Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorcycle Action Group (MAG) Upcoming Events

Bike
    2010 Hyosung ST7
    Blog Entries

Motorcycle Action Group (MAG) Upcoming Events

The Motorcycle Action Group (MAG) are ramping up activities again and are planning a few events.

Just to be clear, I am not a member of MAG, I am not on the committee and I do not speak for them in any way shape or form. MAG only have a presence on Facebook however I did suggest that they cast their net wider to increase interest (ie, place on KB) however they suggested that I did it so, well, here is the info worded as per their Facebook page:

Park Up In Ponsonby
    Saturday 18th October 2014
    Meet at Z station Pt Chev, 8.00am

Hi people, MAG NZ are starting to take action again to stop discrimination towards motorcyclist, this 1st event is to get as many bikes as possible and park up on ponsonby's main street before it get busy and as we all know that the new ACC minister is based just around the corner so ponsonby is a good start,so 1 bike per 1 car park space, we shall do it legally by buying a parking ticket if needed. then we will sit with a coffee, breakfast or what ever takes your fancy and watch cars trying to park,

We shall meet up at Point Chev Z station, time 8am, I know its early but at least we can get there and park up before everything opens at 9.

PLEASE PLEASE try and invite everyone who you know has a motorcycle, the more bikes we have the more impact it will be!!

Help MAG NZ to help you motorcyclists

Thanks

MAG NZ

Meet The MAG Team
    9th November 2014
    Onehunga Social Club, 303 Onehunga Mall, Onehunga

MAG NZ would like all Presidents, Vice Presidents, Admins of all Motorcycle groups to join us sunday afternoon on the 9th November to meet our Team and to talk about what our plans are for the future, we also would like to hear from you and your ideas for us.

There is a licenced Bar (please be sensible and dont drink and drive or Ride) and Food will be provided by the MAG Team.

Hope to see you all there, let us unite and stop discrimination towards motorcyclist.

I'm just spreading the word folks. If you want to get in touch with them then you will need to check out their page on facebook.

Toodle Pip....

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatt Max View Post
    Park Up In Ponsonby
    Saturday 18th October 2014
    Meet at Z station Pt Chev, 8.00am

[I]Hi people, MAG NZ are starting to take action again to stop discrimination towards motorcyclist, this 1st event is to get as many bikes as possible and park up on ponsonby's main street before it get busy and as we all know that the new ACC minister is based just around the corner so ponsonby is a good start,so 1 bike per 1 car park space, we shall do it legally by buying a parking ticket if needed. then we will sit with a coffee, breakfast or what ever takes your fancy and watch cars trying to park..
    At which point they will take a leaf from Wellington's book and ban bikes from using car parks.
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    thank fuck. someone to piss and moan and not achieve anything, on my behalf.

-edit-
    moaning aucklanders! what a fucking surprise... hopefully the power stays on so you can get your fucking latés.

-edit II-
    facebook is 100% faggotry and anyone that limits themselves to it to communicate about anything of perceived importance deserves scorn and derision and a punt in the cunt.

Bike
    YB125 RR
    Just to make sure I've got a handle on this.
    You want to stop discrimination towards motorcyclists by parking one bike per park in one of the busiest streets in one of the busiest areas of the country.
    Yea that will work.

Bike
    Kate
    Quote Originally Posted by 2smokes View Post
    Just to make sure I've got a handle on this.
    You want to stop discrimination towards motorcyclists by parking one bike per park in one of the busiest streets in one of the busiest areas of the country.
    Yea that will work.
    yep make them realise the advantage of having bikes parking on footpaths and other "waste" space, (footpaths only works when they park responsibly out of the way). Heard it worked will in Nelson.
    In the middle of Wellington's anti-footpath parking push the amusing thing was hearing a Wellington based radio host moaning she couldn't park her SUV because a bike was in the park and why couldn't they park on the footpaths. WCC dropped the anti-footpath push shortly after.
    Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people. --- Unknown sage

Bike
    Sold
    Smart thinking Piss off the motoring public who by and large aren't anti-bike, convert them to anti-bike and then what?

