Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Motorcycle Action Group (MAG) Upcoming Events

Bike
    2010 GSF1250SA
    So what happened? Did anyone get photos of the event.

I didn't see anything on tv so don't don't know if it went ahead.
    Reality is only an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol in the blood.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by willytheekid View Post

ps...I wouldn't hesitate to "assist" un-blocking said parks!
    Interesting. Even the Police don't touch the bikes if they are legally parked. You would be unlawfully interfering with a motor vehicle and additionally be fully liable for any damage. Good luck with that.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    You can park in Auckland Council carparks, I do if I'm in town and there is is parking areas available on some streets.

Its mostly taken by scooter riders.

You can park in pay and display if you buy a ticket and display it, they suggest a rubber band

https://at.govt.nz/driving-parking/motorcycles/

MAG, whoever they are can only claim to represent their members really, and by the look of their website and Facebook page its not many.

Why does NZ have so many splinter groups for everything?
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
    Why does NZ have so many splinter groups for everything?
    no fucker voted akzle, that's why.

i'd force you to all be one group "motorcyclists" and i'd force that group of dopey fuckers ("drivers") to GTFO. except trucks, because trucks are big and awesome and have cool horns. except i'd ban truckies from being fat and/or wearing stubbies.

except former MAG members, who i would force into another group, called "jews due for a rocket ride".
    and fat people.

Bike
    A big Wheel, and a sponge bob scooter :P
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Interesting. Even the Police don't touch the bikes if they are legally parked. You would be unlawfully interfering with a motor vehicle and additionally be fully liable for any damage. Good luck with that.
    Interesting indeed!...So if a fellow rider walked up and voiced there concerns over your actions, and explained that your "rally" is contributing NOTHING towards helping us as over charged motorcyclists, and infact your actions are just pissing the public off and possibly doing MORE harm to our cause...why would you NOT move your bike?

...unlike you to support stupid Pritch

ps..I don't touch or move other peoples bikes!....thats just fucken rude!

When Life thows me a curve
    ...I lean into it!

Bike
    Canadian Red Back
    I had sign that I used to put in my car when it was parked, "You could have parked here but ACC taxed my Motorcycle off the road". Time to get it out again.

Bike
    KTM 1290 SDGT
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    I had sign that I used to put in my car when it was parked, "You could have parked here but ACC taxed my Motorcycle off the road". Time to get it out again.
    Perfect,gets the point across nicely without offending Joe Public and possibly gets them on our side.

What about, "You would have a faster trip if I was on a Motorbike"
    Political Correctness, the chief weapon of whiney arse bastards

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries

...unlike you to support stupid Pritch
    As I posted originally I have been involved in two similar protests.

The first many years ago in New Plymouth. This was waaay back before shop-'til-you-drop shopping hours, in the weekend the whole country was basically closed. Friday night was really busy. The local motor bicyclists had been using a certain amount of ummm poetic licence in parking their bikes downtown on Friday nights. The Police and Transport Dept decided to sort this out and issued tickets, threats of tickets, or instructions to move on.

After some discussion a protest was organised, by 7.00PM on the designated Friday night every parking space in the two central blocks of the main street held a bike. There were certainly a lot of disgruntled citizens ranting and moaning to the many officers by then in attendance, but the Police explained that as long as the bikes were legally parked there was nothing they could do.

The next week things went back to the former rather flexible(?) parking arrangements and officialdom took a much more relaxed view. Apparently the alternative held little appeal.

The second occasion was in central(ish) Wellington, there was (is?) a small carpark containing angled parking adjacent to a large Govt building. The carpark was originally intended for visitors, but staff who owned bikes would park on the lines separating the individual parks. Somebody "upstairs", no doubt wishing to make a name for himself, phoned the council and one day all of the bikes received a ticket, "encroaching on a parking space" or similar. Using rather more flamboyant gestures than were strictly necessary, in case I had an audience, I screwed the ticket up and threw it away. Remembering the effort in New Plymouth, the next morning I went to work early and parked diagonally across a carpark. If you are going to encroach on a parking space you might as well do a job of it. Another rider had the same idea and had got there before me and done the same thing. By 8.00AM the whole car park was full - of bikes. Never heard any more about bikes "encroaching on a parking space" Never heard any more about the ticket.

