Thread: GSR750 vs MT09

Bike
    GSXR 750 the wanton hussy

GSR750 vs MT09

I want one of them, but ...
    ...which one?
    And why would I want it over the other?
    Who else hates decisions?
    Do you realise how many holes there could be if people would just take the time to take the dirt out of them?

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    09 - it's not pretending to be anything other than fun. The Suzi is a watered down GSXR.

You'd be better off picking up a late model GSXR750 with low kms for a good price, dumping the plastic, new top tree that will take a nice set of fatbars - headlight and walla - all the goodness of the GSXR and naked goodness to boot. Well that's what I'd do ........

Bike
    a shiny new(ish) one
    why choose just one!!??

Bike
    What do you like about those two that made you pick them for comparison over a Street Triple, Z800, Brutale 675, CB650(?) or some other middle weight naked?

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    MT-09 is by far the better value, especially when compared to the other bikes that Ender Enzed listed. The GSR comes across as worthy but anodyne. All of them have horrible pillion accommodation, if that helps. The 09 will crap all over the rest of them in the torque stakes as well.

The Z800 is ridiculously fat, the Brutale is expensive and will break down, the Honda is, well, a Honda, and the Triumph is as common as muck.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    Its a Boat
    The GSR looks like it was made for the ''fairer sex'' whereas the MT09 does not iykwim.

Bike
    Dont have one now
    MT. It just looks the business

Bike
    Nada
    Quote Originally Posted by MSTRS View Post
    I want one of them, but ...
    ...which one?
    And why would I want it over the other?
    Who else hates decisions?
    Primary style of riding will be? Touring? Commuting?

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    09 - it's not pretending to be anything other than fun. The Suzi is a watered down GSXR.

You'd be better off picking up a late model GSXR750 with low kms for a good price, dumping the plastic, new top tree that will take a nice set of fatbars - headlight and walla - all the goodness of the GSXR and naked goodness to boot. Well that's what I'd do ........
    Have seriously thought about doing that to my K6 1000 . Seems a shame, as its pretty mint , but the hassle of trying to sell it and what you'd get for it ????
    Top yokes could be had from Aussie I suppose ?
    It's either that or put it in the a lounge.

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    Blandit 1200, DRZ250 K, Beta xtrainer
    Do some research into the shortcomings of the MT09. Would be my pick but by the time you sort suspension ,power commander and an exhaust your $14000 bike becomes a $20000 bike. But a shit hot one!

Bike
    GSXR 750 the wanton hussy
    Quote Originally Posted by DMNTD View Post
    Primary style of riding will be? Touring? Commuting?
    Prolly commute and weekend fun. The odd bigger trip, but I wouldn't be interested in this style if touring was the main purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by SVboy View Post
    Do some research into the shortcomings of the MT09. Would be my pick but by the time you sort suspension ,power commander and an exhaust your $14000 bike becomes a $20000 bike. But a shit hot one!

MT09 is $12000 on the road here in Brisbane.
    GSR is $12300 " " " "

Both are a lot of bike for the coin.
    Even though I'm a Suzuki fan from way back, the Yammy appears to promise more fun.
    Do you realise how many holes there could be if people would just take the time to take the dirt out of them?

Bike
    Blandit 1200, DRZ250 K, Beta xtrainer
    As a Suzuki addict I test rode a brand new GSR when they first came out. Bitterly disappointed. A bike built by an accountant. Opportunity lost big time Suzuki IMHO. I think the MT09 has much more potential, but who really wants to spend the extra coin to make it a great bike when the end bill puts you near great bikes like monsters etc.
    Be interesting to see how the MT 07 fares. Very good reviews from overseas so far.

Bike
    Dont have one now
    Quote Originally Posted by SVboy View Post
    As a Suzuki addict I test rode a brand new GSR when they first came out. Bitterly disappointed. A bike built by an accountant. Opportunity lost big time Suzuki IMHO. I think the MT09 has much more potential, but who really wants to spend the extra coin to make it a great bike when the end bill puts you near great bikes like monsters etc.
    Be interesting to see how the MT 07 fares. Very good reviews from overseas so far.
    It's a bit of a bloody conundrum really because if you do go that next step to a great bike like a Monster, you still end up wanting to do all those bits like exhausts tuner tweak anyway......and if you're like me, you keep going, led indicators, rear sets, tail tidies the list just keeps going

it just keeps shoving you up a bracket

Bike
    2013 GSXR-1300 Hayabusa
    Buy a busa. Great commuting bike.

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    Have seriously thought about doing that to my K6 1000 . Seems a shame, as its pretty mint , but the hassle of trying to sell it and what you'd get for it ????
    Top yokes could be had from Aussie I suppose ?
    It's either that or put it in the a lounge.
    There are a few companies do top tree conversions for your Suzuki that bolt right on. A ferret around Google will find. LSL make a nice kit.

https://www.spieglerusa.com/handleba...n-kit-4346.htm

I'm a bit shocked how much later model GSXR1000 plummet in $ - low km examples are a bargain just waiting for personalising.

Thread Information