Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AMPS has moved

Bike
    > 1 < 10
    Quote Originally Posted by swarfie View Post
    Weren't Universals in Rosebank Rd at one stage? Corner of Honan Pl and Rosebank Rd I seem to remember or was that some other dodgy Harley outfit?
    no that was Auckland M/Cs John and Caz? Gurney.......they moved there from Ponsonby Rd
    ***** POLITICIANS *****
    People Of Little Integrity Thieving Innocent Citizens Incomes And Need Shooting

*******KASPA*******
    Knavery Artificial Spurious Pretentious Arseholes

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by Motu View Post
    Lived and worked there for 20 years...but moved out 35 years ago, our old house in Mt Wellington would be worth a million bucks by now. Was not a cool place then, and not a cool place now. When Ray started back in the early 70's I was definitely his target market, most certainly not now. Now those Baby Boomers from bad suburbs have grown fat and sleek, and they have money to waste, and the need to show how they can waste it. I spent the 70's wasted, and haven't got the cash flow back since.
    http://www.amps.co.nz/#&panel1-1

Sure they are, you can check out their Facebook site, Tweet them, and hashtag them too...but not in a foil.
    And be sure to check out the Youtube clip on how to polish you bike.
    Can you get your hair and nails done there too?

What the fuck happened to bike shops.
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    A Red German one.
    I think it was more to do with the Non Earthquake proofness of the building, and the cost of insuring the stock contained within those walls. If everything you are told is correct.

"No matter what bike you ride. It's all the same wind in your face"

Quote Originally Posted by Bikemad View Post
    no that was Auckland M/Cs John and Caz? Gurney.......they moved there from Ponsonby Rd
    John and Caroline Gurney, had to leave Ponsonby when it became trendy. This is what John does now.

http://www.stelvio.co.nz/stelvio-team.html

Still rides his 1949 Vincent apparently. The ''real'' boss is my ex sister in law.
    In and out of jobs, running free
    Waging war with society

Bike
    triumph scrambler
    Ray was doing it pretty tough during the GFC, I suspect there is more bang for your buck with a Mt Wgtn premises as opposed to Khyber pass. The Harley buyer will follow.
    Always liked Ray, never did me wrong , can't say the same for the other bloke in Avondale.

Ray and John were very much into British bikes, there for the bike and rider., never had a problem with either. Auckland Motorcycles went under with the '87 crash, Ducati riders were trying to save their portfolios, not a motorcycle shop.
    Waging war with society

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Ray and John were very much into British bikes, there for the bike and rider., never had a problem with either. Auckland Motorcycles went under with the '87 crash, Ducati riders were trying to save their portfolios, not a motorcycle shop.
    I used to look in to the window of Auckland Motorcycles after a night out on the town...probably about 10:15 PM,
    I used to drool over the new Ducati Mille 1000 in the window ( 17k I think it was) and to a lesser degree the $6000 Darmah. My 4 year old Z1000J at the time cost $4k.
    Went to Aussie in 86 Frazers had about 4 Darmahs in better condition for under 4 K AU.
    Got mine for $2700.
    I only ever pay cash for bikes so the stock market crash passed my by...that was until it caught up with me in the UK in 1990...Sparkie to brickies labourer.
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    triumph scrambler
    Back in the day I was on the committee of Bronz, we tried to organise a flash evening with speakers like Rodger Freeth & Phil Irving, We had poor sales , probably not surprising & wondered why there were no Vincent guys coming. Gurney had gone through the back door & set up all sorts of shit with Phil, piggybacking on our fronting up for all the travel expenses . Everyone got most huffy when confronted about their behind the scenes dealing , the event was cancelled.
    Gurney & his mates had to front with their own money for Phils travel , which they did, freeloading arseholes.

Bike
    Ducati M696
    I went on a bit of a road trip to look for some new gear a few weeks ago and got a shock to see AMPs closed in newmarket. checked google on smartphone only to find it had moved to Mt Welly just a spit from my work.

Called in later in the day the place was full of Harley Dudes, felt a bit out-numbered parking my Ducati

nice place but a bit disappointed as it was literally all Harley stuff. When I was in AMPS less than 2 years ago and got my helmet they had a lot of non Harley stuff, cool non-Harley gear and Triumph stuff & bikes.

Naaa not anymore, it was all exclusively Harley stuff.

so I left, couple guys intercepted me as I left wanted to check out my bike, I think I talked one into taking a Ducati for a test ride...

Quote Originally Posted by trustme View Post
    Back in the day I was on the committee of Bronz,
    Sounds like Bronz, maybe someone got sick of all the talk at committee meetings and decided to do something.
    Waging war with society

Bike
    triumph scrambler
    At that stage Bronz was very much the baby of Lee Hurley, love him or hate him & a few did , he was the driving force & he made things happen. We started off blood runs , toy runs , remember posting tyres to parliament, & a fair bit of other stuff, granted not all of it successful. It was not just a snivel fest.

Bike
    All of them
    Quote Originally Posted by trustme View Post
    It was not just a snivel fest.
    It never was. Finn did a great job too. What it was - was constantly undermined by people who thought they could do a better job. And couldn't.

Bike
    triumph scrambler
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    It never was. Finn did a great job too. What it was - was constantly undermined by people who thought they could do a better job. And couldn't.
    +++ 1000 Oh so true

And apathy from people like me who only wanted things done, but when turning up to a meeting just saw people spouting words, and others spouting more words arguing. They got very little support from me.
    Waging war with society

Bike
    All of them
    And apathy from people like me who only wanted things done, but when turning up to a meeting just saw people spouting words, and others spouting more words arguing. They got very little support from me.
    Typical wrench. Patient as a kettle.

Thread Information