Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Garmin ZUMO 390LM

Bike
    GSX1300R
    While I don't believe waypoints created in basecamp for a route are counted against the device limit, I think there may be a limit on the number of waypoints (routing points etc) within a route. I have not yet run into this limit (I think it's something like 100 points), but one way around this limit I've seen on some of the discussion forums was to convert the route into a track and then use that.

The obvious issue with a track is that you won't get voice prompts but it would be better than having to stop and switch routes if you could see the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Bender View Post
    It was a problem with my Zumo 500 - would not accept a route with over a certain number of waypoints (and I can't off the top of my head remember what number it was).

The other problem I found was having two different maps - the one in basecamp being a different version to the one in the Zumo.

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Split routes into legs if length is an issue. Only time I struggled with a 660 was a route with an ETA of more than 24 hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    CB1300
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    Split routes into legs if length is an issue. Only time I struggled with a 660 was a route with an ETA of more than 24 hours.
    So you were routing for too long?

Stupid phone / Tapatalk, apologies in advance.

Thread Information