Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Raising the handlebars on an R6?

Bike
    -Bikeless-
    Quote Originally Posted by carburator View Post
    well get it out of first gear ya pussy.
    Bahahahaha yes that is one thing I noticed too The vibrations was so bad I had to shift up around 10K rpm... I'll admit I was nervous (not my bike, havent ridden a supersports before, being a paranoid baby, etc).

@hayd3n @asher

That is true actually, I was resting my weight on the handlebars quite heavily and further research did mention poor positioning contributed to that... It was also my first time on a supersports bike (A 2012 CBR205R is not a sports bike position by any means) but with further training and once I own one I think I'll get over this without needing a single mod! (Hopefully I can find a good bike)

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by hayd3n View Post
    wrist pain??
    quit leaning on the bars
    This is correct. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Bike
    '06 ZX6R X 2
    Was the clutch and brake in line with your arms or did you have to twist up to grab it?

Bike
    2003 Aprilia Tuono Racing
    +1 for http://www.topyokes.com/fix_the_pain..._position:/457
    I had a set of these on an SV1000S, and they were magic
    witty bit goes here; please ensure you have upgraded from the embedded 1/2 witty plug-in

Bike
    A black one
    The last R6 I rode was more comfortable on my wrists than my GSXR is.

Great bikes if you can find one for a good price. Unfortunately the most expensive of the Japanese 600s though..

Bike
    -Bikeless-
    Quote Originally Posted by f2dz View Post
    The last R6 I rode was more comfortable on my wrists than my GSXR is.

Great bikes if you can find one for a good price. Unfortunately the most expensive of the Japanese 600s though..
    Really? I thought it's the Honda CBR600RR that's the most expensive.... R6 is 18K brand new while 600RR is 20K?

Bike
    A blue one
    Quote Originally Posted by NightRaven View Post
    Bahahahaha yes that is one thing I noticed too The vibrations was so bad I had to shift up around 10K rpm... I'll admit I was nervous (not my bike, havent ridden a supersports before, being a paranoid baby, etc).

@hayd3n @asher

That is true actually, I was resting my weight on the handlebars quite heavily and further research did mention poor positioning contributed to that... It was also my first time on a supersports bike (A 2012 CBR205R is not a sports bike position by any means) but with further training and once I own one I think I'll get over this without needing a single mod! (Hopefully I can find a good bike)

ok.. first I was teasing, but second, if you getting that much vibration there is a serious problem with the bike and certainly the setup of
    the suspension. they don't vibrate like a lot of other bikes out there and certainly Ive own and ridden a few.

the factory settings for the r6 are firm and if your a small / 75kg person the setup does not work compliant enough hence a lot of vibration.

Bike
    A black one
    Really? I thought it's the Honda CBR600RR that's the most expensive.... R6 is 18K brand new while 600RR is 20K?
    Oh might be. I had a dealer tell me that around 6 months ago.

I just assumed he was right as used CBRs come up for sale much cheaper used than R6s.

Re the vibrations, I noticed that super sports seemed a bit more vibey than my 250 as well. I rode a 2009 CBR600RR and a GSXR600 and both of them vibrated to all hell.

Bike
    -Bikeless-
    Quote Originally Posted by f2dz View Post
    Oh might be. I had a dealer tell me that around 6 months ago.

I just assumed he was right as used CBRs come up for sale much cheaper used than R6s.

Re the vibrations, I noticed that super sports seemed a bit more vibey than my 250 as well. I rode a 2009 CBR600RR and a GSXR600 and both of them vibrated to all hell.
    I think its probably due to the popularity of the R6 over CBR600RR (correct me if I'm wrong).

Bike
    GSX1300R
    Try Helibars, I put them on my Busa and they have made a good difference to how comfortable it is to ride over a day. Prior, about 4 hours before I had to take a break, just done 10+ hours (including a lot of city/congested moterway riding) with only a couple of short breaks. Was tied and some wrist pain but better.

Also, adding some heavier bar end weights might help kill some vibration which will reduce numbness in the hands. I find I need to change down a gear as the Busa at 100 kph in sixth is quite bad in that regard. A throttle lock may also help for the longer trips to allow you to stretch your hand.

Anyway, just some thoughts I have been doing to the Busa to make longer trips easier. Looking at new leavers with more adjustability now.

But still using a clip-on grip. Is this possible? or is this just atrocious? I understand the R6 is mostly a track day weapon and much less street riding, but I'm sure it can be a decent street bike if set up properly.

Thread Information