Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New PR4s?

Bike
    The pirate bike. Arr-arr!
    Ive been running T30's on the CBR600 for the last 14000kms. The rear is down to the indicators in the center. Mind you there has been some 'outstanding' speeds done on it which probably encouraged the wear in the center. the front in down to the indicators on the sides. I'm pretty religious about keeping the pressures correct at the factory recomendations (36f, 42r)
    I found found them to be good. -confidence inspiring. No complaints except for wet tar bleed. I had a few twitch's when hitting that stuff. Are all tyres like that tho?

Ive been considering PR4's but I'm thinking of trying out the pirelli angel gt's next. Best price ive got is $550 fitted at Rowes avondale. Any comments on the latest angels?

Bike
    None any more
    I have yet to meet a tyre that wasn't agitated when meeting hot tar patches, particularly in corners.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    CB1300

New PR4s?

Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher View Post
    I have yet to meet a tyre that wasn't agitated when meeting hot tar patches, particularly in corners.
    Battlax BT 20s.
    At least they rocked in 2000-04 on the gsx1100f. Tar never upset those puppies.

On the other hand the sides wore out 30% faster than the middle. Kept ending up triangular. Plenty of life in the middle Down past the indicators on the sides.

There was a tread change somewhere between the first and second set I had on the Hayabusa. About 05? From then on it was like trying to ride around on ice when you hit tar bleed.

Stupid phone / Tapatalk, apologies in advance.

Bike
    CB1300

Thread Information