Thread: What's a cbr600 f4 worth?

Bike
    2008 Ninja 250

What's a cbr600 f4 worth?

Hey guys,
    Wimped out and ended up buying a ninja250, which was a mistake, so that's going to the GF, and I'm looking at getting a 600cc Sports.

Not too many cbr600 f4's around, and I haven't been looking at the market long enough to know what the price should be, but do you think a 2000 model with 55 thou km is worth $4.5k?

This is the bike in question

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/moto...-797607861.htm

Seems like a good deal to me, but other bikes I seem to think are fairly priced have been shot down as dreaming on here.

Cheers

Bike
    NC30s
    Mate, tell him he's dreamin.

In all seriousness, it seems a little bit overpriced to me, you could pick up something a fair bit newer/faster than that for not much more.

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinz0r View Post

In all seriousness, it seems a little bit overpriced to me, you could pick up something a fair bit newer/faster than that for not much more.
    I just looked at the 600 market and it seems almost all of them are too expensive.
    Have older mid size bikes come into fashion?
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    2008 Ninja 250

Thanks mate. What do you think its worth, and what would be a better buy for similar money? Im interested in a full fairing rather than naked. Thanks!

Edit: Yep, thought it was just me, but I swear bikes are more expensive than they used to be! I'm not fully ruling out a higher CC bike, But I don't want a litre.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by royalbeast View Post
    ... I'm not fully ruling out a higher CC bike, But I don't want a litre.
    Do have a license ... and a little experience on bigger bikes .. ???

or just with the 250 on a L plate .. ???
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    2008 Ninja 250
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    Do have a license ... and a little experience on bigger bikes .. ???

or just with the 250 on a L plate .. ???
    Full license, now, mate. Though tbh, I haven't been riding too long (I took a 2 year break after getting my restricted, and got my full on a 250), and I've never had the opportunity to ride a litre. I have ridden a few 600's. The fact is, I'm not the biggest guy in the world (Yeah, I'm a short stick of a man, don't laugh!) and with the 600's, I can Just touch the ground with my toes. So I don't want a litre, because I don't want something I have to fight to control.

Edit: Also, How do I edit where it says L-plate rider underneath my name? As perhaps that's what is causing the confusion.

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries

Bike
    NC30s
    The F4 is a cool bike, but I don't think it's worth much more than $4k, and that's for a nice one. You can find 03 GSXR 600s for ~$4k, or 04/05 if you wanted to raise your budget higher than $5k. Snub nose (03/04) ZX6R's can be had for $5k.
    Just keep an eye on trademe and wait for something reasonably priced to come along, it doesn't happen all that often, but it does happen.
    I just had a quick trawl through trademe, and there's fuck all out there at the moment. The prices I mentioned above are based on my experiences last year trying to find a sports 600.

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    The F4 is a cool bike, but I don't think it's worth much more than $4k, and thats be for a nice one. You can find 03 GSXR 600s for ~$4k, or 04/05 if you wanted to raise your budget higher than $5k. Snub nose (03/04) ZX6R's can be had for $5k.
    Just keep an eye on trademe and wait for something reasonably priced to come along, it doesn't happen all that often, but it does happen.
    I just had a quick trawl through trademe, and there's fuck all out there at the moment. The prices I mentioned above are based on my experiences last year trying to find a sports 600.
    3.8- to 4 would be a good price.
    Lower would be a great price.

I agree there is not much at the moment. Wonder if that's the last couple of weeks weather related.
    Idd try the trumpet and start offering just below 4k. Would be a good bike for a shorted rider.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Full license, now, mate. Though tbh, I haven't been riding too long (I took a 2 year break after getting my restricted, and got my full on a 250), and I've never had the opportunity to ride a litre.
    Having a full license does not equate to having the ability to ride the larger bikes ... I have ridden large/fast bikes (larger and faster than my FJ) but that is not meaning I have experience on them.

I have ridden a few 600's. The fact is, I'm not the biggest guy in the world (Yeah, I'm a short stick of a man, don't laugh!) and with the 600's, I can Just touch the ground with my toes. So I don't want a litre, because I don't want something I have to fight to control.
    I am short(ish) too .. but still ride a 1200. Find a bike you CAN sit on and reach the ground. (to the degree you feel comfortable on it)

Edit: Also, How do I edit where it says L-plate rider underneath my name? As perhaps that's what is causing the confusion.
    You can't until you have achieved Senior member status (325 posts as I recall) ... read frequently asked questions to confirm this.

Going by your first post in this thread ... the confusion is yours ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    I wouldn't mind paying $4.5k for it. They're a nice bike and most people find them a lot more comfortable than the more modern RR 600s. Tend not to die either.

Most of the 10+ year old GSXR/Ninja 600s are looking fairly well raped by now.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    600s get a battering almost on the scale that 250s used to, plus F4s are OLD now. Old bikes mean lots of expense, if, like me, you can't bear riding around on them with lots of parts that are well past replacement date, broken, or bodged. Then you get into the hassle or sourcing new/old parts or quality OEM or replica parts for an OLD bike.

Only buy it if you have a full service history from all the previous owners and the services include things like checking valve clearances, replacing CCTs, lubing swingarm and steering head bearings and suspension linkages, as well as wheel bearings. Make sure it still has lock stops or that the lock stops are smashed to buggery. Being a Honda it shoul dhave gone through a couple of reg/recs by now and you need to check that it has a decent aftermarket replacement.

The secondhand bike market in NZ MUST be full of idiots because somebody is keeping prices inflated. It's getting to the point where it would be cheaper to buy a secondhand bike from the UK and import it.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    CB750
    That f4 looks terrible, fairing are repainted very rough even from the pics, If you really want it, 2K tops, but I would just pass and keep saving till something better comes up.As for the triumph speed 4, I will never own another triumph again, the engine gets very rattly, and the gearbox just gets worse, and that's after only 30K , and that's for all models.

Thread Information