So within their admittedly limited objectives, both of these protests worked a treat and I regard them with a certain nostalgia. This probably results in me being more kindly disposed to the goings on in Auckland than I otherwise might be.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by GrayWolf View Post
    So inevitably it leaves these positions open to those who have a need to 'be seen' who frequently in reality have fragile ego's that cannot stand being challenged.
    Yep, that's our Maha all right.

Bike
    Hodor
    Why don't you re-name your group to something like MFG

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    Yep, that's our Maha all right.
    .....thankfully I have nothing at all to do with, whatever it is that is happening here. Fluffy dusters at dawn you cad!

Bike
    Rocket 111 Touring (2010)
    So if I park my car in a parking bay and buy a ticket it's ok, but if I park my bike in a bay and buy a ticket it's wrong?

Bike
    A big Wheel, and a sponge bob scooter :P

Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    As I posted originally I have been involved in two similar protests.

The first many years ago in New Plymouth. This was waaay back before shop-'til-you-drop shopping hours, in the weekend the whole country was basically closed. Friday night was really busy. The local motor bicyclists had been using a certain amount of ummm poetic licence in parking their bikes downtown on Friday nights. The Police and Transport Dept decided to sort this out and issued tickets, threats of tickets, or instructions to move on.

After some discussion a protest was organised, by 7.00PM on the designated Friday night every parking space in the two central blocks of the main street held a bike. There were certainly a lot of disgruntled citizens ranting and moaning to the many officers by then in attendance, but the Police explained that as long as the bikes were legally parked there was nothing they could do.

The next week things went back to the former rather flexible(?) parking arrangements and officialdom took a much more relaxed view. Apparently the alternative held little appeal.

The second occasion was in central(ish) Wellington, there was (is?) a small carpark containing angled parking adjacent to a large Govt building. The carpark was originally intended for visitors, but staff who owned bikes would park on the lines separating the individual parks. Somebody "upstairs", no doubt wishing to make a name for himself, phoned the council and one day all of the bikes received a ticket, "encroaching on a parking space" or similar. Using rather more flamboyant gestures than were strictly necessary, in case I had an audience, I screwed the ticket up and threw it away. Remembering the effort in New Plymouth, the next morning I went to work early and parked diagonally across a carpark. If you are going to encroach on a parking space you might as well do a job of it. Another rider had the same idea and had got there before me and done the same thing. By 8.00AM the whole car park was full - of bikes. Never heard any more about bikes "encroaching on a parking space" Never heard any more about the ticket.

So within their admittedly limited objectives, both of these protests worked a treat and I regard them with a certain nostalgia. This probably results in me being more kindly disposed to the goings on in Auckland than I otherwise might be.

Good to hear positive story's from such actions.
    ...but I'm unsure if the same positive effects could come from this run mate

Still...I sure as shit wouldn't advise anyone try's it down here! ...between the potholes, detours and road cones, most drivers are currently rather...errr...aggressive at present , and very LAST thing I would want anyone to do...is piss them off even MORE and direct there anger towards us motorcyclists! (Think my daily rush hour commute moves piss enough of them off as it is )

...thanks for sharing another point of view so well Pritch, reeee-spect!

When Life thows me a curve
    ...I lean into it!

Bike
    BSA A10
    ps...If ANY of you MAG fuckers purposely blocked the public from parking in CHCH while "representing me" as a motorcyclists...I wouldn't hesitate to "assist" un-blocking said parks! -(Cos its a dumb idea! and a shit arse thing to do to others, especially the public!...and if thats the BEST idea MAG can come up with!..
    It's been done in Chch before
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Auckland Traffic Wardens demonstrate how hard it is to find pay and display ticket on motorcycle.

DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Thread Information