Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 4108

Thread: MotoGP 2015

Bike
    Blade '12
    Boy Assen suits the moto3 boys

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    And GF asked about horsepower. I haven't read anything about power but MMs handling problems have pretty much gone because he changed back to last year's chassis for Assen.

Rossi's crew reportedly found a different set up that his given him better handling at the last two GPs.
    Yeah, MM had a bike he knew he could push and Rossi obviously something he likes. Nothing in it on the straights to my blurry eye. Could be corner exit speed, drive, or a few more ponies discreetly added to Yamaha's package. Erm, having said that, is it allowed...? Not sure of the rules on engine modification mid season.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    Prolight 250,XR4hundy
    It really is quite amazing how much a "new" setting can make to a bikes performance....its like a magical balancing act to me.
    Rossi seemed to be able to hold his own into & out of the corners, whereas to me Marky seemed to gain a lot thru the mid part of the corner.
    Almost like a reversal of what was considered the norm of the two bikes of last year.
    But fuck, what do I know.
    What I do know though is that the racing has been fantastic & Im glad I got the Motogp pass.. Its like Xmas every 2 weeks...

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by puddytat View Post
    It really is quite amazing how much a "new" setting can make to a bikes performance....its like a magical balancing act to me.
    Rossi seemed to be able to hold his own into & out of the corners, whereas to me Marky seemed to gain a lot thru the mid part of the corner.
    Almost like a reversal of what was considered the norm of the two bikes of last year.
    But fuck, what do I know.
    What I do know though is that the racing has been fantastic & Im glad I got the Motogp pass.. Its like Xmas every 2 weeks...
    MM has mostly regained the speed from the braking marker into the apex.That where he seems to be able to close in on anyone,and indeed where he tried to pass on the last corner,i couldnt beleive he came from so far back .
    I think VR will have two men trying to beat him now,and one will try at any cost

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    Could be corner exit speed, drive, or a few more ponies discreetly added to Yamaha's package. Erm, having said that, is it allowed...? Not sure of the rules on engine modification mid season.
    Ummm from memory all of the engines are sealed at the start fo the season. There was a recent article somewhere about the efforts the organisers take to prevent cheating.

Meanwhile a few days ago David Emmett posted this which includes info on Marquez' and Rossi's bikes:
    https://motomatters.com/analysis/201...ossi_s_as.html
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    I was getting a bit irked with MM's bin or win attitude but in hindsight ewes fullas are bang on. He can't bugger off this season and the big boys play just as rough and probably smarter. Rossi is a legend because of his give all attitude, if he thinks he can pull it off he will try. MM will surely become more refined and faster as his experience grows. He freely admits Rossi is his hero and no doubt is trying to emulate the master.
    Bradley Smith's quote sums up exactly what I thought at the end of the race. Rossi had his options very well planned. Long may it continue, perfect season for me to spring for a video pass.

Oh, been meaning to ask. Does the Yamaha look quicker? I didn't see any horsepower advantage for MM from my armchair perspective.
    Yam has better drive out of the corners from my eyes negating any horsepower advantage the Honda or Ducati may have. I think it would be a case of power where you need it rather than less/more horsepower.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Power is nothing without control, eh?
    Manopausal.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    "With great power comes great wheel spin" - Autech 2015

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Yam has better drive out of the corners from my eyes negating any horsepower advantage the Honda or Ducati may have. I think it would be a case of power where you need it rather than less/more horsepower.
    Rossi was getting on the power much earlier than Marquez because MM's entry and corner speed were higher. So the roles have reversed to some extent. It used to be the Honda that got on the power earlier and the Yamaha carried corner speed.
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    2001 RC46
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Badjelly View Post
    I quite like Nick Harris, but the fact that all the criticisms in your rant are true makes me wonder why :-)
    And the other thing - he knows no superlatives other than adding "so so" in front of something, like "So so important", or "So so quick" or whatever. (And some of the other commentators have started copying him! AAAaarrrrgh!)
    Perhaps I could buy a cheap dictionary,cut out a whole bunch of words for him, sellotape them to a piece of cardboard, and he could practice using them in the off-season? Or between races?
    And I bet he's paid so so much for being crap at his job.
    ... and that's what I think.

Or summat.

Or maybe not...

Dunno really....

Bike
    Nowt any more
    He has even made an effort to get Bastianini's name right, but still can't manage it.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." John Ono Lennon.

"If you have never stared off into the distance then your life is a shame." Counting Crows

"The girls were in tight dresses, just like sweets in cellophane" Joe Jackson

Bike
    KTM 250exc
    Quote Originally Posted by vifferman View Post
    ... (And some of the other commentators have started copying him! AAAaarrrrgh!)
    When Matt started saying 'classic'.... Fuck...

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk

Bike
    Prolight 250,XR4hundy
    I like the wee button that gets rid of that shit & all I hear is a fucking loud racket of motors & crowd.
    The missus gets a tad pissed off because she's trying to sleep & 'cause I have earphones on, I get a bit loud with out realising...

Bike
    400 Husqvarna vmx
    When watching on commoner tv I always dip the sound with about four to go 'cos I won't let that knob jockey destroy things once again for me. I looked at that video pass because of the options which originally included POV from all bikes, selection of cameras and shutting off the commentary totally but the system had a fair few glitches in its first year with lots of subscriber complaints so I held off. So can you give us an up-to-date review of how it has worked for you this year then, Puddy ?
    Because that is one feature that REALLY appeals after too many years of teeth-grinding...

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by Mental Trousers View Post
    Rossi was getting on the power much earlier than Marquez because MM's entry and corner speed were higher. So the roles have reversed to some extent. It used to be the Honda that got on the power earlier and the Yamaha carried corner speed.
    Especially Dani Pedrosa who's riding style was to get the bike stood up and yeehaww out of a corner.

Quote Originally Posted by puddytat View Post
    I like the wee button that gets rid of that shit & all I hear is a fucking loud racket of motors & crowd.
    The missus gets a tad pissed off because she's trying to sleep & 'cause I have earphones on, I get a bit loud with out realising...
    Sounds like when I shouted and pissed myself laughing when Rossi knocked Marquez off, or when Marquez fell off the last round. Wife was sitting beside me and actually jumped as I shouted. Next round is going to be something epic I think, not sure how I am going to watch it as I am going to be in Canada for the next month.

Thread Information