Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is this bike worth keeping?

Bike
    GSX1300R
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    Well yes, that was my first thought.
    Time is money and he foresaw a lot of time, and no money.

Bike
    '08 Wee
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    Not sure why Hyos seem so popular amongst newer riders - there are so many decent makes available for similar prices. I would get rid of it quick smart - prob trade it on a decent bike and take the loss as a life lesson. Not worth continuously chasing one prob after another.
    You seem to be able to get a pretty recent 2nd hand bike for not much cash. I am sure there are bikes out there in a similar price range (2k-3k) which haven't been ridden to hell and aren't as old as the dinosaurs but they seem hard to come by. The Hyosungs seem to be good value, if you get a decent one.

Bike
    2014 Ducati Diavel
    Quote Originally Posted by rambaldi View Post
    You seem to be able to get a pretty recent 2nd hand bike for not much cash. I am sure there are bikes out there in a similar price range (2k-3k) which haven't been ridden to hell and aren't as old as the dinosaurs but they seem hard to come by. The Hyosungs seem to be good value, if you get a decent one.
    Except... they are Hyosungs. You get what you pay for at the end of the day. I would rather buy a good second hand Suzuki / Honda / Yammy than a brand new Hyo. Maybe Im a brand snob...
    www.albeephoto.blogspot.com

DuuuuuCaaaaaaTiiiiiiiiiiii

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Except... they are Hyosungs. You get what you pay for at the end of the day. I would rather buy a good second hand Suzuki / Honda / Yammy than a brand new Hyo. Maybe Im a brand snob...
    Well if you buy parts out the Hysoung place in aussie, parts are very cheap. I need a few bits for ours so will be doing so. Once going I may even give it thrashing round Hampton Downs.

Bike
    GSX1300R
    Honda / Suzuki works for me.

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    Get a new auto electrician. Anyone who tests a system that fucking simple and can't figure it out, is a spoon.
    Hyobag stators and reg/recs are common enough and not very expensive, so replace them and ride it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    Ha...Thats true but life is full horrible choices sometimes Merv. Then sometimes just plain stuff happens... and then some more stuff happens.....

Alloy, stainless and Ti polishing.
    Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheepLogic View Post
    Time is money and he foresaw a lot of time, and no money.
    A lot of time? Takes less than five minutes to check a stator.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    Ha...Thats true but life is full horrible choices sometimes Merv. Then sometimes just plain stuff happens... and then some more stuff happens.....

Alloy, stainless and Ti polishing.
    Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    FZR,Jog,GZ maybe CBR?
    This is the stuff you expect from a 30 year old bike which has sat for half the time, not a 4 year old one.
    Replace the stator - join a forum, I'll bet there will be a thread on stator replacement.

If its not running its useless to you and not worth a thing. Hyo lack in quality control; for every good story you hear a bad one or two.
    Once fixed ride it and really ask yourself seriously do I want to keep going with this?

Go test ride an Intruder VL250 or Marauder GZ250 or something like that. Pretty sure after that you'll come to a decision. If its not a project bike and if you don't love it you know the answer.
    Skulls N Flames. Bye bye FZR may you have many more miles with your new owner. 600cc time soon!

Bike
    KTM 350 SX-F
    Quote Originally Posted by ducatilover View Post
    Hyobag stators and reg/recs are common enough and not very expensive, so replace them and ride it.
    Yeah was goiong to say that as well, even I know about this common issue with HoBags and I don't ride on the road.

Thread Information