Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MC22 flat spot

Take the carbs apart and clean them would be the 1st step.

also check air filter, fuel filter (its above the fuel tap - remove any inline filters - they are not stock) and spark plugs

Then balance the carbs (also check valve clearance before balance, but mc22's tend not to need adjustment, but check to rule it out)
    Then I could get a Kb Tshirt, move to Timaru and become a full time crossdressing faggot

Then I could get a Kb Tshirt, move to Timaru and become a full time crossdressing faggot

Bike
    2006 Honda Hornet
    Quote Originally Posted by The Pastor View Post
    Take the carbs apart and clean them would be the 1st step.

also check air filter, fuel filter (its above the fuel tap - remove any inline filters - they are not stock) and spark plugs

Then balance the carbs (also check valve clearance before balance, but mc22's tend not to need adjustment, but check to rule it out)
    Yeah, these are good things to check. If your carbs have never been off before, just be careful with the rubber boots and seals on the intake and air box. They tend to crack easily. While you have the carbs off, check throttle cables for rust too, mine were almost rusted through. Cleaning the carbs is an easy job. Don't take the diaphragms out until you've inspected the bowls, as if the bowls aren't varnished and ming, it's probably not worth the risk of damaging the diaphragms as they're quite fragile. You can check to see if the diaphragms are working by simply hearing the suction when you push on the slide. Use an air compressor to clean the jets too.

That's all I got. Warning, I know bugger all too.

Bike
    2014 Uuki gw250 with yoshi exhaust :)
    Quote Originally Posted by speeding_ant View Post
    Yeah, these are good things to check. If your carbs have never been off before, just be careful with the rubber boots and seals on the intake and air box. They tend to crack easily. While you have the carbs off, check throttle cables for rust too, mine were almost rusted through. Cleaning the carbs is an easy job. Don't take the diaphragms out until you've inspected the bowls, as if the bowls aren't varnished and ming, it's probably not worth the risk of damaging the diaphragms as they're quite fragile. You can check to see if the diaphragms are working by simply hearing the suction when you push on the slide. Use an air compressor to clean the jets too.

That's all I got. Warning, I know bugger all too.

I had all sorts of problems with my mc17, look on ebay and get some new carburetor boots and replace those first, they were the single best thing i had ever done for that bike, never had a problem after that

Bike
    vfr400 NC30, SRX600 project
    that exhaust doesn't look stock to me. which would explain something - maybe needs jetting looked at, esp given the rev range you are having problems in - that high up should be main jets I would have thought, that and/or air filter system or fueling.

Thread Information