Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gauging a sale price, etc?

Bike
    Blandit 1200, DRZ250 K, Beta xtrainer
    To the OP...was this the RR that Avon City sold a while back?

Bike
    ZX7RR.. A mint one of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by SVboy View Post
    To the OP...was this the RR that Avon City sold a while back?
    No svboy, i bought it just outside of Christchurch a couple of years ago then restored it.
    I am in Christchurch now but wasnt at the time i bought it.

I will try to post a pic..
    If it's got tits or tyres... It's gonna be trouble..

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Wessa View Post
    The interested person will not worry about the cost as someone said.
    money is a dirty word when it comes to old motorcycles in my mind, but it is there and a large part of it.
    I don't beleive your statement to be correct as most people who have the kind of money you're mentioning will not want to throw it away, are just as likely to find one abroad and ship it in so it has to be priced well.
    Another point is few people like to be seen to overpay for stuff, even if it is an investment, they say a fool and his money are soon parted but seldom fools actually have money....
    sometimes just cause something is rare means it's harder to value than something that is common, maybe this is one of those cases?

Bike
    ZX7RR.. A mint one of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    money is a dirty word when it comes to old motorcycles in my mind, but it is there and a large part of it.
    I don't beleive your statement to be correct as most people who have the kind of money you're mentioning will not want to throw it away, are just as likely to find one abroad and ship it in so it has to be priced well.
    Another point is few people like to be seen to overpay for stuff, even if it is an investment, they say a fool and his money are soon parted but seldom fools actually have money....
    sometimes just cause something is rare means it's harder to value than something that is common, maybe this is one of those cases?

JW. I like your reply.
    Yeah, people dont throw money away, as i wouldnt, and your right about shipping one. Im considering shipping a car to NZ from the UK..
    It is rare and i can only gauge what its worth by what i can compare it to, to which there arnt many to compare to.
    I personally would not pay $20k for it. As much as its rare i value it at $10k max.. I guess if i value it at that then why would i ask for more, which i wouldnt..
    I was just trying to gauge if this sort of bike would be of interest to someone.

If no one is interested in it then it becomes just another bike, investment or not eh..
    Anyway, i will keep it on its stands and just let it get older.. maybe take it around Ruapuna now and then..
    If it's got tits or tyres... It's gonna be trouble..

Thread Information