Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: California superbike school November Schools limited spots left

Bike
    2017 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory

California superbike school November Schools limited spots left

Quote Originally Posted by marine0089 View Post
    Hey all,

For the organisers or anyone who has attended a day at the CSS, I know the website states this training is for anyone/everyone but I was just wondering if the people that do this are mainly those that actually race bikes or more at those who do the odd track day here and there? Any idea of the ratio generally?

I've done a few track days (which cater for all levels) but also a rider training where I was the only one who actually rode to the event and had a street legal bike Felt slightly out of place without a dedicated race bike, tyre warmers etc etc.

Any insight would be great.

Cheers.
    The UK franchise of CSS have six episodes posted on YouTube that show you first hand what riding drills they teach from level 1 to level 4.

Here's the links to the first couple of episodes:

http://youtu.be/2YIOxOaaVPE

http://youtu.be/RQioNoxK9oM

Bike
    Meads speed 650R, Kawasaki S2a
    Hi there fella,

The school is for everyone and anyone on two wheels - the typical break down of the NZ schools is around a 80/20 split - 80% road bikes 20% track bikes. Im surprised more racers/track day goers DONT try the school as the skills naturally will make a huge difference to them. However as the ratio shows most people who attend our schools are road riders / road bike owners who are after some knowledge and confidence.

Tire warmers are not really required at the school. The training program that's been developed is 100% focussed on learning and guarantees improvement. Best setup to have is a bike with treaded tires - this is what all the coaches have.

Last November my mum attended the school on her Suzuki 650 burgman scooter - loved it.

If you have any questions happy to help - just pm me

Chappy - Australasian CSS coach.

Hey all,

For the organisers or anyone who has attended a day at the CSS, I know the website states this training is for anyone/everyone but I was just wondering if the people that do this are mainly those that actually race bikes or more at those who do the odd track day here and there? Any idea of the ratio generally?

I've done a few track days (which cater for all levels) but also a rider training where I was the only one who actually rode to the event and had a street legal bike Felt slightly out of place without a dedicated race bike, tyre warmers etc etc.

Any insight would be great.

Cheers.
    Chappy

Come see what the fuss is about....................http://www.californiasuperbikeschool.co.nz/

Bike
    the mighty fzr and gsxr
    Quote Originally Posted by neil_cb125t View Post
    Good good - yep registering is the first step. Damian is the main man to talk to for this sort of thing...the total payment is required quite a bit before the actual day. This is because the days fill up so early. Basically those who have paid are locked in. Those who have not paid will be contacted some time before the school to chase up/confirm, we can only hold un paid spots for so long...... every day thus far has had people turning up on the day just incase someone doesn't arrive!!

Damian is the main man for this types of deals his email is damian@blackcrow.co.nz
    $525 per day?.
    that's 2g for the 4 levels.

Would love to do the days though.
    winding up stucky since ages ago

Bike
    2007 CBR600RR
    Hi there fella,

The school is for everyone and anyone on two wheels - the typical break down of the NZ schools is around a 80/20 split - 80% road bikes 20% track bikes. Im surprised more racers/track day goers DONT try the school as the skills naturally will make a huge difference to them. However as the ratio shows most people who attend our schools are road riders / road bike owners who are after some knowledge and confidence.

Tire warmers are not really required at the school. The training program that's been developed is 100% focussed on learning and guarantees improvement. Best setup to have is a bike with treaded tires - this is what all the coaches have.

Last November my mum attended the school on her Suzuki 650 burgman scooter - loved it.

If you have any questions happy to help - just pm me

Chappy - Australasian CSS coach.
    This is exactly the info I was after! Cheers for that neil_cb125t =)

I'm actually booked for levels 1&2 this coming March so was just curious. Will see you then!

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi cowboy View Post
    $525 per day?.

I did it over a couple of years to get into a bit of classic racing, The CSS saved me a lot of learning by mistake, learning off others mistakes, things you would never think of.

You don't even need a fast bike, I used a mix of a Triumph Thruxton, a R90 BMW track bike and when that got a flat tyre a stock std 1976 BMW 900 .

For road use its good as you learn to anticipate the corners, braking techniques, bike dynamics etc. Good mix of track and class time.

I could do with a refresh
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    the mighty fzr and gsxr
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
    I did it over a couple of years to get into a bit of classic racing, The CSS saved me a lot of learning by mistake, learning off others mistakes, things you would never think of.

You don't even need a fast bike, I used a mix of a Triumph Thruxton, a R90 BMW track bike and when that got a flat tyre a stock std 1976 BMW 900 .

For road use its good as you learn to anticipate the corners, braking techniques, bike dynamics etc. Good mix of track and class time.

I could do with a refresh
    Yer the price is ok really but my problem is the dates being so far out from when you have to book and with my work I may not get the time off when it comes to that date so I would lose my money if I couldn't attend.

Bike
    $525 per day?.

Yeah its steep....I know, all coaches have to go through the levels as a student. I raced competitively for 5 years, won 3 classes at club level then did level 1 and by lunch time had learnt more about riding than the 5 years of racing.......

Levels 1-3 contain the instruction phases. Level 4 is 100% catered to the students improvement and is driven by them, they have 2 coaches, one on track and one off track just for them to work on what ever the student wants. Also level 4 students get more track sessions to hone their skills.

The levels in NZ are the cheapest globally, have a quick look online.......in the US the 2 day camps are $2100 US........!!!!

There is a total of 5 NZ based coaches, 4 of us got together to bring it back to NZ - we are technically Aussie based coaches but started the Blackcrow company up to promote an Aussie school day......... in NZ. We run them literally for the love of having it back in nz. We are bringing the school to Ruapuna in April 15 - come along if you can even for only 1 level.

How much does you average crash cost you - we can help you save thousands :-)
    Chappy

Come see what the fuss is about....................http://www.californiasuperbikeschool.co.nz/

Bike
    This is exactly the info I was after! Cheers for that neil_cb125t =)

I'm actually booked for levels 1&2 this coming March so was just curious. Will see you then!
    Awesome man! you will have a blast and you will improve - guaranteed!
    Chappy

Bike
    the mighty fzr and gsxr
    Yeah its steep....I know, all coaches have to go through the levels as a student. I raced competitively for 5 years, won 3 classes at club level then did level 1 and by lunch time had learnt more about riding than the 5 years of racing.......

Levels 1-3 contain the instruction phases. Level 4 is 100% catered to the students improvement and is driven by them, they have 2 coaches, one on track and one off track just for them to work on what ever the student wants. Also level 4 students get more track sessions to hone their skills.

The levels in NZ are the cheapest globally, have a quick look online.......in the US the 2 day camps are $2100 US........!!!!

There is a total of 5 NZ based coaches, 4 of us got together to bring it back to NZ - we are technically Aussie based coaches but started the Blackcrow company up to promote an Aussie school day......... in NZ. We run them literally for the love of having it back in nz. We are bringing the school to Ruapuna in April 15 - come along if you can even for only 1 level.

How much does you average crash cost you - we can help you save thousands :-)
    As I stated in a post after the one you quoted I cant commit to that far out with my job as im likely to be busy and not make it resulting in mucking you guys around and losing my money paid.

The cost is steep but would be value and wasn't implying anything.

Bike
    I hear that fella, im one of the black crow members and I have only made 1 out of the 4 schools so far - stupid work getting in the way of motorbikes!

Enjoy your riding fella - that's what its all about!

As I stated in a post after the one you quoted I cant commit to that far out with my job as im likely to be busy and not make it resulting in mucking you guys around and losing my money paid.

The cost is steep but would be value and wasn't implying anything.
    Chappy

Thread Information