Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New speed restriction trials

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by haydes55 View Post
    What is wrong with the bureaucrat that decided a few stripes of red paint will prevent crashes? Reckon if we elect someone like Greg Murphy to work as transport minister things would change?
    Hell no. He might be fast on a track but none of that relates to real safety on public roads. Now the overly officious clerk of the course at any race circuit, now that's who you want in charge. Someone who understands consequences for failing to act.
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    Here's another example of same nonsense, this time with red paint on the road!!!!!!!!!!!!! http://www.stuff.co.nz/motoring/news...onfuse-drivers
    Obviously a Split Enz fan - I see red, I see red, I see red. Wondered what the hell they were for, honestly what a waaaassste of everybody's time and effort (and money) that looks like. These guys are geniuses!

What with judder bars everywhere and no more discretionary right turns (so you sit for ages on a red arrow when there's nothing coming the other way) it's not surprising the traffic is slowing down so much and congestion is getting worse. I smell consultants...all care and no responsibility. How many traffic lights are there in New Lynn again? Morons.
    Moe: Well, I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I...I can't compete with that stuff.
    - The Simpsons

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by willytheekid View Post
    ...Oh well, guess it won't be long till they have pissed off EVERYONE in NZ with there High-Tech revenue collection,
    and then what? they'll park up in ponsonby and have a fucking venti white mocha frappe in protest?

NZ are sheep. remember, this is advertised as "for your own good" and 99% of un-zudders are stupid enough to believe it. not to mention the 80% of fuckwits who crash modern vehicles in good weather and still manage to fuck up someone's day.

Bike
    Kate
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    and then what? they'll park up in ponsonby and have a fucking venti white mocha frappe in protest?

NZ are sheep. remember, this is advertised as "for your own good" and 99% of un-zudders are stupid enough to believe it. not to mention the 80% of fuckwits who crash modern vehicles in good weather and still manage to fuck up someone's day.
    And your suggestion is? Do nothing as long as it doesn't affect you, right?

I have no problem with them being advisory but there is no way they should be regulatory. A road has a maximum speed, the speed limit, reduction come under driving to the conditions and should only be advisory as some fat controller sitting on his fat arse can't adjust the signs to the conditions as quickly as the person on the road, can't measure them the same neither.
    Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people. --- Unknown sage

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by oneofsix View Post
    And your suggestion is? Do nothing as long as it doesn't affect you, right?
    what suggestion needed??
    Let fuckwits kill themselves, hell, help them out.

Bike
    Valkyrie 1500 ,HD softail, BMW r1150r
    We accept the treatment we think we deserve......

various populations on this globe really know how to protest, and disrupt daily life....

not NZ....

we just bend over and accept...

whinge like fuck...

but accepting we do.....
    Opinions are like arseholes: Everybody has got one, but that doesn't mean you got to air it in public all the time....

Bike
    Nothing yet
    I'm assuming those red stripes are only at stop signs, so are there to help the blind see that they need to stop, not give way.

I wonder what those are like to stop at for bikes though.

Bike
    Mine
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Steve View Post
    It's a case of the few who can't ride responsibly ruining a wonderful piece of road for the rest of us.
    Yes, and no.

While it is true that if EVERY rider riding to the conditions (which includes their own ability) the idiot safety zealots would have no excuse for their stupidity it is also true that if the idiot safety zealot would just mind their own damn business we wouldn't have a problem.

OUR problem (the responsible riders that is) is directly attributable to the safety zealots' meadling and only indirectly to the bad riders.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin (1706-90)

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending to much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"Motorcycling is not inherently dangerous. It is, however, EXTREMELY unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence and stupidity!" - Anonymous

"Live to Ride, Ride to Live"

Bike
    Mine
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    Hell no. He might be fast on a track but none of that relates to real safety on public roads. Now the overly officious clerk of the course at any race circuit, now that's who you want in charge. Someone who understands consequences for failing to act.
    Mr. Murphy is the biggest idiot safety zealot I've seen. He doesn't even understand basic physics.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin (1706-90)

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending to much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"Motorcycling is not inherently dangerous. It is, however, EXTREMELY unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence and stupidity!" - Anonymous

Bike
    aprilia Tuono
    France has two speed limits on highways. One for dry weather one for wet. They've had it for years
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen" Douglas Adams (1952-2001) - not riding a TUONO then!

Bike
    aprilia Tuono
    There's 22 signs in that short site so you can't really miss them if they do change
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen" Douglas Adams (1952-2001) - not riding a TUONO then!

Bike
    Mine
    Quote Originally Posted by yevjenko View Post
    France has two speed limits on highways. One for dry weather one for wet. They've had it for years
    That's a damn sight simpler than what's happening here. Pretty easy to look at the road and see that it's wet.

Quote Originally Posted by yevjenko View Post
    There's 22 signs in that short site so you can't really miss them if they do change
    From what I read there'll only be three electronic signs in this trial.

Bike
    1999 Yamaha R1
    Way past time for a road tunnel. Nothing they can do will ever make the road on the west side safe.

Bike
    It was on the good
    Yay, bring back Limited Speed Zones. They worked so well they are all over the place these days..........

Quote Originally Posted by nerrrd View Post
    I smell consultants...all care and no responsibility.
    Ha ha, go and get fucked. We tell them what they want to hear and you pay us $200 an hour.

Bike
    aprilia Tuono
    Quote Originally Posted by swbarnett View Post
    That's a damn sight simpler than what's happening here. Pretty easy to look at the road and see that it's wet.

From what I read there'll only be three electronic signs in this trial.
    From the linked article:

The 22 electronic signs will be installed along the steepest stretch of the high-accident Kaimai road linking Waikato and the Bay of Plenty from March, with the trial set to run for two years.

Thread Information