Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NZ250, help fixing would be appreciated

Bike
    Suzuki nz 250 1987

NZ250, help fixing would be appreciated

Hi there!!

I have a suzuki NZ250, 1987 It broke, and upon taking the engine apart, one of the valves is shot, and the piston is torn to pieces. Basically I need a new engine head and a piston...

The Vin number is NJ44A-101971 and the engine number is J414-101807.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, or if you pointed me in the right direction for this, it would be great. I think I have just sorted an engine head......... the Piston is the most important thing at the moment I do believe......

Thank you so Much

Sam Entwistle.

Bike
    Massey ferguson 7495 dyna-vt
    NZ250's are pretty cool bikes...So cool in fact I owned one once!! You should be able to get parts through suzuki dealers. ring or email them. They had a number of parts in common with dr250's of the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Given the short comings of my riding style, it doesn't matter what I'm riding till I've got my shit in one sock.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    take it out to 350 like a boss.

i have a sneaky suspicion that pistons off certain small quads will fit...

Bike
    Suzuki nz 250 1987

nz250

Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post

Sorry what's 350?

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    I have boxes of parts you can have. Mine got stolen when we moved house a few years ago.

PM me your address and I'll box them up and we can figure shipping out.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post

Don't give dumb advice....you fruit....If you have nothing decent/respectable opinion to say...don't say it.
    He was asking for advice...not your dumb arse idea...piss off!
    Given the short comings of my riding style, it doesn't matter what I'm riding till I've got my shit in one sock.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    I have boxes of parts you can have. Mine got stolen when we moved house a few years ago.

Your still a legend Jim! Not that you ever weren't !!

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cowpoos View Post
    Don't give dumb advice....you fruit....If you have nothing decent/respectable opinion to say...don't say it.
    He was asking for advice...not your dumb arse idea...piss off!
    you sir, may suck my nuts.
    If you can give me any good reason whatever to back up your mouthing off, ill bow out. Until then, sit and spin.

Bike
    raptor 1000
    we had one years ago and a member on here conquistador was a font of knoledge

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries
    Also a previous owner, had one brand new, a lovely pale sky blue colour (pastels were big in the 80s.)

Remember hitting the throttle stop trying to pass someone on the Hauraki plains in a headwind and falling off it after failing to negotiate the railway lines in Quay St. Always wondered if the 'NZ' was for our benefit.

Hope you get it up and running again.
    Moe: Well, I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I...I can't compete with that stuff.
    - The Simpsons

Bike
    Suzuki nz 250 1987

Nz250

You have a box of NZ250 bits?? Have you got a piston???

Your generosity is greatly appreciated I'm not sure I need a whole box of bits though... What have you got? Cylinder and piston would be great, plus handle ends, and the things that the cam chain sits on..

Hope to hear from you soon

Thank you so much!

Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post

Bike
    Suzuki nz 250 1987

Exclamation Re-Open of thread, knowledge of people who can help fix it :)

Trying to re-open this thread, got all the pieces I need, here's the current situation...

The engine is pulled apart upto the piston. need to replace the cylinder and piston, and the engine head and put it back together....

Problems. Bike was waterlogged in the flood for period of time, up into the engine. Was advised to open it, put diesel through it to rinse it out, as there's also remnants of broken piston inside, and there was water in the oil as well.... lots.

My friend who was going to help me fell through and I feel underqualified. Talking to KG, he was saying, he'd only do the whole thing, or nothing... $600/700.00, by next Friday. He was saying a job like that would require taking the engine apart, to find where the water got it, if there's rust etc.

Considering I want it done asap, absolute max waiting period till next Friday.... and I really DON'T want to spend $600-700.00

Any advice??? Would anyone like a project to help me on for payment??? Has anyone got a space?? My space is maybe not the most suitable, but could do at a pinch for a time. Does anyone know anyone who does a good job who could do better than $6-700??

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Hmmm, the flood waters would have brought sand into the mix also.

It's not a huge job to split the cases and bath everything. And I mean EVERYTHING. Slow and methodical is the answer.

Get a manual, and start stripping it back. Should be able to do it over two days, if you're clued up enough to get the head and barrel off.

Bike
    Suzuki nz 250 1987

bike fixing

Already have a manual, my friend basically took the bike apart, after I got to the engine point.. I merely watched him doing it from actually taking the engine off, to the rest. So I don't actually know too much.

Soak the parts in what?

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow Fox View Post
    Already have a manual, my friend basically took the bike apart, after I got to the engine point.. I merely watched him doing it from actually taking the engine off, to the rest. So I don't actually know too much.

Soak the parts in what?
    Petrol.

But it sounds like you need someone who knows what they're doing. PM Grumph on here.

He's a good bugger, and a very experienced engine builder who does't charge the earth. He's in the Christchurch area.

Thread Information