Thread: 1200cc v twin spa pool.

Bike
    Softail Deuce

1200cc v twin spa pool.

Hey that got your attention lol.
    How about a 2014 update on spa pools now winter is rolling back in.
    I have had a spa for many years and love it in the winter, usually in it 5 nights a week for half an hour minimum. But... it costs alot to run and Im guessing its more than $100 a month in power.
    Want to upgrade and wondering what to go after. Hotspring have a good name and a small circulation pump that helps contain power costs. Anyone have a spa they recommend that is reasonable power wise. They are a great thing and warm you right through on a cold night or after a cool run on the bike.
    Most if not all the brands rekon they have the best and there is not a lot of threads anywhere that talk about the true cost of running them. Even consumer does not have a recommendation on any. Heaps of brands lots of hype not much real world info. There is an old thread on this but goes back a few years and doesn't have strong indication of best brand either.
    Cheers for any feedback and I dont want to know about that great party you had 10 years ago involving a beach vollyball team lol. [If its a good story start another thread]

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Get a spa with big jet vent holes, if you touch your thumb and first finger together that is about the size of the hole you want

Bike
    KTM 250exc
    Get buddy buddy with a sparky and get him to sort you out with some "easy power" and turn it up!

Bike
    Assorted British
    PM sent.

Cheers

Bike
    2015 Yamaha MT-09 Tracer
    Rather than gain a huge long term power bill I bit the bullet and spent $800 on a Bosch gas hot water system for my spa.
    Quite easy to fit with basic plumbing knowledge it ends up costing me about 1 45kg cylinder per year.
    I leave the spa cold which reduces issues with bacteria then fire it up about 40min before I want to use it (or sooner if we have plans).
    System has been on spa now for about 10 years with only basic maintenance and cleaning
    If you are what you eat, then I'm fast, cheap and easy
    I have a gas axe and a welder! What do you mean "it won't fit"?

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Get the Spa it will pull hot chicks better than any 1200cc bike LOL

Friend had one reckoned extra power was only $30 a month.
    Does the wife do baking? Ovens are the power suckers...

Bike
    a fucking hornet
    run mine on a gas califont $20 for 5x spas

plastic fabricator/welder here if you need a hand ! will work for beer/bourbon/booze

come ride the southern roads www.southernrider.co.nz

Bike
    a shiny one... for now.
    I have a hotsprings prodigy and would definitely recommend it. Hotsprings do know how to make a good spa. Downside is they arent the cheapest.

Bike
    86.249 93.398 00.944
    We've got a hotspring spa that's about 10 years old at our place, bonus that it came free with the house, excellent in any weather except raining.

Bad planning on my part meant it's currently in bits to replace start caps on pump motors, when I got back from tramping on Friday I was wishing I'd left it another week, at least it would have been warm....

As far as what it costs to run, I turned it off last Monday to pull the motors out, haven't seen any noticeable reduction in the power bill when I look at the usage graph online so it can't be that significant.
    Riding cheap crappy old bikes badly since 1987

Tagorama maps: Transalpers map first 100 tags..................Map of tags 101-200......................Latest map, tag # 201-->

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by wynw View Post
    I have a hotsprings prodigy and would definitely recommend it. Hotsprings do know how to make a good spa. Downside is they arent the cheapest.
    Aye, I've got a very large hotsprings machine. Costs not very much to run, as long as you keep a good cover on it. It's at least 16 years old and it's lived outside on a concrete slab both here and at the last house, which may be why the bottom plate rotted out on the frame a year or so ago. I turned it upside down, (like it says not to do in the manual) and rebuilt it, brushed plenty of evadure into it and stuck some good old bitumen based DPC to the bottom and flipped it back over.

Got a new lid, (3rd one) for it last month, they get waterlogged over a few years. They're not bad quality, but they fucking need to be, they cost twice what the competition do. And to be honest I'm not sure that if I had it to do again I wouldn't buy a cheaper new one every decade or so...
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Thread Information