Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: ACC levies to be slashed - hope this includes bikes

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    Chair, Paula Rebstock says new claims rose 4.7 percent on the previous year, that's 1.8 million new claims.

Unbelievable an increase of 1.8 million claims and thats only an increase of 4.7% on the previous year
    I really cant be bothered working out how many claims that means there were last year??

Surely that cannot be right??

Quote Jan 2020 Posted by Katman

Life would be so much easier if you addressed questions with a simple answer.

Bike
    '09 Bandit 1250s
    Quote Originally Posted by Murray View Post
    Chair, Paula Rebstock says new claims rose 4.7 percent on the previous year, that's 1.8 million new claims.

Unbelievable an increase of 1.8 million claims and thats only an increase of 4.7% on the previous year

I really cant be bothered working out how many claims that means there were last year??

Roughly 40 million claims this year then? Funny, I race motorbikes and ride a road bike (with no car).... Apparently the average amount of acc claims per person is 10/year.... And motorcyclists are so dangerous we should be above average, so I'm about 15 acc claims behind where I should be.

I think that's a miss quoted stat and acc claims have risen by 4.7% to 1.8million claims this year.

In that case people will average an acc claim every 2-3 years.

I'm all for raising the acc levy on pensions, those walking hospital beds must account for half of acc health bill last year with all their falling over and old creaky bones and all.

Ridiculous situation, like smoking, the taxes on smoking are so high they can cover all health costs of all smokers and still bank massive revenue from it. At least the government are more honest about wanting to abolish smoking.

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Quote Originally Posted by Murray View Post

I think it means 1.8mill new claims this year, but they still have millions of claims on the books from other years. Ie, last year new claims were 1.7million.
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Thread Information