Page 82 of 274 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132182 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 4108

Thread: MotoGP 2015

Bike
    '14 Multistrada 1200S
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    MM has mostly regained the speed from the braking marker into the apex.That where he seems to be able to close in on anyone,and indeed where he tried to pass on the last corner,i couldnt beleive he came from so far back .
    I think VR will have two men trying to beat him now,and one will try at any cost
    Quote Originally Posted by Mental Trousers View Post
    Rossi was getting on the power much earlier than Marquez because MM's entry and corner speed were higher. So the roles have reversed to some extent. It used to be the Honda that got on the power earlier and the Yamaha carried corner speed.
    yeah MM had the medium front compared to both Yam's using the soft so he could brake a bit harder and more confidently into the corners

Quote Originally Posted by vifferman View Post
    And the other thing - he knows no superlatives other than adding "so so" in front of something, like "So so important", or "So so quick" or whatever. (And some of the other commentators have started copying him! AAAaarrrrgh!)
    Perhaps I could buy a cheap dictionary,cut out a whole bunch of words for him, sellotape them to a piece of cardboard, and he could practice using them in the off-season? Or between races?
    And I bet he's paid so so much for being crap at his job.
    Quote Originally Posted by steveyb View Post
    He has even made an effort to get Bastianini's name right, but still can't manage it.
    ARRGGHH!!!! Nick Harris, someone save me from his drivel!! I quite often hook up the BT Sport transmission via cricfree and play that sound while watching the normal pictures from Sky lol works pretty well
    F M S

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Quote Originally Posted by yod View Post

ARRGGHH!!!! Nick Harris, someone save me from his drivel!! I quite often hook up the BT Sport transmission via cricfree and play that sound while watching the normal pictures from Sky lol works pretty well
    I'm gonna have a go at that myself now.
    I'm always muting the fucking TV or winding the Vol way down to avoid hearing the twat.

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    Prolight 250,XR4hundy
    Quote Originally Posted by GD66 View Post
    When watching on commoner tv I always dip the sound with about four to go 'cos I won't let that knob jockey destroy things once again for me. I looked at that video pass because of the options which originally included POV from all bikes, selection of cameras and shutting off the commentary totally but the system had a fair few glitches in its first year with lots of subscriber complaints so I held off. So can you give us an up-to-date review of how it has worked for you this year then, Puddy ?
    Because that is one feature that REALLY appeals after too many years of teeth-grinding...
    Unfortunately I'm still on budget pass......mainly because I'm on Vodascam vodem & its speed is all over the place like a mad women's shit....so I too are wary of paying more for something that might not work.
    May try it next season as there's a lot of racing being missed in all the classes.
    And Vodafuck might actually have improved its marginal service & may even have a website that is designed to actually help you pay your fucking bill, or see your usage if you can get past the first 3 pages of their adds.
    Customer service ?:harumph: They make it nearly impossible to get any.

Bike
    R100GSPD
    the 36 six year old italian

the 22 year old Spaniard

cant he think of anyother way of describing them?

Every third sentence has Valentino Rossi in it

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post

Sounds like when I shouted and pissed myself laughing when Rossi knocked Marquez off, or when Marquez fell off the last round. Wife was sitting beside me and actually jumped as I shouted..
    Yeah, I got a bollocking from the missus for being so vocal.. The neighbour mentioned it today, too. "Everything ok with the Whanau bro? I heard you shouting."

Re commentary disabling on the video pass. I will give it a shot at Ze Sachsenring and let ewes know. Been a bit shy of playing around with the settings, cameras and stuff. First & only time I did I lost about 3 laps of a moto3 race. Tried to replay something from a different camera which worked but took awhile to figure out how to get back to live. I am pretty thick, though.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    400 Husqvarna vmx
    Hey, me too !

Fingers crossed, meanwhile I might try the BT Sport/cricfree method, anything would be a welcome improvement. Mediocre commentary abounds in all facets of motorsport though, some of the stuff on the Goodwood Festival live feed during the weekend was agonising...

