Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fatal motorcyclist vs vehicle hit-and-run driver charged

Bike
    TF125
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender EnZed View Post
    I have. It certainly suggests he was driving the ute but it doesn't specifically say it.
    Funny, I took from that article that the lad charged was driving the car that struck the motorcyclist off his bike before he was run over by the ute. Bloody crap reporting once again which also comes as no surprise.

Going off topic here but WTF does a motorway have to do with this? http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/1054...in-fatal-crash

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Madness View Post
    Funny, I took from that article that the lad charged was driving the car that struck the motorcyclist off his bike before he was run over by the ute. Bloody crap reporting once again which also comes as no surprise.
    I get the impression that a car pulled out, he binned it prior to hitting the car, slid into the oncoming lane, some time passed (maybe a fraction of a second, maybe more) then he got run over by the ute. And everyone fucked off but now they found the ute driver.

No idea what actually happened though.

Bike
    TF125
    I get the impression that a car pulled out, he binned it prior to hitting the car, slid into the oncoming lane, some time passed (maybe a fraction of a second, maybe more) then he got run over by the ute. And everyone fucked off but now they found the ute driver. No idea what actually happened though.
    Yerp, I just read it again, again and can see your point. Epic journalistic fail.

Bike
    Depends on the ride.
    Yeah I do agree it could have been rittn betr.

It reads to me that:

A car pulled into his path. The lad slid off his bike onto the road and before he could get up, he was struck by a ute coming in the opposite direction.

Bike
    Depends on the ride.
    I get the impression that a car pulled out, he binned it prior to hitting the car, slid into the oncoming lane, some time passed (maybe a fraction of a second, maybe more) then he got run over by the ute. And everyone fucked off but now they found the ute driver.

No idea what actually happened though.
    Well with everybody gapping it and in view of nobody offering any explanation you will have to draw your own conclusion.

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by Mo NZ View Post
    Yeah I do agree it could have been rittn betr.

It reads to me that:

A car pulled into his path. The lad slid off his bike onto the road and before he could get up, he was struck by a ute coming in the opposite direction.
    So which was the driver who avoided detection for 5 months?

The ute driver or the driver of the car that pulled out?

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    I have. It certainly suggests he was driving the ute but it doesn't specifically say it.
    It doesn't actually make any suggestion as to which vehicle he was driving.

Bike
    CB1300
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    So which was the driver who avoided detection for 5 months?

The ute driver or the driver of the car that pulled out?
    Maybe the rider would be better off if both cage drivers fathers had pulled out?

Stupid phone / Tapatalk, apologies in advance.

Bike
    Roadstar 1600 & Royal Star Venture
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    Yes he fucked up but I'll bet every person who gets behind a wheel or a set of handlebars makes a mistake nearly every time. Usually there are no consequences other than a 'phew'....

Yes - this time someone died...

What penalty would you suggest?
    Simple answer.......
    He wasnt 'mature or responsible enough' to accept he fucked up and deal with it, the he isnt 'mature or responsible enough' to be in charge of a machine that can cause severe injury or death to others....

10yr ban, BIG fine, some kind of reparation to the family, service to the community (and I dont mean cutting flax etc) and instant IMPRISONMENT if ever caught driving during the 10yr period.
    When his ban is up.... he will have to PROVE he is now mature enough to be given a learner licence again, not a full.
    If the road to hell is paved with good intentions; and a man is judged by his deeds and his actions, why say it's the thought that counts? -GrayWolf

Bike
    various
    Shoddy journalism but more details : https://shivanirajan1027.wordpress.com/2014/10/24/

Trial put off until Jan, ute driver let off / excused, accused car driver since granted a full driver licence.
    Insert witticism.

Bike
    Baby Gixxer
    Blog Entries
    If the fatal injuries were caused by the second vehicle I cannot understand why that driver isn't guilty of manslaughter. "Not having enough time to react" is a lame excuse as you're supposed to drive/ride to the conditions (including what could potentially be around a corner etc.), not what you're expecting the road to be like.
    I lahk to moove eet moove eet...

Katman to steveb64
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I'd hate to ever have to admit that my arse had been owned by a Princess.

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    "Not having enough time to react" is a lame excuse as you're supposed to drive/ride to the conditions (including what could potentially be around a corner etc.), not what you're expecting the road to be like.
    Didn't work with the rider(s) that ploughed into U-turning cops cars, did it?
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    Valkyrie 1500 ,HD softail, BMW r1150r
    Quote Originally Posted by scumdog View Post
    A wise man once said to me "If you ever want to kill somebody in NZ do it on the road - the penalty is not so harsh"
    Not only in Enzed.....

An "associate" of mine....many moons ago squared off all his grief like that,
    wait for target to leave the pub.....
    run him over. (Alcohol on him, before and after event...wait for cops, go to court, accept slap on wrist with wet busticket..)
    Third time judge gave him finally a wee bit more then fuck all....
    Opinions are like arseholes: Everybody has got one, but that doesn't mean you got to air it in public all the time....

Bike
    various
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    If the fatal injuries were caused by the second vehicle I cannot understand why that driver isn't guilty of manslaughter. "Not having enough time to react" is a lame excuse as you're supposed to drive/ride to the conditions (including what could potentially be around a corner etc.), not what you're expecting the road to be like.
    Tte road in question had a 60 limit, so some sort of through road where you expect your clear road in sight to stay clear for 60kmh worth of braking. My guess is he never saw the poor biker knocked off until he stood up.
    Insert witticism.

Bike
    CB750
    Come on Karma! (cue 16t weight falling from sky)

Thread Information