Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: GSR750 vs MT09

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerMidget View Post
    I've narrowed my growing up bike down to one of these two or a street triple, having taken out both the triple and gsr, can anyone offer a comparison on the MT-09 please? I'm having trouble finding one.

Plus I'm a bit short so I have trouble with anything taller than the triple. Which to be fair is almost too tall as well.
    Just clicked over 50000 km on my Street Triple and it's still running beautifully. I came from a Blackbird to the Triple 4 years ago and still love it to bits. Time to replace the rear shock but apart from that, it's a wonderful bike for the type of riding I do. James Deuce said they were as common as muck . Stretching it a bit but his sentiments are along the right lines as people realise what a cracker of a bike they are. Ergonomically perfect for my 5' 8" frame too. Great for touring (one up) or scratching with bigger capacity bikes. Just look at the comparisons on YouTube with other bikes.

Bike
    2000 Honda Hornet 600
    I'd go the MT-09, even though reports are the throttle is snatchy from the twist-by-wire (electronic throttle)... Just 'cos I'm a Yamaha whore at heart and it looks the biz!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your beliefs don't make you a better person, your behaviour does.

Bike
    Ducati M696
    the throttle is a bit snatchy in the more lively of the three modes it has but is better in the 2nd mode and is not an issue at all in its lowest mode - which is good for around town.

the bike has some issues but from my experience taking it for a test ride it's not much of a big deal. not compared to the suspension or the seat which which are a bit rough. they are things you may want to check out and consider upgrading if you are looking at getting the bike.

Bike
    A
    Quote Originally Posted by ital916 View Post
    Buy a busa. Great commuting bike.
    One way to get TO work with a smile on your face

Bike
    750 auw
    So any of you mofo's got an MT-09 or had a decent blast on it? Keen to hear what this is like to live with. Reviews seem to range from 3 out of 5 stars to "bike of the year".

It's near the top of my list at the moment for a "sub 20k do most things mid-range naked", but main concern is the 14l tank range. Snatch and suspension too, but and I'm light and a shit rider so not sure if it too worried about them or if they really are an issue. Can always upgrade suspension if necessary, and the b mode looks like it smooths the throttle for roundabout surfing as what Larksea said above.

Other bikes looking at:
    Duke 690 - looks like a blast, but possibly not too good for longer trips. Fuel consumption is frugal as a scottish rabbi, might be a good mad max bike for when petrol prices get $$$$
    Stripple - head says yes, but.....
    Z800 - heavy, and a bit zzzz, but sounds like it's ok for real roads

Chur!

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Had a near new GSR offered to me this week. Had a full pipe system and only a couple of thou K's on it.
    Anyone tried to get GSXR horses out of one of these or is a too far away. Like the head valves and cams etc.

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    Had a near new GSR offered to me this week. Had a full pipe system and only a couple of thou K's on it.
    Anyone tried to get GSXR horses out of one of these or is a too far away. Like the head valves and cams etc.
    Be better off taking a GSXR and making it naked ......

Thread Information