Thread: GSX250 Invader 2004 clutch pushrod seal

GSX250 Invader 2004 clutch pushrod seal

Has anyone replaced a clutch push rod seal on a 2004 GSX250 Invader?
    I went to the Suzuki dealer and they told me that the part has been discontinued, they then went on to give me the wrong dimensions for the aftermarket seal.
    The dimensions they gave me were OD: 30mm, ID: 6mm, T: 7mm - these are WRONG.

Since it's a one-way street I don't really want to pull the seal out until I have a replacement.
    I know that the ID should be 6mm, the OD seems to be somewhere between 32mm and 35mm and I have no idea what the thickness should be.

Does anyone know of any good suppliers or even better dimensions or a part number?
    Thanks!

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    'somewhere between 32 and 35'
    we'll make an engineer of you yet...
    Try any engineering shop or saeco or some shit.
    Theyll likely have em, so pull the old one FOR THEM to measure.

Hi Akzle,
    Thanks for the advice.
    It's mm not inch, gearbox housing makes it quite hard to measure in place.
    When I rang around with the dimensions from the dealer Saeco and SIL had nothing even close, so I'm not keen to pull out the seal.
    The reason I know it's not OD 30mm is because I found a suzuki part number (through google search) with those same dimensions and got it from the dealer.

Bike
    KTM 1290 SDGT
    Political Correctness, the chief weapon of whiney arse bastards

Thanks buggerit, that website is awesome!
    Sadly no luck in the search results, will try calling them tomorrow.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    you have vernier calipers?

Yeah I have some, they are cheapos though and its pretty awkward to get them close enough to take an accurate measurement. If I could guarantee that I could get a seal that fit for a reasonable price (or when it becomes more than a chain oiling drip) I'd whip it out in a heartbeat.

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    Use a compass, dividers or scribe to get the O/D and measure them with your calipers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    Ha...Thats true but life is full horrible choices sometimes Merv. Then sometimes just plain stuff happens... and then some more stuff happens.....

Alloy, stainless and Ti polishing.
    Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    2004 Suzuki GSX250 Intruder
    If you have to resort to used parts, I've had luck getting parts for my Invader from www.bikebitz.co.nz and a wrecker at www.nzbikeparts.com

Bike
    mutton dressed up as lamb and a 73 XL250
    Quote Originally Posted by tjl888 View Post
    Has anyone replaced a clutch push rod seal on a 2004 GSX250 Invader?
    I went to the Suzuki dealer and they told me that the part has been discontinued, they then went on to give me the wrong dimensions for the aftermarket seal.
    The dimensions they gave me were OD: 30mm, ID: 6mm, T: 7mm - these are WRONG.

Since it's a one-way street I don't really want to pull the seal out until I have a replacement.
    I know that the ID should be 6mm, the OD seems to be somewhere between 32mm and 35mm and I have no idea what the thickness should be.

Does anyone know of any good suppliers or even better dimensions or a part number?
    Thanks!
    Seems bloody odd that Suzuki cant supply one for a 2004 i can still get anything for my old 98 TLS,i would go to the likes of Ron Ayres website,betting they can supply one or at very least you can cross reference the part number,it wont be the only model with a seal of those dimensions.https://www.google.co.nz/url?sa=t&rc...p4h3ZzZE-pxg2g
    Be the person your dog thinks you are...

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    Quote Originally Posted by 98tls View Post
    Seems bloody odd that Suzuki cant supply one for a 2004 i can still get anything for my old 98 TLS,i would go to the likes of Ron Ayres website,betting they can supply one or at very least you can cross reference the part number,it wont be the only model with a seal of those dimensions.https://www.google.co.nz/url?sa=t&rc...p4h3ZzZE-pxg2g
    And the GSX motor being around since the early 80's. And Suzuki always use common seals on perishable/replaceable parts
    Maybe teh dealer is a bit speshul
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    Ha...Thats true but life is full horrible choices sometimes Merv. Then sometimes just plain stuff happens... and then some more stuff happens.....

Alloy, stainless and Ti polishing.
    Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Thread Information