Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fastoyz on Trademe, anyone got experience with them?

Bike
    -Bikeless-

Fastoyz on Trademe, anyone got experience with them?

Hi everyone,

a few months ago while I was bike hunting, I saw a trademe account by the name of Fastoyz which happen to have too good to be true deals for the bikes they have I.e. CBR600RR for under 6K, they also did mention how most of their bikes are only with 1 key and seem to have been mostly trashed bikes that has been fixed.

Now my question is: has anyone ever dealt with them and whether if they are legitimate? good idea to buy bikes with them knowing there's only one key, and the too good to be true pricing? (implications may include the paranoia of your bike disappearing in the morning) Are the bikes they repaired good to go?

I have been so tempted to buy bikes from them (a bit too late now since the listing they have are not bikes anymore) but held myself back due to paranoia and uncertainty and suspicion of the above factors.

Should have went here and asked though.

Can provide link if that's all good in this forum.

Thanks!

Bike
    TF125
    The seller is a member of this forum and a friend of a friend. I haven't dealt with them personally but would have no hesitation doing so.

Bike
    -Bikeless-
    Hmm, Ok. I might give them a shot next time around. Looking for a step up from my CBR250R as I now have a full licence (woo). Not gonna go crazy on a liter bike though.

Bad timing to shop I guess

Bike
    The pirate bike. Arr-arr!
    The bikes are crashed insurance company write offs that i guess were deemed uneconomical to repair to 'before crash' standard.
    To me that means fast toys can buy the write off, do some repairs and still make a profit where the buyer takes the risk of his work.

Bike
    06 zx10r
    i brought a bike off a work mate that hed brought from that guy. It was ruff but it was legal. After i got it i serviced and got fairings repaired and bike did well till i sold it. As said he buys write offs and fixes them to wofable standard,not before crash standard

Bike
    Blandit 1200, DRZ250 K, Beta xtrainer
    Iirc, I tried to buy a bike off him, both on here and trade me. The rude Cnut never as much as acknowledged my messages, nor replied. Not a reflection on his bikes, more his customer service.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    I tried to buy my crashed bike back off him but got ignored then he told me he had sold it. Then I asked him to pass my details on to the new owner as I had the manuals, spare keys and the history of the bike. But got nothing back.

Bike
    GSX1300R
    It's a risk to buy a insurance write-off, Bikes often get written-off for cosmetic damage but you don't know for sure since you don't see the before only the after or really know the quality of work. Also, the history will put buyer's off when you come to sell it.

Bike
    06 zx10r
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheepLogic View Post
    It's a risk to buy a insurance write-off, Bikes often get written-off for cosmetic damage but you don't know for sure since you don't see the before only the after or really know the quality of work. Also, the history will put buyer's off when you come to sell it.
    the above is very true but don't be completely put off buying a write off. I recently had my bike written off due to repair costs being too high to be economical. However before it was written off i had it checked over buy the crash repair certifier who was very helpful and confirmed there was no chassis damage so i was happy to buy back and repair the bike. 3 weeks later it was back on the road. The reason i bring it up is that to pass the bike there are quite a few specs ( measurement ) that the bike must meet as well as a visual inspection of welds etc depending on crash type. Therefor to purchase a write off bike you can be almost 99% assured that apart from cosmetic imperfections the bike should in a road worthy condition. I say 99% because theres always 1% that cheat the system and youll never completely be able to avoid them

Bike
    aprilia Tuono
    Quote Originally Posted by mhm View Post
    the above is very true but don't be completely put off buying a write off. I recently had my bike written off due to repair costs being too high to be economical. However before it was written off i had it checked over buy the crash repair certifier who was very helpful and confirmed there was no chassis damage so i was happy to buy back and repair the bike. 3 weeks later it was back on the road. The reason i bring it up is that to pass the bike there are quite a few specs ( measurement ) that the bike must meet as well as a visual inspection of welds etc depending on crash type. Therefor to purchase a write off bike you can be almost 99% assured that apart from cosmetic imperfections the bike should in a road worthy condition. I say 99% because theres always 1% that cheat the system and youll never completely be able to avoid them
    I couldn't agree with this more.

Don't forget that
    1 to put a written off bike back on the road it has to be re certified. This is much more intensive checking than just a wof
    2 a write off is purely based on the cost to repair, so if your plastic fairings are expensive then that could write off the bike - there may not be any chassis or mechanical damage at all
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen" Douglas Adams (1952-2001) - not riding a TUONO then!

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SVboy View Post
    Iirc, I tried to buy a bike off him, both on here and trade me. The rude Cnut never as much as acknowledged my messages, nor replied. Not a reflection on his bikes, more his customer service.
    hahahaha.

You.

Bike
    Blandit 1200, DRZ250 K, Beta xtrainer
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    hahahaha.

You.
    Now don't you go get excited dear. Don't forget I was trying to buy (another) motorbike. We both know that's not something you are ever likely to experience!

Bike
    The pirate bike. Arr-arr!
    Quote Originally Posted by mhm View Post
    If the rego is still live when the bike is sold from being crashed, does it have to be recerted to get back on the road? Would this be a way around getting a dodgy bike (vehicle) back on the road?

Bike
    -Bikeless-
    I think I get what you folks are trying to point out here:

They are basically ROAD WORTHY, but may or may not have the creature comfort it once used to have? I'll admit though the ownership history will turn off prospective buyers sadly... then again you bought for what it's worth anyway! At least good to know they're unlikely to be either death traps or heartbreak waiting to happen.

Still though, its sad now there's nothing left on sale from the dude would love to get a good deal or something.

Ah well plenty of fish swimming in the sea.

Thanks though everyone!

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NightRaven View Post
    I think I get what you folks are trying to point out here:
    I doubt you really do ...

They are basically ROAD WORTHY, but may or may not have the creature comfort it once used to have? I'll admit though the ownership history will turn off prospective buyers sadly... then again you bought for what it's worth anyway! At least good to know they're unlikely to be either death traps or heartbreak waiting to happen.
    Some refuse to buy second hand helmets regardless or their condition ... yet ... get bent bits straightened ... ???

Still though, its sad now there's nothing left on sale from the dude would love to get a good deal or something.
    or not ...

Ah well plenty of fish swimming in the sea.

Thanks though everyone!
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Thread Information