Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New to sportsbike - Correct seating position?

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NightRaven View Post
    Will take the bike out of town once the weather clears up
    The faster you go ... the less weight on your wrists. A head wind will take weight off your wrists too ...

Ride in the rain ... you'll be thinking of more important issues than sore wrists.
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    2018 Triump Street Triple 765 rs
    I will add at this point.
    One thing to start you off is to ride with your tips of feet on the footpegs and a slight pressure on them.
    You will be surprised at how this can take the strain off wrists. Once again, Cakifornia Superbike will show you the rest.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk
    Trumpydom!

Bike
    TF125
    Quote Originally Posted by NightRaven
    Correct Seating position?
    On top of the seat's a good start. Did you ask this many questions when you started having sex or is that yet to come?

Bike
    A black one
    Grip the tank with your legs, lean forward a bit so that your forearms are as parallel to the ground as possible whilst still being comfortable, engage your core a little so that you don't strain your back so much.

My wrists were sore at the start but I got used to it and tweaking your weight distribution whilist riding really helps sort that out.

Now I tend to get a sore back after riding for too long, but that comes with the riding position. I find that I can go an hour or so before needing to take a 5 mins break. A back protector can also help support your back a bit.

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Tis a tricky business getting it set up right if you have dimensions or style outside of the norm for that bike. Bar/peg/seat/control position all come into it; things like moving footpegs can decrease pressure on the wrists...

Quote Originally Posted by Madness View Post
    On top of the seat's a good start. Did you ask this many questions when you started having sex or is that yet to come?
    Tis a honda you know, probably couldn't talk with his mouth full
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    You are overthinking this shit too much.

Get some kms under your belt
    I saw Rossi riding side saddle earlier today.

Bike
    bandit
    Quote Originally Posted by NightRaven View Post
    Hi Guys, so I have recently acquired a 2008 Honda CBR600RR instead of the R6, and even though the 600RR is more friendly and easier to ride than the R6 I'm still trying to find out the "correct" riding position, so to not to fatique oneself so easily and get wrist pain.

From what I can pick up on the last thread I made is that I have been pushing down on the handlebars too much - how does one avoid doing this? going chicken wings/bending the elbows slightly and gripping the tank with the thighs?

I did try using my shoulder and back to support the body instead but then on roads with lots of stops it end up giving me one hell of a back pain instead - maybe theres something wrong with the way I sit on the bike as I was resting my body on the tank? (lol)

So yeah I am a total noob when it comes to the aggressive riding position but i'm pretty much wanting to figure out the right riding position. Can anyone give me a pointer for this sorry noob here?

Rather than speculating I'd rather ask the more experienced sportsbike rider here.

Previously I have been riding CBR250R most of the time.

Thanks in advance!
    Get some speed up . then the wind will hold you up ..
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    YZF-R6
    I found the best way for me to learn to keep my weight of my hands was to practice riding with one hand, resting my left arm on the tank. You'll want to be careful picking where to do this if you choose to learn this way until you get comfortable with it as it can probably be quite dangerous.

Nobody told me to try this, I just happened to be following a certain KBer who is forced to ride one handed and noticed that it doesn't seem to effect his ability to control his bike so I tried doing it and now I don't have any problem at all riding a sport bike for hours, can spend entire days riding my old R6 with only stopping for fuel, by theend of it my arms aren't really tired at all but my thighs would be killing me.

Bike
    GSX1300R
    Like others have said, time on the bike. I have made some changes to my bike (Helibars, changed the foam in the seat) but just extending the time I ride really helped the most. I started out doing 4 hour rides and worked up from there. I been on the bike for 12 hours with only a couple of small breaks, just work up to it.

Leavers, I have ordered a set of more adjustable leavers, but thats more to do with a old hand injury. It could help if you do a lot of inner city/congested road rides.

I just fitted a throttle lock. if you are doing longer out of city rides this will help a lot.

Bike
    The pirate bike. Arr-arr!
    I just fitted a throttle lock. if you are doing longer out of city rides this will help a lot
    I got one these from fastbikegear.

F'n love it. do lots of long rides and it lets the hand relax and just rest on this to maintain speed. Cheep too.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	throttle handle.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	8.3 KB 
ID:	304421

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Arse down.
    Facing forward.
    Feet on peggy things.
    Hands on stick things.

GO!
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    A big Wheel, and a sponge bob scooter :P
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    Arse down.
    Facing forward.
    Feet on peggy things.
    Hands on stick things.

...GO!
    DAAAAMMIT!!!

...I gotta stop skipping steps

When Life thows me a curve
    ...I lean into it!

Bike
    Old Blue, Little blue
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    Arse down.
    Facing forward.
    Feet on peggy things.
    Hands on stick things.

GO!
    What he said.
    You had an R6 - I don't see a CBR600 would be much different.
    Angle of clipons is important - Bimotas are a bastard for this - The Tesi almost killed my wrists after 200m!
    “- He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.”

Bike
    So old you won't care
    When I first got the ancient LeMans I found the clip ons and rear sets and rock hard seat 'difficult'...

An aussie mate advised me. Yes, you can fit higher bars which will take some weight off the wrists but then your back will hurt so std foot rests off the tourer will relieve the hips slightly. Putting softer springs in the carbs helps too. Now you can do more miles and your bum will hurt. The seat is more difficult but a new softer one can be purchased...

But stand back and look at that lovely Italian classic sports bike.... It says LeMans on the side - its a feckin mans bike mate - it even says so on the side so take a concrete pill and just ride the bloody thing....

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by nodrog View Post
    try this
    You hot.

Last edited by Gremlin; 24th October 2014 at 11:56. Reason: Quoted Embedded Media Removed

Thread Information