Page 92 of 274 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142192 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 4108

Thread: MotoGP 2015

Bike
    less than I used to have
    Quote Originally Posted by McWild View Post

Moto2 feels out of place, stock engines in almost uniform chassis, racing under teams that draw little emotion.

...^^^^^^^^^^^^...

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Moto2 is the exact opposite of grand prix racing.

All three classes are too ham strung I think, but moto2 is a joke.

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Warr View Post
    Whats with the Automaic renewal
    Check often and make sure the auto renew is unticked. Otherwise you could be up for lots of dollars you didn't want to spend.
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    The 8 hour is important to the factories so these three should be in with the in crowd at Yamaha tonight.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	yamaharacingcom_2015-Jul-26.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	139.6 KB 
ID:	313986  
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    Apparently Stefan Bradl has left Forward Racing
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Bike
    R100GSPD
    from moto gp .com re forward racing to miss indy

Both the Moto2™ and MotoGP™ teams to miss the Indianapolis round as Forward Racing refocuses.
    In the aftermath of the arrest and the charges against Giovanni Cuzari, director and owner of Forward Racing, the team has focused on limiting the possible consequences of this situation, in order to continue its sport activity and to end the current season, following also the desire of Giovanni.
    Unfortunately, the reaction of the sponsors, the main source of income of an independent team, was immediate and resolute. Inevitably some of them canceled the existing contracts and interrupted payments, creating further financial troubles that could jeopardize completely the surviving of the team.
    Recent days have therefore focused on rebuilding sponsor relationships, Forward Racing able to reach a consensus to regain some vital economic aid to cover the costs of the upcoming races. New processes of collection and payment were activated, the economic admin was rebuilt and new operational modalities were agreed with the Public Prosecutor of Lugano (Procura di Lugano).
    The primary aim to start again and to protect the interests of our riders, engineers, contractors and supplies led to an agreement with IRTA, the International Racing Teams Association, not to deploy race at the start of the Red Bull Indianapolis Grand Prix on August 9th, in order to gather all the resources and to better organize the upcoming rounds.
    This painful decision was necessary in order to try to ensure participation in the World Championship until the end of the season. The work of the team will continue with the aim to get back on track at Brno for the bwin Grand Prix České republiky scheduled for August 16th.
    Marco Curioni – Managing director: “It was a very difficult week for the Forward Racing. Only in the last hours we have glimpsed the real possibility of overcome this situation. I hope to have Giovanni - who until proven to the contrary he is correct to assume innocent - soon with us and available to find a solution. In this dark moment, several "partners" and "friends" have understandably distanced himself from the team and then for this reason I want to thank those who are helping us: Dorna and IRTA gave us full support from the beginning, all members of the team that they gave their unconditional support and those sponsors and the new companies - that despite the objective concerns - gave us confidence and are interpreting the meaning of sponsorship in the original reason: financial aid to allow the athlete to realize his talent".

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    A bit more

Forward Racing boss Giovanni Cuzari has been arrested on suspicion of bribery, fraud and money laundering through sponsorship activities in Switzerland.

The accusations throw the future of Forward Racing into serious jeopardy. The team is one of the largest in the MotoGP paddock, running Stefan Bradl and Loris Baz in MotoGP on Yamaha YZR-M1 machines, and Simone Corsi and Lorenzo Baldasari in Moto2 on Kalex-framed machines.

Cuzari is accused of bribing a local tax inspector, Libero Galli, to ensure favors were handed out to Cuzari’s company, Media Action Group. Galli has been charged with abuse of authority, passive corruption and improper application of fiscal regulations.

As it stands, both Cuzari and Galli’s assets and bank accounts have been frozen while they remain under arrest. Cuzari is due to face a local magistrate’s court to determine if he will remain under arrest or released as the investigation into links between himself and Galli continues.

As Cuzari’s and therefore Forward Racing’s access to funds have been frozen, it remains to be seen whether they will be competing at the next round of the MotoGP World Championship at Indianapolis on August 7-9.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    On Twitter Bradl has been linked with Aprilia. Not likely to ride immediately but to start at the next test.

Update. Things are apparently moving quite quickly, an announcement is expected soon and Bradl could yet be on an Aprilia at Indy.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    That seems to be settled then...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stefanbradl_2015-Aug-02.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	165.3 KB 
ID:	314323  

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    So predictions for this weekend...

I'm thinking that the Honda's will be battling for first depending on Dani's fitness/mindset of course. The Ducati's should do well with their power VS the Yams so perhaps we might see them dicing with the Yamaha lads. Crazy Joe for 3rd maybe?

Just did a check on the odds as they stand (I don't bet so this may be wrong) but Dani Pedrosa is paying $10 for the race win. Might be worth a wager for some of the betting types on here, he holds all the current lap records there and has won there twice in Motogp I think. That and I'm his number 1 fan of course.

Been away in Canada for a month n only just watched the German GP. Marquez is looking very good, wonder how the points would stack up if he won all the upcoming races with Pedrosa Lorenzo and Rossi taking points out of each other? I should email Nick Harris and ask him to work it out.

Edit: Ignore the lap records part, was looking at dudd google info, tis Marquez with the records.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Sachsenring and Indy are regarded as "Honda" tracks. I'd put money on Pedrosa to come 2nd. 1st happens, but seldom when expected.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    Ones that do skids
    I think Lorenzo's going to crush the second half of the season a la 2013, and piss off a whole lot of 7th Day Rossi-ventists. As if he thought he wasn't already unpopular enough.

Wouldn't surprise me at all to see him run away with this one, Indy's never been a place for last lap battles (to my memory anyway).

Edit: And Marquez will probably crash.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by McWild View Post

Edit: And Marquez will probably crash.
    Highly unlikely and highly unlikely that he won't win.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    Ones that do skids
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    Highly unlikely and highly unlikely that he won't win.
    I'll bet you 5 internet reputation points he stacks it.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Since Marquez changed back to the 2014 frame he can at least feel what the front end is doing and has so far managed not to bin it.

If MM does win at Indy it could make the second half of the season even more interesting, although Lorenzo and Rossi would both have to DNF on a number of occasions for Marquez to get close in the championship. If the Honda riders or a Ducati finish in front of the Yamahas it reduces the points available to Lorenzo and Rossi making it more difficult for JL to catch up or 46 to increase his lead.

There could still be lots to play for when they get to Phillip Island.

Let's know what Nick Harris decides in case I've been listening to the ambient sound?

Thread Information