Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AA's Mike Noon does not represent me! neither as a motorist or a motorcyclist!

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!

AA's Mike Noon does not represent me! neither as a motorist or a motorcyclist!

I'm revoking my AA membership as of now. Just watched the pompous prick tell Campbell Live that point to point cameras are a good idea and should be implemented here in NZ.
    An instant ticket as you pass point B because you left point A at whatever time and arrived at point B in less time than the speed limit would allow.TICKET.
    It's coming, so get over it, but while it ain't here I am happier than if it was and I am completely unhappy with the AA advocating such things.
    OK, they/it also advocated for 110kph on stretches of road that meet requirements.
    This of course will never happen.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    The AA are an Insurance company with a magazine and some contractors who won't attend calls for bikes ever or cars outside of any metropolitan area.

They're just another disapproving crowd of wankers who don't actually enjoy riding or driving, just making money from people who have to.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by caseye View Post
    An instant ticket as you pass point B because you left point A at whatever time and arrived at point B in less time than the speed limit would allow.TICKET.
    Worse. You can pass 2 cameras well outside the time a legal speed would allow and STILL get a ticket because it's "unlikely" that you didn't speed.

We already have some rules that make you guilty until proven innocent, I have no intention of ever complying with any such, nor finding myself disadvantaged by their application.

Fuckem.

And that AA horse they rode in on.
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Pretty fucken hard to average higher than the limit on most road riding. One gas stop and you go from a fucking optimistic 120kph average, to less than 100. Get better than 120 and ya need to stop more often.

We worked out once, that 140 on the straights is about tops to sit at without using too much gas. And even being a fast rider, 540km still took 6h15m. No pissing about stops, and the rider in question is fucken handy and intent on getting there asap.

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    One gas stop and you go from a fucking optimistic 120kph average, to less than 100. Get better than 120 and ya need to stop more often.
    1600km ride, trying to sit on 120kmh as much as possible ended up with an average 82kmh

It's actually harder than most people think to average 100kmh
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    1600km ride, trying to sit on 120kmh as much as possible ended up with an average 82kmh

God, I'm happy to average 65. Feels like a nice trip instead of hard work.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    Exxon Valdez

I won't go into detail, but a gixxer thou with no plate can go 300k's in 2h30m. Fuel light on before the one quick gas stop, and again at the destination. Best the rider has ever managed, and very hard work.

I can't think of a normal trip that gets anywhere near 100kph average.

Bike
    despite my disgusted view on speed enforcement, i have to say that PTP cameras are actually a good idea.
    in italy we have it on about the 40% of highways and work fine.
    i'd like it best if it would be effective on lack of safety distance, which i think it's the worst prob while traveling on highways.
    in your situation i think it would be fine as well, even if it seems to me that your speed limit is way too... "conservative". 130kmh with 5% tolerance it's a good solution. i don't know what is your highways infrastructural level though...

Pretty fucken hard to average higher than the limit on most road riding. One gas stop and you go from a fucking optimistic 120kph average, to less than 100. Get better than 120 and ya need to stop more often.
    when they unveiled the system i though "why the heck did they need all this costly stuff??"
    we have toll p highways: you get a ticket when you enter (with time and position) and reaching the exit you'll pay for the distance. it would be much simpler to adjust the payment directly with the speed fine if the average result higher than normal.
    i imagine that the reason could be the one you described. i travel fast, stop for gas or a coffe, back legal.

so they have dedicated portals few kms apart with no service station inbetween...

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    I don't speed on motorways and the like, but open road if conditions are right the needle creeps up. Essentially I'm not likely to get stung by this sort of thing.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar

Thats's obviously including a few fuel/ciggie stop and the associated flaffing about as even line haul trucks can average 81 and exceed it if speeding.
    Hastings to Auckland is bang on 5 and half hours at 430ish km travelled if no stops made, running at 44 ton 600hp and nothing over 94kph cruise control.
    81 kph avg is the magic number that trucking urban legend tales say is the fastest you can go before the CVIU ping you. Avg drops to 65ish point to point over same jouney if have to refuel or do couple quick deliveries.
    I expect if cars/bikes were subject to such a system an arbitrary figure old be settled on.

The British ones were spaced five miles apart on the m4 motorway in Wales when first introduced.
    Yes sounds hard to exceed but rolling on for a few swift overtakes and you'd quickly find yourself flagged in the higher speed group, throw in some temporary roadworks and...

These cams are coming well before the AA opened their mouth to give the govt a BJ. All those fancy new electronic signs on motorway and around nz are just waiting for the cams to be plugged in, software uploaded and all go.

I won't go into detail, but a gixxer thou with no plate can go 300k's in 2h30m. Fuel light on before the one quick gas stop, and again at the destination. Best the rider has ever managed, and very hard work.

I can't think of a normal trip that gets anywhere near 100kph average.
    Stuck in 2nd gear was it....
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    mutton dressed up as lamb and a 73 XL250
    I don't speed on motorways and the like, but open road if conditions are right the needle creeps up. Essentially I'm not likely to get stung by this sort of thing.
    Dont have any motorways to speed on down here,would avoid em we did anyway i guess,best ridings over on the coast (West) annoyingly the quickest way to get there is turn off at Winchester and head North along the endless straights though for years ive dealt with them sitting on 160ish with never a problem.Fuck the AA though may possibly join when i am so old i cant be fucked changing a flat tyre.
    Be the person your dog thinks you are...

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    Thats's obviously including a few fuel/ciggie stop and the associated flaffing about as even line haul trucks can average 81 and exceed it if speeding.
    Hastings to Auckland is bang on 5 and half hours at 430ish km travelled if no stops made, running at 44 ton 600hp and nothing over 94kph cruise control.
    81 kph avg is the magic number that trucking urban legend tales say is the fastest you can go before the CVIU ping you. Avg drops to 65ish point to point over same jouney if have to refuel or do couple quick deliveries.
    I expect if cars/bikes were subject to such a system an arbitrary figure old be settled on.

The British ones were spaced five miles apart on the m4 motorway in Wales when first introduced.
    Yes sounds hard to exceed but rolling on for a few swift overtakes and you'd quickly find yourself flagged in the higher speed group, throw in some temporary roadworks and...

These cams are coming well before the AA opened their mouth to give the govt a BJ. All those fancy new electronic signs on motorway and around nz are just waiting for the cams to be plugged in, software uploaded and all go.

Stuck in 2nd gear was it....
    most cars and trucks can go hundreds of kilometres on a tank,most bikes will do about 200 prolly 300 max.1 fuel stop and your average is toast

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    most cars and trucks can go hundreds of kilometres on a tank,most bikes will do about 200 prolly 300 max.1 fuel stop and your average is toast
    Can one stop it to Aukland from Wellington on the RF. Not if I wanna have any fun though.

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Point to point will be on a long revenue earning straight about 5 km long and likely have a passing lane or 2 in it.
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    2000 kawasaki zzr1100, 88 1500 goldwing

We worked out once, that 140 on the straights is about tops to sit at without using too much gas. And even being a fast rider, 540km still took 6h15m. No pissing about stops, and the rider in question is fucken handy and intent on getting there asap.
    huh, 470 kms, left at 2.30am, arrived at destination bang on 7.00am, including fuel stops and smoke breaks, do able. (couple o year ago)
    role off ferry at picton at 12.00am arrive morven south canterbury 4.00 am. including fuel stop do able. (quite few year ago)

but dead right, not sitting on 100km/hr or anything close to it. driving in car at 100km/hr with very few stops can only average 75km/hr over total trip from bottom of south to top of south

Thread Information