Page 14 of 49 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Jatz's travels

Bike
    F800GS
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Falcon View Post
    Awesome work - a cool ride report with photos, on KB? that is a bit of a treat
    Cheers... I do try
    Some don't like the pic rules here, but I work within them, it doesn't take tooooo long to organize.
    I'm watching your build over on the devils site too. I noticed a glaring omission from the list of mods...

One of these bad boys

Bike
    2002 KTM 640 Adventure

The driver needs striped shirt and hat....

Quote Originally Posted by JATZ View Post
    Cheers... I do try
    Some don't like the pic rules here, but I work within them, it doesn't take tooooo long to organize.
    I'm watching your build over on the devils site too. I noticed a glaring omission from the list of mods...

One of these bad boys

Casey Jones....
    Cannonball Express!

Bike
    uKTM Tiger 800xc
    I noticed a glaring omission from the list of mods...

One of these bad boys
    would be nice for some of those southern river crossings but I'm told they don't come in orange
    ....wherezz that track go

Bike
    F800GS
    Here we go again.....

Sent from my ZTE R83

Bike
    F800GS
    Home for the night.... Pukehinau rd

Sent from my ZTE R83
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1422681050628.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	492.5 KB 
ID:	308516  

Bike
    SWM RS 650R
    Home for the night.... Pukehinau rd

Sent from my ZTE R83

Wherethefuckisthat?
    I mentioned vegetables once, but I think I got away with it...........

Bike
    F800GS
    Just north of the 42nd.
    Sitting here enjoying the solitude with a panatella and a glayva
    Life is good.

Sent from my ZTE R83

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    Just north of the 42nd.
    Life is good.

Sent from my ZTE R83
    Isn't panatella a heavy metal band?

Bike
    F800GS
    Quote Originally Posted by NordieBoy View Post
    Isn't panatella a heavy metal band?
    Almost right

RR to follow in a bit.... I've run out of gigglebites for this month

Bike
    2/'79 XR500s, 04 KLX400, 1953CycleMotor
    RIP Dimebag........

Bike
    Honda VF750f.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzz67 View Post
    RIP Dimebag........

For a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him. Keep an open mind, just dont let your brains fall out.

Bike
    KTM 950ADV,DR750,APRILIA TUONO ,YZ290F
    Blog Entries
    Just north of the 42nd.
    Life is good.

Sent from my ZTE R83
    You certainly get around, was great to catch up and if you think your not in the best light I can delete pic and put one up of my KLR instead
     photo 161_zpsrmukaz81.jpg

Bike
    F800GS
    Quote Originally Posted by 10bikekid View Post
    You certainly get around, was great to catch up and if you think your not in the best light I can delete pic and put one up of my KLR instead
    Pic removed to keep the pic police happy....
    Nah... thats alright Mark. Anything to stop you posting another pic of your KLR although its a fine looking bike. It was good to meet you to, and put a face to the name.

Bike
    F800GS
    Right... My mobile and laptop are talking to each other now so I thought I'd make a start on the RR while I still have mobile data to use this month

Just one more trip away before the apples start rolling in and I'm stuck here for a bit .... and I thought I'd go and see mum to make sure everything was in order.
    George assumed the position, ready for the trip....

I'd planned on getting away at 4 to get the 6:30 ferry but it was closer to 5 by the time we'd got organized and got out the door, so it was a rather "spirited" ride over to Picton in the dawn light. We made it to the ferry and got on board. George doesn't do mornings so he found a quiet, comfy spot to catch up on some beauty sleep

It was a nice morning for a trip on the briny We got to Wellington, got our passports stamped, changed some currency and headed north. A brief stop at forest lakes, I'd never been there before so figured it was worth taking a look, for a quick brew up

This "PipeHenge" intrigued me a little. I must've looked like a weirdo looking all over it from different angles to try figure it out

Pretty soon we were back on the road and making our way northwards again, grabbing some gas in Bulls before heading towards New Plymouth. We got to Turakina and the GPS ( ) said "go right" so I did onto the wrong road. It was supposed to be Turakina rd.... but that's not where we ended up. Never mind, a quick scan of the map (I like old skool) and we were back on the right track, up Turakina vly road. I'd seen this on my last trip north and heard about it on the interwebs so figured it'd be worth a look. It was

Windy seal and gravel road through heartland N.Z. I just went on and on and on and on Good stuff, although at one point I did stop and put the liner in my jacket as it was looking pretty dodgy further inland. It's just as well it's easy to follow as the GPS was turning off at random intervals and generally pissing me off. I was tempted to turn it off permanently with a big rock, but gave it another chance (only because I couldn't find a big rock
    Before long we were back on a main rd up at Tangiwai. Of course we had to stop at the memorial.

Nice river there, although it's recommended you don't swim in it as it's not very nice, something about it being corrosive

After photos and stuff we climbed back on the steed and made for Ohakune. There's a giant carrot there But nothing else really held much interest so we carried on.
    On up to National Park then onto h/way 47. Past this nice wee chasm at Whakapapanui stream

Past the tunoff to the 42nd traverse, which, weather dependent, I'd give a nudge the following day and on to John McDonald rd,

I'd seen a campsite on EddieB's website (http://www.adventureridingnz.co.nz/ ) which looked like it might be alright. It was
    Before to long camp set up

Tea was sorted with the help of some stuff from home, including some bacon I'd wrestled out of the back of the freezer. I like bacon

And a wee dram of something the liquid equivalent of bacon
    It's a bit of a hike to do the dishes, you can see the creek down in the bottom of the gully

Also... It pays to wear MX boots or gumboots down near the bottom. It's a leeedle bit swampy in places. After domestic duties another wee snort and a panatella were in order George got a little bit to happy and we had words.... there was a bit of a scuffle (I won ) and he had to sleep out side.
    Although I woke in the middle of the night with a migraine sized headache and freaking out because the tent was to small. It was also raining After a cup of tea and exploring my options, I chucked the gear in the tent and settled down under the tarp, waking periodically to poke the roof so the water didn't pool above my head and drip.

More to come....
    I'm of to the road cone capital of N.Z. in the a.m. for the weekend, so I'll finish when I get back....

Bike
    91 R80GS
    What is it with fricking furry animals & bikes? Is it not sufficient to have dunlop stickers on your bikes anymore? Ok a lil girls bike with a basket & spokey dokes is allowed one but aren't we all getting a bit old for comfort toys?

Put your big boy undies on FFS!!!
    In life as in dance Grace glides on blistered feet

Thread Information