Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fastoyz on Trademe, anyone got experience with them?

Bike
    aprilia Tuono
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post

Some refuse to buy second hand helmets regardless or their condition ... yet ... get bent bits straightened ... ???
    And some people are deliberately obtuse
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen" Douglas Adams (1952-2001) - not riding a TUONO then!

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by yevjenko View Post
    And some people are deliberately obtuse
    Less risk of death by bring Obtuse ... than there is by getting bent bits straightened ...

Hint ... Google Metallurgy ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    aprilia Tuono
    Quote Originally Posted by Ribit View Post
    If the rego is still live when the bike is sold from being crashed, does it have to be recerted to get back on the road? Would this be a way around getting a dodgy bike (vehicle) back on the road?
    Correct, however if the rego is still live the vehicle hasn't been statutorily written off and therefore the bike can't be dodgy from an insurance / crash damage point of view.

Don't forget that in this case the vehicle is still liable for wof checks and it is always a good idea to get any vehicle you are thinking of buying checked out by somebody who knows what they are doing
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen" Douglas Adams (1952-2001) - not riding a TUONO then!

Bike
    aprilia Tuono
    Less risk of death by bring Obtuse ... than there is by getting bent bits straightened ...

Hint ... Google Metallurgy ...
    Also Google structural engineer and one time use helmets while you're at it

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Correct, however if the rego is still live the vehicle hasn't been statutorily written off and therefore the bike can't be dodgy from an insurance / crash damage point of view.
    To be "Written off" ... the bike/vehicle needs to be insured (and and a claim made for repairs) at the time ...

No claim ... NOT possible to get it written off.

Thus ... a vehicle then just needs to pass a Warrant of Fitness check to obtain a Registration label. Totally legal ...

Don't forget that in this case the vehicle is still liable for wof checks and it is always a good idea to get any vehicle you are thinking of buying checked out by somebody who knows what they are doing
    WOF checks are seldom to the standard of Re-certification ... what you don't know wont hurt you ... right ..

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Thus ... a vehicle then just needs to pass a Warrant of Fitness check to obtain a Registration label.
    i'll just let that one sink in.

Bike
    aprilia Tuono
    To be "Written off" ... the bike/vehicle needs to be insured (and and a claim made for repairs) at the time ...

No claim ... NOT possible to get it written off.

Thus ... a vehicle then just needs to pass a Warrant of Fitness check to obtain a Registration label. Totally legal ...

WOF checks are seldom to the standard of Re-certification ... what you don't know wont hurt you ... right ..
    Wof checks are definitely not to the standard of a re-cert. No where near

Bike
    -Bikeless-
    In addition, from what I heard some WOF places are easy to pass than the other... Can always bring it to one that has their own "price" I guess?

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NightRaven View Post
    In addition, from what I heard some WOF places are easy to pass than the other... Can always bring it to one that has their own "price" I guess?
    Authority to issue a Warrant of Fitness is given to individuals ... not a business. To lose that authority would amount to a loss of income for the business employing such individuals. (and possibly loss of employment to said individuals)

They check all things on the list ... but some are more stringent on their interpretation of regulations ... as they are written.

The WOF label only shows it was deemed safe by the tester at the time it was tested.

Bike
    aprilia Tuono
    Quote Originally Posted by NightRaven View Post
    That's why you take it to someone who knows what they are doing to inspect it or take it for a warrant yourself

Bike
    2006 Kawasaki ER-6n, 2009 CT110, NBC110
    I couldn't agree with this more.

2 a write off is purely based on the cost to repair, so if your plastic fairings are expensive then that could write off the bike - there may not be any chassis or mechanical damage at all
    Yeah something similar happened to me when I crashed my bike. I basically just parked my bike against a roadside barrier, breaking fairing and scratching up lots of stuff. It was suggested that I leave a tiny scratch on my tank that could barely be seen as the cost of repairing that on top would most likely have had my bike written off.

Bike
    Roadstar 1600 & Royal Star Venture
    Quote Originally Posted by Jizah View Post
    Yeah something similar happened to me when I crashed my bike. I basically just parked my bike against a roadside barrier, breaking fairing and scratching up lots of stuff. It was suggested that I leave a tiny scratch on my tank that could barely be seen as the cost of repairing that on top would most likely have had my bike written off.
    So true,
    I had an 'off' at 25kph almost 2 yrs ago, and slid into a muddy ditch... 'minimal' damage to bike, bar end, scratches on two downpipes, muffler cover (plastic) End rings, etc, etc.... ended up with over 8k in cost. If the bike had been a couple of years older, it probably would have been written off.
    The slide didnt even bend the bars.
    If the road to hell is paved with good intentions; and a man is judged by his deeds and his actions, why say it's the thought that counts? -GrayWolf

Bike
    2015 DRZ400SM, 2010 R1

Bike
    aprilia Tuono
    One of the salvage auctions in Auckland always has good value descriptions in his auctions. I'll dig out his listings

Bike
    Bikes!
    Quote Originally Posted by biketimus_prime View Post
    Ayieee... I thought you were supposed to use good looking birds to make people come and look at your auctions... I can only wonder what this guys intentions were?!?

Thread Information