Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1098s Vs F4 Vs S1000RR

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by ducatilover View Post
    My GN250 did more than the speed limit, so I am now looking at a Yamaha Jog.
    If your into power machines check out my classic ' Pit Bike' . A 1950's Triumph Sport powered by a " Dongo"

[IMG][/IMG]

Possibly the most gutless thing I have ever ridden
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    Looks a bit extreme for me
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    Ha...Thats true but life is full horrible choices sometimes Merv. Then sometimes just plain stuff happens... and then some more stuff happens.....

Alloy, stainless and Ti polishing.
    Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ducatilover View Post
    My GN250 did more than the speed limit, so I am now looking at a Yamaha Jog.
    YOU CAN"T HANDLE THE JOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yell it in your best Jack Nicholson

Bike
    Ducati 999s

BMW s1k

Hi, thanks for the information guys. Will have a good re-read later. I know of a s1k for sale that was written off by insurance due to being in a basement fresh water flood. Turners sold it and now the guy is selling it on. It has done 7000ks since and had latest check up from BMW dealer and seems to be fine... Thoughts? I'm really unsure what to do here...

A gamble?

Bike
    Something red and quick
    It is a gamble. If you can afford the worst case scenario, you may end up getting a good deal.
    Intermitent electronics issue may happen, which can be solved by replacing ecu, wiring loom, etc, which may cost a lot
    Last edited by Marmoot; 2nd July 2014 at 22:33. Reason: Clarify what I meant
    Elite Fight Club - Proudly promoting common sense and safe riding since 2024
    http://1199s.wordpress.com

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marmoot View Post
    It is a gamble. If you can afford the worst case scenario, you may end up getting a good deal.
    Intermitent electronics issue may happen, which can be solved by replacing ecu and wiring loom.
    There's a heap more electronics than that in the BMW, and all have lots of zeros in the price. Corrosion and suchlike makes the bike a real unknown long term.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    Something red and quick
    Yup, thanks. It can vary from costing nothing (you're lucky) to costing a lot, that's what I meant. I've edited my post to clarify.
    Just didn't want to list all the components here.
    Elite Fight Club - Proudly promoting common sense and safe riding since 2024
    http://1199s.wordpress.com

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by smithmZXR View Post
    water flood

avoid.

especially if it's not your fifth bike in garage and you're looking for something to run down a mountain...

Bike
    2017 Husqvarana FS701
    S1000rr is one hell of a bike. My vote goes to that or 1199.
    Nail your colours to the mast that all may look upon them and know who you are.
    It takes a big man to cry...and an even bigger man to laugh at that man.

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    S1000rr is one hell of a bike. My vote goes to that or 1199.
    I was surprised just this morning chatting with a mate that works for a BMW dealer (we'll just say top half of Australia somewhere).
    Recalls and problems has reduced his opinion of the product. Even the s1000r isn't without problems,from big end bolts to switch blocks which apparently cost 400 bucks ! I bike has has had 6 sets !!!
    Don't know what I'd pick out of the 3 , maybe the BM before this .
    I find it hard to find anything that much better than my old K6 Suz.

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    2009 Ducati 1198S
    I could possibly let you buy my 1198S (the pillion seat clicks in as required and has never been used)
    The 1198 has a ton of low end grunt as opposed the 1199's grunt coming higher in the rev range.
    Wouldn't call it that economical on fuel but the smiles per miles is currently averaging 400 smiles per km, which is pretty good. Oh and it's fucking sexy, to quote Willy from the Simpsons
    "If it weren't against gods law I'd make it me wife"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	496.1 KB 
ID:	298867  

Bike
    S1000RR
    Anyone owns a S1000RR here? What's it like from owner's perspective?

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    Its yellow. Sometimes a green one
    Blog Entries

My choice would be...

Firstly, i have been lucky enough to ride all the bikes on your list for an extended period of time (about 1000km on each).
    Each bike has its own quirks.

Firstly the MV, the suspension is a bit harsh but you can adjust it enough to make it ok to live with. The fuel injection is super sensative and a gental hand at low speed is required. But its exciting and fun.

The Ducati 1098, if you buy a USA early model you will need to replace the conrod bolts, they break and destroy the cases. Jap imports and NZ new dont (seem to) have this problem. They also steer a bit funny at high lean angles. A change of triple clamps reduces this effect. They sound fantastic, go great and look horn

The BMW, who would have thought the Germans could build a bike that is as good as this? Early S1000RR also benifited from a triple clamp change. Some have suffered from switch block failure but apparently they have all had that resolved. . They go hard and the engine management system is 2nd to none.

With all that said i would choose the MV. I loved the motor (im an inline 4 guy) and the styling was exactly to my tastes. However any of them would make a fantastic bike. Ride them all for as long as you can before you decide, after all they are all fantastic and it will come down to which one suits your personality the best.

Happy test riding

Thread Information