Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Balls

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries

Balls

It's a pretty fucking horrible realisation to come to when you start looking for a bike after a break from riding, that the only thing that falls into your price bracket and peculiar comfort requirements is a fucking Bandit or an equally as hideous Teapot.

MAy as well do what all the other broken, middle-aged fuckwits do and take up "mountain" biking.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    Austrian and Italian
    Lord knows you could do with the exercise. But you'll probably hit some wildlife on that too.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Do they make recumbent "mountain" bikes?
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    72 Kawasaki A7, 05 Kawasaki W650
    I don't understand the complaint - the Bandit and the teapot are both excellent bikes. Maybe not the most thrilling thing out there, but it beats walking (or driving a car).

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Sort of bike I wouldn't lament not putting the sidestand down on or bothering to change the oil. Or garking the swingarm with a slack chain. Or backing into in the garage.

Bike
    '09 Bandit 1250s
    Them 750 katanas look pretty ugly, but so cheap. And you don't have to look at yourself when you're riding. Plus you're too old to worry about trying to pick up chicks.

Bike
    Its a Boat
    I am in the same position, do I look for a decent touring bike for us both or buy a $5-6K bike to have a bit of fun on. Been off bikes now for a while and there's an 05 Speed Triple just down the road that floats my boat..

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/moto...-795883657.htm

Really would like a K1200GT though.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by haydes55 View Post
    Them 750 katanas look pretty ugly, but so cheap. And you don't have to look at yourself when you're riding. Plus you're too old to worry about trying to pick up chicks.
    I have to look at myself in the mirror, knowing I have a teapot in garage. You do it.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    I am in the same position, do I look for a decent touring bike for us both or buy a $5-6K bike to have a bit of fun on. Been off bikes now for a while and there's an 05 Speed Triple just down the road that floats my boat..

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/moto...-795883657.htm

Really would like a K1200GT though.
    Tried a really nice VTR1000 a mate is thinking of selling, thinking I'd be able to cope with an "old man's" sportsbike, but the pain, the pain.

That model of Speed Triple is my favourite but a bit much for a tiny budget and not many "Nuclear Red" ones come up.

Bike
    Its a Boat
    I should just buy it but I don't have anywhere to store it, plus not having the fricken time to get out and ride is a bitch, but things may work out in that department sooner rather than later. Keep looking Jim, summit ill turn up.

Bike
    A big Wheel, and a sponge bob scooter :P
    Pfft, You can afford the best sport tourer ever made

...they maybe 18yrs old, but they still do EVERYTHING so close to perfect, you will be asking yourself "why the fuck didn't I buy one 18yrs ago?"

(And for the record...they can certainly! still keep the modern bikes sweating on a twisty, bumpy NZ road)

Hands down, the BEST bike I have ever owned for daily use, abuse, fun and touring...and its does it all with a V4 growl to die for! (Once ya sort the muffler out lol)

-Look past the flash plastic modern bikes and start looking at the proven old school rides...they didn't get all those awards for nothing!, and there more bang for your buck!

...find me better all rounder!...I double dare ya!!

When Life thows me a curve
    ...I lean into it!

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    I have another friend demanding that I look at gear-driven cam VFR750/800s and largely ignore mileage and age in preference to condition. He has a list of simple and affordable mods to perform as well. A classic Honda, whilst gay, is infinitely prefereable to either a bloody Bandit or terrible Teapot.

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    I have another friend demanding that I look at gear-driven cam VFR750/800s and largely ignore mileage and age in preference to condition. He has a list of simple and affordable mods to perform as well. A classic Honda, whilst gay, is infinitely prefereable to either a bloody Bandit or terrible Teapot.
    Yeh I've heard the same recommendations about em. Don't seem to come up for sale too often either which is probably an encouraging sign of the suitability.
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    That model of Speed Triple is my favourite but a bit much for a tiny budget and not many "Nuclear Red" ones come up.
    Try one of these

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/moto...-793604114.htm

And go British racing green

Quote Jan 2020 Posted by Katman

Life would be so much easier if you addressed questions with a simple answer.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Murray View Post
    Try one of these

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/moto...-793604114.htm

And go British racing green

That's not yours by any chance?

Looks lovely. Probably roomy enough for a family of 5.

Thread Information