Thread: Wisdom from the US

Bike
    GSX1300R

Wisdom from the US

Been wasting away time today reading a US Busa forum. Thought I would share some of there memorable banter.

"I have a 2.9 mile stretch to accelerate before having to shut off. I've made two runs with the first being 186.4. I figured what the heck, the limiter is still there.
    Because I do this on the open rode I limit myself to Sunday mornings."

"Once I had around 160 mph very early in the morning and a cop with a mustang decided to follow me to give a a dozen of tickets.."

"I considered a turbo but my goal was to do as little as possible to get to 200."

"Next weekend is a holiday weekend so the police will be out in force. However I'm expecting a delivery of a dry NOS system"

"Don't feel bad. A friend told me pretty much the same story with his ZX-14r"

"sorry to say but thats dangerous IMO be careful and good luck."

"my own experience in the states is get a lawyer"

"I got popped for a 97 in a 55 blanket ticket written out to 9 bikes in a row."

"12 of us were pulled over down in Kerrville, TX and the officer gave the front two riders tickets."

"The attorney I use does nothing but traffic tickets. He is well schooled. His best run on beating traffic tickets was 871 in a row."

"155 in a 65 zone on a divided empty highway at 1 a.m. He had to use a 1st time offender program called Accelerated Rehabiliitation."

"We had a board member here. Former member now. But he got popped for 167. He called me asking for advice/help. I said dude your first mistake was stopping. I'm like dude you were the ONLY vehicle in sight and the conditions were perfect. We're talking 167 not 70 in a 55."

"If you're doing stupid speeds, which I never support anyone doing, you may as well try and haul ass home and park it for a few weeks. Or you can stop and have a world of legal to deal with."

"It would not have turned out no worse had he kept going and in fact could have turned out much better. "

"Anyone knows the fine/law for riding with no license."

"The fine probably isn't that large the first time. But after the first time...I'd imagine it could get ugly.."

"Usually dont speed and weave in and out of traffic but i would like to walk away without a ticket if i get pulled over. Whats the best way to deal with the situation if you do see flashin lights behind you?"

"in galveston tx if the cop dont like you, you gotta park it and have either a legally endorsed rider come get it, or a wrecker."

"Florida has developed a bad attitude towards bikes."

"I raced a Harley today and after some really hard riding I managed to PASS the guy..... I will always remember that moment. I don't think I've ever pedaled so hard in my life."

"I usually ride in 5th up to 150 and then bleed off speed."

"At 185 in 6th gear wanting to slow down, I let off the throttle, and she coasted. A scary as hell feeling knowing you CAN NOT hit the breaks. At 150 I down shifted and was able to slow down. It took longer to slow down than I really liked. I will not be doing that again."

"To previous poster: why can't you hit the brakes at 185?"

"must be a harley rider... never use the front brake. If you need to stop quickly, dump the bike."

"I feel like I'm missing something here, but my bike spends most of it's time in 6th gear. Mine does just fine at 25 M.P.H. in sixth"

Bike
    R1200GSA
    Interesting. I don't think the US has the monopoly on stupid people. It has a pretty big population so statistically speaking, its more likely you will encounter one.

Its a bit like Auckland really, the reason the city is so spread out is so that the statistical probability of having to encounter an Aucklander is reduced. Makes it safer for the rest of us
    Life is not measured by how many breaths you take, but how many times you have your breath taken away

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Sounds same as kiwi biker
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheepLogic View Post
    "To previous poster: why can't you hit the brakes at 185?"
    What was his answer?
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Thread Information