Bike
    As many as I can get away with
    Quote Originally Posted by octanepwr View Post
    Obviously great for the quota though.
    Ahhh...they don't have quotas.....apparently

Bike
    A big Wheel, and a sponge bob scooter :P
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    Willy, you can't talk to this guy. The fact that he rides a bike is irrelevant, it's just a work tool to him. As far as he is concerned, bikes should be banned.
    Oh..one of "those"...Cock Punching it is then

...instructions for you non-honda riders.

seriously tho...if the guy is that much of a fucking dickhead and abusing his position within the force...and there enough of you facing this issue....then you should ALL use the police complaints process

If enough of you keep laying complaints...you can make his OWN actions work against him

Ride Safe KBers

ps...COCK PUNCH!...its a "honda thing"

When Life thows me a curve
    ...I lean into it!

Bike
    Japanese Zero, Yer mama
    I bet he wouldn't care if a bunch of lycra clad cyclists lane splitted 4 abreast...
    I've spent my money on bikes, booze and babes. The rest I've wasted....

Bike
    TF125
    I get a ticket and he moves closer to my address at the same time on the next day after we have a reasonably heated discussion on lane splitting/filtering?
    He's probably sitting at the end of your driveway as I type this. Evil cunt.

Bike
    2005 Z750S
    Properly closing the fuel tank after filling will decrease the fumes, and hopefully decrease the paranoia.
    Measure once, cut twice. Practice makes perfect.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pzkpfw View Post
    Properly closing the fuel tank after filling will decrease the fumes, and hopefully decrease the paranoia.
    This guy actually does single out individuals. He's faintly psychotic and literally foams at the mouth when he delivers his "safety lecture". He's been around for a number of years and never stopped me on the Zed, but used to stop me once a week on the Katana to the point where i decided to cash up my "investment".
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    1992 Kawasaki ZXR750J2

Contest the ticket?

So, did i read correctly that contesting a ticket doesn't cost anything extra apart from time to attend the court appearance? If so, contest, and as i understand it he is obliged to turn up to the hearing. Everyone he tickets does that and he's off the road?

Apparantly the police force are stretched thin at the moment. IMO that's because half of the traffic cops are a waste of time and they should be doing more useful police work instead.

I did read something a while back saying EVERY ticket should be contested, clog up the courts, get the cops in the courts wasting their time and they'll soon learn. Sounded reasonable to me. Traffic cops should be targetting the real bad drivers not your average joe just getting from A-B without commiting major driving offences.

.e.

Bike
    KTM SuperDuke 990R
    Motorbike cops in Auckland are clearly a different breed. Police in cars have also never cared.
    I totally agree with you mate and feel for you having to deal with such a raging arsehole! The cops up here (in Auckland) really are, on the whole, pretty cool.

I got pulled over for speeding a few weeks back by a cop with a speed gun, so behaved like a good citizen and pulled over (hindsight is a wonderful thing and I definitely shouldn't have, but ah well). We were halfway through proceedings, him issuing me a ticket and so on, when a biker cop pulled up and started asking me all sorts of questions about my "awesome bike" and how I enjoy it etc, then tells me his cop bike is brand new and he just picked it up this week. Such a lovely guy, he ended up sitting on my bike to see how the riding position is etc, then offered me a sit on his bike - only to be told off by the cop issuing the ticket for being 'too nice because she's been naughty' haha!

What a cool dude - though it might cheer you up to know this douchebag isn't a majority hope your plan of merging later on works!

Bike
    Street Triple R
    When I lived in Maungaraki and worked in the Welly CBD it was 20 minutes by motorbike and an hour by car. Service lane on the motorway and splitting the rest.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    When I lived in Maungaraki and worked in the Welly CBD it was 20 minutes by motorbike and an hour by car. Service lane on the motorway and splitting the rest.
    Same. But had to stop using the service lane. They (he) got really nasty about that.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker

Contest it!!

Only way to keep this prick off the road is to keep him in court especially if there is some grey area in the law.
    Call in sick on court day, fuck him up like he likes to fuck you up !!

Here http://news.epicinter.net/how-and-wh...lice-sergeant/

Little man with lots of power syndrome from the constant consistent reports I'm reading.

