Thread: Long time between drinks (Pop)

Bike
    nothing yet.......

Long time between drinks (Pop)

Hi guys, I'm a new member to Kiwi biker and just wanted to say howdy and introduce myself.
    I'm a dairy farmer from Kerikeri, Me and my old share milker used to get on the turps and the conversation would inevitably turn to bikes and one day he offered me a 5000 dollar bonus specifically for a bike. I had my heart set on a Triumph Thunderbird but I just don't have enough cash for one and have set my heart on a 93 Honda CB1000 big one from Taumarunui on trade me. I was wondering if anyone here knows this particular bike (Unlikely I know) or even if anyone has experience with this particular model?
    I researched it and it seems to be a good bike overall though a lack in power is the most common complaint, This doesn't worry me too much as I want it for me and the Missus to tour around on, riding flat out is long past me.
    Cheers all, any info would be great.

Bike
    Custom Ag100
    G'day,

Can you post a link to the bike, you'll possibly be surprised with what some KB members know or can make up
    "Sorry Officer, umm.... my yellow power band got stuck wide open"

Bike
    nothing yet.......

Smile

Not a problem Man, Cheers.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/a.asp?id=754726611

Bike
    http://motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/H...big_1%2093.htm

At $3k I reckon it's a fair deal providing there aren't any unmentioned recon costs.

Great two up, plenty of torque. Power is largely irrelevant if you plan on touring it.
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    Don't argue with the pigs, man. They'll tap your phones and steal your weed and make your old lady do things she won't do for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher View Post
    Sexually transmitted diseases are one thing, sexually affected carnage is something else entirely. Ladies, if his cock's that small that he's prepared to put you at risk for a root, look elsewhere. Seriously.

Bike
    Custom Ag100
    Quote Originally Posted by blackdog View Post
    http://motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/H...big_1%2093.htm

At $3k I reckon it's a fair deal providing there aren't any unmentioned recon costs.

Great two up, plenty of torque. Power is largely irrelevant if you plan on touring it.
    Agree and get it well checked out by a local shop.
    "Sorry Officer, umm.... my yellow power band got stuck wide open"

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
    Agree and get it well checked out by a local shop.
    If you were spending $4k, forget the CB and check this first I reckon.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/moto...-738110081.htm
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    Don't argue with the pigs, man. They'll tap your phones and steal your weed and make your old lady do things she won't do for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher View Post
    Sexually transmitted diseases are one thing, sexually affected carnage is something else entirely. Ladies, if his cock's that small that he's prepared to put you at risk for a root, look elsewhere. Seriously.

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    4 K for a 93 run of the mill 1000cc'er is too dear these days. The Suzi is a far better option.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    nothing yet.......
    Hi guys, The 'Big one' fell through anyway, apparently the water pump crapped out and they took it off the market. I then found a mint as Sprint in my price range but it had sold about 2hrs before I rang. (bugger)
    Yeah the GSX looks pretty cool, but I'm over Suzukis, they're pretty much all I've ever owned, I want something new. Trumphys are what really spin the old wheels..

Bike
    Triumph Tiger 800XC
    Blog Entries
    Good choice, have a triple myself although at 4k you may be pushing your luck
    Ride Safe . . . . SixftFive

Thread Information