Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: A safety framework for discussing motorcycle safety

Bike
    KTM 1290 SDGT
    I see they have added a bit of paint to a couple of corners on the Kopu-Hikuai's, unfortuanately they have cocked it up and actually made the corners more dangerous.They have added closely spaced dash lines on the inside of the centre and side markings of the road
    to give the visual effect of a narrower road to make people slow down , but they have done it through the corner instead of
    before the corner, so have created a distraction to the driver/riders they are trying to protect plus adding more paint
    where we dont want it, on a corner.
    Political Correctness, the chief weapon of whiney arse bastards

Bike
    2014 Moto Guzzi California
    Quote Originally Posted by buggerit View Post
    I see they have added a bit of paint to a couple of corners on the Kopu-Hikuai's, unfortuanately they have cocked it up and actually made the corners more dangerous.They have added closely spaced dash lines on the inside of the centre and side markings of the road
    to give the visual effect of a narrower road to make people slow down , but they have done it through the corner instead of
    before the corner, so have created a distraction to the driver/riders they are trying to protect plus adding more paint
    where we dont want it, on a corner.
    I haven't got up to those parts for a while so haven't seen the outcome. Sounds very disappointing from your description. The whole purpose of looking at those markings was to make it more friendly for motorcyclists, not less friendly.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Old enough to know better
    (but doing it anyway!)

Thread Information