree - it will be better than a hard tail but maybe if form was sacrificed a fraction for function and the bars less of a stretch and pegs placed amidships the rider would enjoy the ride significantly more ....... maybe that will be the next innovation

I'd very much like to have the coin to build my own bobber - but I'll leave the bullshit at home and let the bike speak for itself.
    Thank you. I respect your choice. But please allow me to say this: someone tried before - to buy a harley and custom it to a Zero, actually it cost more than to buy a brand new Zero; And also, I have discussed this with a famous kiwi mechanic, he also agree my opinion. But Zero Engineering (which belongs to PLOT Inc) is not a conclusion, we believe motorcycle is a symbol of freedom, we just hope to provide another choice to kiwi riders to moving on exceedingly.
    Last edited by Zero_Engineering; 17th April 2014 at 01:21.

Bike
    2006 Suzuki Hayabusa
    In all honesty I think these bikes look great. The chopper/crusier style has grown on me over the last couple of years.
    I wouldn't give up a Hayabusa for anything, I could own another bike WITH a hayabusa. But could never sell a Hayabusa to buy another bike.

Is anyone actually willing to go have a look at one?
    Test rides even if the rider has no intention on currently buying?

Bike
    Zero Engineering Type9i
    Quote Originally Posted by The Reibz View Post
    In all honesty I think these bikes look great. The chopper/crusier style has grown on me over the last couple of years.
    I wouldn't give up a Hayabusa for anything, I could own another bike WITH a hayabusa. But could never sell a Hayabusa to buy another bike.

Is anyone actually willing to go have a look at one?
    Test rides even if the rider has no intention on currently buying?
    Welcome to have a look at it and sit on it.

Bike
    Zero Engineering Type9i

With all my respect, could you tell me which company produce the same frame and rear suspension and use it on which bike please as you said Zero copy them? The frame made by the same production line of Lexus, we have visited there before. And also the rear suspension designed by the engineer of Toyota F1 Team, I know him personally. Zero Engineering belongs to PLOT Inc, which owns a private racing team, and this team used to be the top 3 of Japanese SBK team.

Althogh Zero Engineering is well-known in Europe, America and Asia, even Austrilia, we still new here. We notice there are many motorcycle masters who are kiwis. We would like to make friends with kiwi bikers and improve from each other.

Welcome you to come and test ride Zero Type9, and we could have a drink at York Street Mechanics, chat about motorcycles.

Warm regards
    Last edited by Zero_Engineering; 17th April 2014 at 15:22.

Bike
    KTM 1290 SDGT
    lets see some close up pics of front and rear suspension and some info on suspension travel front and rear, suspension adjustment ,
    lean angles , range on a tank of gas (I see somewhere it said good for touring)etc
    Political Correctness, the chief weapon of whiney arse bastards

Bike
    Honda VF750f.
    I like this one.

From India.
    For a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him. Keep an open mind, just dont let your brains fall out.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    I feel you miss my point - the hype is what I objected to. I very much like the bike.

Re frame - the Gooseneck has been around for decades and my reference to a hard-tail style with suspension should be obvious - Harley have done this for ages. Yes a different approach by zero but not ground breaking. Indeed once could propose that HD's design is less complex.

Of interest I remember a front springer design that did similar to your rear - the rocker at the axle attached to a rod that when up one of the springer legs tubes to internal springs. Very clean looking - limited travel of course.

What's the rear wheel travel on the Zero design?

Here's a 70's Gooseneck chop.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	goose.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	10.7 KB 
ID:	296242  

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Here ya go mate - it was bugging me so I found it. John Harman invented the internal rod.spring front end in the 70's for that clean sweet look. Still being made today by another company in the states.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Bike
    Zero Engineering Type9i
    Here ya go mate - it was bugging me so I found it. John Harman invented the internal rod.spring front end in the 70's for that clean sweet look. Still being made today by another company in the states.
    Thank you for bringing me the new knowledges. But please allow me to say that I don't see they are same. You are welcome to come and see it in real.

Name:	type9_IMG_4314.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	47.2 KB 
ID:	296264
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Bike
    Zero Engineering Type9i

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1398334134410.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	51.8 KB