Don't think I want MAG speaking for me thanks

Bike
    KTM 1290 SDGT
    Make more sense to demonstrate how 50 individual vehicle users only require 10 car parks.
    Political Correctness, the chief weapon of whiney arse bastards

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    thank fuck. someone to piss and moan and not achieve anything, on my behalf.

-edit-
    moaning aucklanders! what a fucking surprise... hopefully the power stays on so you can get your fucking latés.

-edit II-
    facebook is 100% faggotry and anyone that limits themselves to it to communicate about anything of perceived importance deserves scorn and derision and a punt in the cunt.
    OMG...I'm from Auckland, I could walk to so called 'Onehunga Social Club"

Hmmm....quality shed time/out for a ride/Hamilton Swap Meet Vs pointless meeting.... no contest

Why don't all the clubs claiming to represent motorcyclist just form one club and be done with it.

Would usually insert Peoples Front of Judea sketch here.....

Two T's in Latte

Here is a link to MAG NZ on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/Motor...3527?ref=br_tf

exciting stuff
    Last edited by Voltaire; 18th October 2014 at 14:33. Reason: added MAGS facinating Facebook link
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Who is MAG-NZ nowadays? as one of the people left with 'turning off the lights' of the last incarnation of it, I'm a little surprised and disappointed this is the first I'm hearing of a restart.

But perhaps on a more relevant matter, what's the issue atm? are bikers getting shafted more or is it a re-hash of old issues?
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Twice I have been a participant in exercises such as this and while both were satisfying on a personal basis, both also achieved their objectives.
    We can sit around and bitch on KB or people can do something to draw attention to their grievances. Even if this protest isn't successful on its own, it may be thereapeutic for the participants. If there is a good turnout don't forget to ring the newspaper/TV.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Roadstar 1600 & Royal Star Venture
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    Smart thinking Piss off the motoring public who by and large aren't anti-bike, convert them to anti-bike and then what?

I belonged to MAG in the UK many years ago (leg protectors etc) I withdrew my 'support' due to one of the National Council 'so called' Minority Lobbyist's, a 'gentleman' by the name of Ian Mutch. (He did a Column called 'Mutchie's meanderings' in a bike mag...
    For a Man who was supposed to be a 'public/media front' for a minority group (motorcyclists). He in one of his columns went off on an 'anti gay' rant, which just happened to be a 'minority group' as such back then....

I didnt want that kind of mentality speaking for me either.
    If the road to hell is paved with good intentions; and a man is judged by his deeds and his actions, why say it's the thought that counts? -GrayWolf

Bike
    CT110 Super Cub - postie bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
    O
    Would usually insert Peoples Front of Judea sketch here.....
    Splitter ...
    Grow older but never grow up

Bike
    Katana GS650 1983
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    s.
    We can sit around and bitch on KB or people can do something to draw attention to their grievances.
    Good call!!!!

Please Mr Government sir can you keeping spanking me I won't tell anyone and will keep taking as much of a spanking as you can give me!!
    YOU ARE A LONG TIME DEAD!! ENJOY LIFE WHILE YOU HAVE IT!!

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post

Oh I think a disruptive campaign highlighting the concerns of a minority are a great idea. I'd be a damned sight more disruptive than that, wall to wall bikes smack in the CBD Monday AM would be the least of it.

"We're being discriminated against" is the problem, all the rest of the road using public will hear is "Wah, wah." You need an explicit, specific and short message, delivered as unambiguously and as indiscreetly as possible.

In the case of Wgtn it would have to be based around the right to buy a car park the same as everyone else, and civil disobedience based around making as many car parks unavailable as possible would be entirely appropriate, easily understood, easily justified and easily sold.
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    a red heap
    [QUOTE=Fatt Max;1130781767]..... MAG only have a presence on Facebook ......QUOTE]

so they are a Facebook action group then?

makes sense.

Thread Information