Page 28 of 274 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2015

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Crutchlow and Espargro WOW good shit

Yamaha Oh Dear?
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Somebody asked a question about Nick Harris' new co-commentator; it is Matthew Birt. I don't know exactly what he was doing previously but he was somewhere around the GP scene. As @birtymotogp he has over 36,000 followers on twitter of which I have been one for the last few years. That picture I posted of the new tyre colour coding system was from him.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Sometimes we have criticised the commentators for missing things we see on our TV screens. This photo by Matthew Birt of his new office at Qatar will go some way to explain why we see things they don't.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CBB4-x_WwAAC2U6.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	41.7 KB 
ID:	310296  
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Hornet 900
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Somebody asked a question about Nick Harris' new co-commentator; it is Matthew Birt. I don't know exactly what he was doing previously but he was somewhere around the GP scene. As @birtymotogp he has over 36,000 followers on twitter of which I have been one for the last few years. That picture I posted of the new tyre colour coding system was from him.
    They replaced the wrong commentator.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kendog View Post
    Indeed. Didn't know "Stiction" was a word used to describe the action of suspension binding under loads extreme enough to make it flex whilst moving through its stroke.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    Indeed. Didn't know "Stiction" was a word used to describe the action of suspension binding under loads extreme enough to make it flex whilst moving through its stroke.
    It gets used in suspension talk all the time.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    As Drew said. I think it's to deal with stiction that some of the fancy coatings are used on the Ohlins forks.

Bike
    2001 RC46
    Blog Entries
    Whelp, I've sorta got my MotoGP watching sorted oot. No Sky for us - I'm not forking out $48/month or whatever, given that MotoGP's basically all I'm interested in. Even the $150 or whatever was a stretch, and I wouldn't have bothered iffen the Vifferbabe hadn't said OK.
    After testing it successfully doonstairs on #2 Son's PC and ridonculously enormous flat-screen, I spend ages fookn aroond trying to get it to work on the upstairs TV and wifie's notebook. Ran fine on the notebook, but every time I plugged the HDMI cable in, the screen went blank. Some fuktupshit with chipsets or somesuch. Even though #2's an electronics and computer genius, he called his younger graphics programming sibling upstairs to mock us for not buying better TVs, notebooks etc. then basically said, "Nah it's fukt." So, we have to watch it in the cavern. Still, that means no fuckinaboot with setup, and we get a bigger screen. Just no decent stereo surround sounds to go widdit. Oh well. Better'n watching it on my laptop (which isn't even widescreen).
    ... and that's what I think.

Or summat.

Or maybe not...

Dunno really....

Bike
    KTM 250exc
    Quote Originally Posted by Kendog View Post
    I suspect in time we will hear them fighting over the microphone.

I have to say I appreciate Matt's efforts to pronounce names clearly. Some of them sound completely different...

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by speights_bud View Post
    I have to say I appreciate Matt's efforts to pronounce names clearly. Some of them sound completely different...
    He still pronounces Espagaro incorrectly, but at least it's only the emphasis rather than missing or adding complete syllables.
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    400 Husqvarna vmx
    Finally, some backup! I have been mounting a seemingly-lone attack for years trying to knife that fuckwit Harris : it's not just his inept calling, or the fact that he is a soundalike for Zippy from Rainbow, or that he misses passes for positions for up to and including a lap, or that he ignores signs like marshals running in the background and whacking out a yellow, or that he steadfastly refuses to criticise Dorna in any way, but the twin facts that from lap 2 of the first round in spite of calling every potential pass one that controls "vital championship points", he chooses to make no effort at all to ever increase his math skills, as soon as a points question comes up he throws his hands in the air and says, "well, my maths is hopeless", thus neutralising the validity of the points standings in the latter-season races, AND that he chooses to butcher and bastardise any difficult European surnames because they are non-English and he doesn't have the manners or the professionalism to go and find out the correct pronunciation. His offsider last year tried hard to make correct names filter through to Harris by some form of osmosis, but the apparently-innocuous name Bastianini continues to elude the tosser, and I don't expect any improvement this year. Fucks up the telecast so much for me that I regularly listen with the sound OFF, at least I can follow the race without grinding my teeth twice a lap...

Bike
    KTM 250exc
    I also find listening with the sound off let's you hear the short bits of conversation when the cameras are in the pits. Esp when the riders are talking to the crew

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mental Trousers View Post
    He still pronounces Espagaro incorrectly, but at least it's only the emphasis rather than missing or adding complete syllables.
    Sounded like a bloody vegetable ! completely wrong.
    Another pom of course and as GD says, Harris is still out of his depth.
    But hey,we have GPs to watch on Sky !
    For that I'm eternally grateful.

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    It gets used in suspension talk all the time.
    No you berks, the new COMMENTATOR DIDN'T KNOW!!

Geez.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    No you berks, the new COMMENTATOR DIDN'T KNOW!!

Geez.
    Oh right. That makes sense.

Thread Information