Thread: Distinguished Gentleman's Ride

Bike
    1980 Kawasaki Kz200

Distinguished Gentleman's Ride

Heya friends, I'm supporting a cause that's mission is to eradicate prostate cancer. It's also being done in a real fun way, suiting up like Don Draper and riding your motorcycle like Steve McQueen. Donate with 100% of the doh going to specific prostate cancer foundations.

Be a sport and sponsor me here http://www.gentlemansride.com/rider/nicolasgibson

Click on the link and then tabs to get more info inside yo.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    It would be good to include some health info for people here.
    Eg lot of prostate gland issues (which may lead to cancer later) are circulation related, get some exercise lads...
    Btw cyclists are vulnerable due to the amount of time spent riding with circulation restricted to prostate.
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    am i the only one that thinks cancer is 90% avoidable?

Bike
    R1200GSA
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    probably

"Cancer" is a collective noun applied to a grouping of around 200 separate diseases. You can make changes with respect to your lifestyle which can reduce your risk of developing a cancer. Can you avoid it completely? Not with 90% confidence no. We live longer these days, no longer being taken out by infections or trauma so much. The top 5 killers in NZ are Cancer (1.5 times more common than the next), ischaemic heart disease, stroke, chronic respiratory disorders and other types of heart disease. The same lifestyle changes can lower your risk of all 5. Stop the ciggies, balanced diet to maintain appropriate weight, regular exercise, reduce alcohol and minimise stress.
    You gotta die of something though. For men, live long enough and you will get prostate cancer.
    Life is not measured by how many breaths you take, but how many times you have your breath taken away

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulsterkiwi View Post
    probably

"Cancer" is a collective noun applied to a grouping of around 200 separate diseases. You can make changes with respect to your lifestyle which can reduce your risk of developing a cancer. Can you avoid it completely? Not with 90% confidence no. We live longer these days, no longer being taken out by infections or trauma so much. The top 5 killers in NZ are Cancer (1.5 times more common than the next), ischaemic heart disease, stroke, chronic respiratory disorders and other types of heart disease. The same lifestyle changes can lower your risk of all 5. Stop the ciggies, balanced diet to maintain appropriate weight, regular exercise, reduce alcohol and minimise stress.
    You gotta die of something though. For men, live long enough and you will get prostate cancer.
    innt that a fuken story.
    'cancer' is when your body gets sick of you and starts eating itself. I know/have known plenty of old cunts with no prostate cancer.
    Ive known plenty of pack-or-three a dayers who dont get cancered into their late 80s -90s.
    Know what IS carcinogenic? Diesel exhaust.
    Im 99% sure i shouldnt get cancer. But god enjoys both humor and irony, so more like 50/50.

Bike
    R1200GSA
    innt that a fuken story.
    you asked

'cancer' is when your body gets sick of you and starts eating itself.
    one way of putting it. Strictly a series of genetic mutations which when taken in sum mean your own cells no longer look like or behave like the rest of the cells in the tissue they arose in. Most significantly they do not respond to the usual control mechanisms.

I know/have known plenty of old cunts with no prostate cancer WHICH HAS BEEN DIAGNOSED.
    fixed it for you

Ive known plenty of pack-or-three a dayers who dont get cancered into their late 80s -90s.
    am quite sure you do, my Grandad was a case in point, 80 woodbine a day, internal bleeding took him out. Thats why they are called risk factors not 'absolutely will cause cancer' factors

Know what IS carcinogenic?
    a few things yes

Im 99% sure i shouldnt get cancer. But god enjoys both humor and irony, so more like 50/50.
    I admire your pragmatism
    Life is not measured by how many breaths you take, but how many times you have your breath taken away

Bike
    GSX1300R
    Read an interesting article a while ago about cancer rates on the increase, in part due to advances made in coronary heart disease/prevention. Made the same inference that sooner or latter something's going to get you, cancer being one of those 'somethings' high up on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulsterkiwi View Post
    probably

Bike
    R1200GSA
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheepLogic View Post
    Read an interesting article a while ago about cancer rates on the increase, in part due to advances made in coronary heart disease/prevention. Made the same inference that sooner or latter something's going to get you, cancer being one of those 'somethings' high up on the list.
    sounds about right

Bike
    So old you won't care
    The Wellington even was postponed until next saturday on account of the 'interesting' and uncivilised weather last sunday.

Good Job too... I would not have looked very distinguished dripping wet holding onto the lamp post to stay upright...

Bike
    2000 kawasaki zzr1100, 88 1500 goldwing
    what a load of crap, its 100% avoidable, just die before ya get it

Bike
    So old you won't care
    For those more interested in riding rather than discussing if someone can dodge cancer its 2pm this saturday...

Same sport - Oriental Parade...

Classic club meeting up at the Cenotaph at 1:30

sigh

Bike
    1999 GSXR1100W, 1975 CT90
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    2pm this saturday...

Oriental Parade...

sigh
    Cheers man. This thread was what the search bar found.

Bike
    So old you won't care
    For those that missed it - it was a GREAT day out....

Had a great time... Great diversity of bikes and folks... Well worth it..

Thread Information