Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTB 1990 Honda Bros 650

Bike
    Buell Firebolt XB12R

WTB 1990 Honda Bros 650

I want to buy a tidy Honda Bros 650.

I have cash ready to go, will spend up to $3000 (maybe more if the bike is a particularly good example)

Less than 40,000 kilometres

1989 or 1990, even 1991 is preferable

Either NT650 or RC31

No crash damage

As factory original as possible

There was a good example for sale on TardMe a few weeks back for sale in Rotorua, a blue one owned by user Maidennz1

I will travel as far as Wellington to collect, preferably closer as I would like to view before purchasing

Contact number is 021 295 2584

Cheers,

Richard

Bike
    A big Wheel, and a sponge bob scooter :P

Either NT650 or RC31

No crash damage

...$3000

Name:  28864_118415651523386_6530992_n.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  5.0 KB
    Maaate ya dreamin!

Sorry to say it....but all the very best in finding one as mentioned, there a bloody GREAT! bike (And you find one, in that nick, for that price...woW!)

When Life thows me a curve
    ...I lean into it!

Bike
    Buell Firebolt XB12R
    Quote Originally Posted by willytheekid View Post

Either NT650 or RC31

No crash damage

...$3000

Maaate ya dreamin!

Sorry to say it....but all the very best in finding one as mentioned, there a bloody GREAT! bike (And you find one, in that nick, for that price...woW!)
    Really? This advertisement that I missed out on, on TradeMe, says otherwise:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...ntryNZ&ct=clnk

This one has been up twice for $3000 and i have seen many similar bros650s listed. Hopefully someone will throw one on again soon, or post a relevant and informative reply.

Right-o.
    Last edited by Gremlin; 6th October 2013 at 22:23. Reason: Quoted Embedded Media Removed

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    I'm with willythekid on this one. Mine was 3k about 4 years ago for 80thousand km, reckon they have stopped devaluing if the owner knows what they have.

The guy in HB has one for sale now, not sure if same bike as its not low km.

Still, you have good taste!
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    A big Wheel, and a sponge bob scooter :P
    Quote Originally Posted by munted View Post

This one has been up twice for $3000 and i have seen many similar bros650s listed. Hopefully someone will throw one on again soon, or post a relevant and informative reply.

Right-o.
    Wasn't trying to piss on your weetbix Richard, it was a relevant & informative post. (Or will you be having a crack at fellow KBer bogan for pointing out the ACTUAL market value of these bikes?)

But I will certainly keep my eyes peeled for a good one and let you know (As I actually like to help my fellow KBers)....but if your dreaming in regards to market value etc...I WILL point it out sorry...its kinda what these forums are for.

And the one you referred to...hasn't sold yet....call him if your interested (0272559721 - But theres no mention of K's, its Recently been repainted, and its modified...so it doesn't really even come CLOSE to the description of what your seeking...does it?)

...this one does! (But its a tad over priced)- http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/moto...-367230189.htm

Once again, great choice in bike Richard, and I really DO hope you find one in that nick and for that price

All the best in your search mate...awesome rides those

When Life thows me a curve
    ...I lean into it!

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    That Red Baron one has been on for ages... Reckon 5k would be a fair price for it, 6 is a bit much imo. It is the best stocker I've seen for sale in NZ though, and if I was a rich dick I'd probably pay that money for it.

If you get a cheaper modified one with a good engine, getting it back to stock shouldn't be too difficult, I've got a few stock parts left over, and know where to get a few more...

Mine is somewhat not-stock now you see...

"A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by bogan View Post

haha man that headlight cover is awesome! BSG yeah? Does it fold up automatically or do you have to pull the middle out manually?

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazz View Post
    haha man that headlight cover is awesome! BSG yeah? Does it fold up automatically or do you have to pull the middle out manually?
    Nice work, you're one of only a few who correctly gets the reference. It was supposed to be all automatic, but the gearhead motors I designed it around can't put out the torque they need to (they strip teeth rather than just stalling) so it's just manual.

Bike
    2011 BMW F650GS

Save some more money and

buy a 1999 - 2004 NT650 D'eauville instead! Same engine, frame and wheels. Just much newer!

Half fairing and saddlebags thrown in! And not a lot more than what you are proposing to spend.

Having had a Revere for many years the owners of these bikes tend to keep them forever so second hand ones are not super common. Engines are good for well past 100,000km - my Revere did 234,000km before I sold it and one of my D'eauville's has just past 100,000km.

Bike
    1999 Honda Hornet CB600FX
    That Red Baron one has been on for ages... Reckon 5k would be a fair price for it, 6 is a bit much imo. It is the best stocker I've seen for sale in NZ though, and if I was a rich dick I'd probably pay that money for it.

If you get a cheaper modified one with a good engine, getting it back to stock shouldn't be too difficult, I've got a few stock parts left over, and know where to get a few more...

Cool looking bike. Love that headlight cover, too. It is very BGS. Brilliant. : Do you ride in daylight with it closed? I suppose it doesn't give enough light when it's dark?
    ---------------------------
    Disclaimer: Any lapses in spelling, tact, or fact are transmission errors.
    ---------------------------

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkW View Post
    buy a 1999 - 2004 NT650 D'eauville instead! Same engine, frame and wheels. Just much newer!

Half fairing and saddlebags thrown in! And not a lot more than what you are proposing to spend.

Having had a Revere for many years the owners of these bikes tend to keep them forever so second hand ones are not super common. Engines are good for well past 100,000km - my Revere did 234,000km before I sold it and one of my D'eauville's has just past 100,000km.
    While the engine is the same (and it is the weakest point on the bros, well, after the suspension but that is easily fixed), the Deauville has a completely different frame, swingarm and wheels, and looks nothing like the bros. Cult classic vs meh, no wonder the older stuff is selling for more.

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Quote Originally Posted by Grashopper View Post
    Cool looking bike. Love that headlight cover, too. It is very BGS. Brilliant. : Do you ride in daylight with it closed? I suppose it doesn't give enough light when it's dark?
    At the moment I'm not keen to draw any additional attention when I do manage to get out for a ride (compliance is somewhat lacking), so have the cover open and headlight on dim. LEDs are running lamps only, the HID headlamp is a beast though.

Bike
    Nice work, you're one of only a few who correctly gets the reference. It was supposed to be all automatic, but the gearhead motors I designed it around can't put out the torque they need to (they strip teeth rather than just stalling) so it's just manual.
    Yeah more people need to watch it. One of the best shows made.

It is still fecking awesome man, auto or not. Nice work! Did a bit of stalking through your pictures and saw the rear light as well. Epic! Hope you've got a helmet that fits the theme too.

Bike
    Honda Bros 650 (Pre 89)
    Quote Originally Posted by munted View Post

Right-o.
    Hey this is my bike if you guys are still interested. My ex used to maintain it for me, but since I don't know anything about bikes I have parked it up. I am willing to drop the price, as I just want it sold.

Bike
    Suzuki
    Do you still have the bike for sale?

Thread Information