Bike
    Nowt any more

MotoGP.com settings

When you are on live feed you can actually click back on the timeline and replay from any time.
    When you do that the small LIVE button down on the bottom righthand corner will come up RED.
    You replay what you want then click on that to go back to the live feed.
    But yes, if your b'band is a bit fragile then that can all get a bit iffy.
    I tried the no commentary setting, but frankly I have gotten used to Harris' shit now and Birty is quite OK. So I could not watch it without the commentators.
    They both get shit wrong or don't see shit, but at least Matt does see most of it and indicates such.
    I guess he is not allowed to shout and jump up and down. Apparently Dylan got into trouble for commentating over top of the grid announcement or something, so they have commentating rules.
    But I really wonder how Harris keeps his job really.
    On that note, have you seen the Parc Ferme manager hustling the riders around and making them stand up straight and all that??
    Can see why Casey chucked it in if that is just the tip of the iceberg.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." John Ono Lennon.

"If you have never stared off into the distance then your life is a shame." Counting Crows

"The girls were in tight dresses, just like sweets in cellophane" Joe Jackson

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Aaaah, cheers. Going back on the timeline is what flummoxed me.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    I looked at that video pass because of the options which originally included POV from all bikes, selection of cameras and shutting off the commentary totally but the system had a fair few glitches in its first year with lots of subscriber complaints so I held off.
    At the half way point of the season they usually offer a half price subscription. According to my calculation there is just the one round to go, Sachsenring being the ninth round. Their subscriptions usually expire the day after the final round IIRC, so don't waste time waiting to watch the last race.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    89 GS500, 89 ZXR400, 93 RGV250, 14 MT07
    Spotted these on Bookface earlier:

Bike
    400 Husqvarna vmx
    Quote Originally Posted by steveyb View Post
    frankly I have gotten used to Harris' shit now and Birty is quite OK. So I could not watch it without the commentators.They both get shit wrong or don't see shit, but at least Matt does see most of it and indicates such.

Yep, Birt is quite acceptable, and actually Dylan Grey the pit lane sleuth is worth his wage as well (unlike some of his predecessors). Couldn't generate any enthusiasm for Gavin Emmett in spite of numerous people telling me what a great bloke he is. But it's very irritating that Harris is still honking his inanities at Assen while Toby Moody is doing fill for the Goodwood Festival live stream.
    Really all we need them to do is to keep us apprised of the gaps and the laps, because guess what lads, we can see what's happening on the same screen you call the race from. In fact, we undoubtedly have a bigger, better, brighter screen than the trackside monitor you use. It would also be nice to hear the bikes winding up a couple of gears from time to time instead of the incessant commentary for the blind we get hammered with. Sob...

Bike
    2001 RC46
    Blog Entries
    Assen gave me another new reason to get annoyed with the common taters; their mangling of the names of the corners. Four of the five people and two hounds that rattle round our house have Dutch nationality/citizenship (dogs are presumably half French), and I asked the senior one (person, not mongrel) about it.
    As I thought - Ramshoek is not "ramshock", but pronounced more like "rahms hoke" (literally, "ram's corner", from when sheep used to graze on the grass between race events).
    It would also be nice to hear the bikes winding up a couple of gears from time to time instead of the incessant commentary for the blind we get hammered with. Sob...
    I dunno if they're just old, or their commentary IS still used for radio, but it sounds as though their commentary (especially Harris) is aimed for radio coverage. But, like you, I wish he'd STFU at times.
    ... and that's what I think.

Or summat.

Or maybe not...

Dunno really....

Bike
    Blade '12
    There's a video on MotoGP.com that shows a bit more of the battle for fifth... just whets the appetite unfortunately.

http://www.motogp.com/en/video_updat...dutchgp/179234

Bike
    '14 Multistrada 1200S
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    the 36 six year old italian

the 22 year old Spaniard

cant he think of anyother way of describing them?

Every third sentence has Valentino Rossi in it
    You left out "the nine...times...world...champion..."
    F M S

Bike
    Between bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    The neighbour mentioned it today, too. "Everything ok with the Whanau bro? I heard you shouting."
    Pretty cool to have a neighbour that checks on shit like that though. How many these days would turn a blind eye.
    "It's hard to keep an open mind, when so many people are trying to put things in it"

Thread Information