Thread: Bsa m21

Bike
    Honda VF750f.

Bsa m21

Dunno if it has been posted before, But I enjoyed it........http://www.ozebook.com/mcnews/bsam21/bsam21.htm So there it is.
    For a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him. Keep an open mind, just dont let your brains fall out.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by unstuck View Post
    Dunno if it has been posted before, But I enjoyed it........http://www.ozebook.com/mcnews/bsam21/bsam21.htm
    ........So there it is.
    fixed your shit HTML.

tempura prawns. and octopus with mayo.

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Your link did not work so I found one I liked.

http://hellonwheelskustom.blogspot.c...2/bsa-m21.html

Bike
    Honda VF750f.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    fixed your shit HTML.

tempura prawns. and octopus with mayo.
    My one works fine thank you.
    For a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him. Keep an open mind, just dont let your brains fall out.

Bike
    Honda VF750f.
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    Your link did not work so I found one I liked.
    Cool.

I had an M20 - bought it in parts, and rebuilt the engine first as it interested me. Put in a new piston and mains, had some valve guides made. My B31 engine started a bit of a bigend rattle...it would last for ages like that...but put the M20 in the frame instead. The bike was actually a '54 A10 that I converted into a B31, seeing as the M20/21 uses almost the same bottom end, it's almost a bolt in. The B31/33 has a double ball on the drive side and single on the timing side, the M20 has double balls on the timing side...so is a little wider.

Going to a 425 lb bike with 13 HP completely altered my riding style, one I still use today. With that sort of power/weight ratio you NEVER BACK OFF - it takes so long to build momentum, you do your utmost to never lose it. I love low powered bikes. I'd been riding B31's and B33's with high comp pistons and Goldstar cams for years, starting the M20 with 5:1 compression was pretty easy, even without the valve lifter. I managed to get a 70mph top speed out of it...I may have fiddled with the gearing to get that.

I did get hold of an incomplete M21 engine, but it was the early 85x105 engine, and everything was different. So I started building a long stroke 600 OHV engine, putting B31 mainshafts into the M21 flywheels with a B33 top end. I never finished it.

Here's the bike, it was always in a state of change. There were 17 welds in that segmented front pipe. I'm using a 26mm Concentric there, but also used a Monoblock, a Mikuni and a Type 6, which had the float chamber well out on the right. Some used a horizontal Type 6, but I never found one to use.

This was the bike BSA should've built - the swingarm M20.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scan0002_zps220b7a53.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	271.2 KB 
ID:	300627
    In and out of jobs, running free
    Waging war with society

Thread Information