We had one on SH16 called the Ginga never been pulled up by him but I saw him do the most dangerous passing move, on a blind corner, in a mufti car I have ever witnessed.
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    noisey one
    Yeah I would love to contest it but interesting there are no reports of people successfully doing so.

However, his actions this morning which resulted in another guy getting a fine, and from the stories I hear on this thread and that other one, he really has it in even for people doing it sensibly (yes and I still do bet he thought it was me he pulled over today).

Lessons can be learnt but we don't buy motorbikes to sit in traffic. I am one of the few that ride regardless of the weather or season down here and don't want to have to change transport mode (or sit in traffic).

I will also note every day I see him there. Its Friday tomorrow so might have to resort to a method of transport that allows alcohol consumption but wouldn't surprise me if he is there again tomorrow.

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Yeah I would love to contest it. But seeing as I was probably speeding in my case I was therefore probably in the wrong so would not contest.

However, his actions this morning which resulted in another guy getting a fine, and from the stories I hear on this thread and that other one, he really has it in even for people doing it sensibly (yes and I still do bet he thought it was me he pulled over today).

Yes I was in the wrong yesterday arguably but he shouldn't then be taking it out on other people for some people who should be pulled over.

Lessons can be learnt but we don't buy motorbikes to sit in traffic. I am one of the few that ride regardless of the weather or season down here and don't want to have to change transport mode (or sit in traffic).

If I get done again I will contest it assuming I was not potentially speeding at the time - which will be the case from now on.

I will also note every day I see him there. Its Friday tomorrow so might have to resort to a method of transport that allows alcohol consumption but wouldn't surprise me if he is there again tomorrow.
    The whole point of the article is to contest everything right or wrong. I don't think you got it?
    Secondly he's NOT after you hes after every bloody ticket he can write. I don't think you got the sarcasm in some of the posts.
    Did he charge you with speeding or careless use?? If he didn't speed doesn't matter squat in court.
    Quote: "wrong yesterday arguably" your words arguably?? fight it often if it means court time they'll let you off. If more did it his Sargent would be vetting the cases more and only going for the big ticket offences. And telling him to get his arse out on the highway as the lane splitting tickets are taking up to much time in court for the end result.

I'd lay money the prick is banking on people just rolling over!

Write in even if it means you keep your money in your pocket for a few weeks. It has to go to central processing, then his desk, then letter to you, just for writing in one letter. Then there's court

Fight it just to piss him off

My 2c
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    3 black ones
    Knowing that is his usual spot I will merge in down the gorge... typical he sits at the most clogged part of the ride...
    lol that will fool him........ wonder what the chances are of him not reading this

and admitting you were speeding on a public forum

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Well first of all, stop admitting to anything you didn't do, or have been accused of (shouldn't admit regardless, but anyway).

As said, if you don't agree with it, contest it. If everyone thinks his tickets are bullshit and contests, and they all start winning, his bosses will notice. He'll also be spending all his time at court, 1, not out writing more bullshit tickets, 2, he has to attend, even if he was rostered for a day off. Defending a ticket costs the police as well, so if he's writing rubbish and it's getting thrown out and it keeps happening, it's definitely going to get him pulled up.

If you're collecting bullshit tickets and winning them, that's when you contact the IPCA, lay a complaint, all the evidence of tickets being thrown out, mention he's clearly harassing you etc.

However, on your side, make sure you're obeying the law. If you are in the right lane and passing on the left of the car, yes, you're breaking the law and $150 stands. However, if you're in the middle/left lane, and passing a car on the right hand side, then this is legal. Ignore the road code, it's not law, but look up legislation.govt.nz, I forget which statute, might be Road User rules 2004 or something. You can word search for what you want. Know the law, comply with the law and he doesn't have a leg to stand on. You can also write in re the ticket, rather than sending them all to court.

Technically actually, they'd need proof you were overtaking on left of car, not just his word for it (if your word is you were in the left lane and he's saying right lane). So unless he's videoing, it's not going to have much to stand on. If he insists that you're wrong regardless of lane, then he's wrong under law... easy win...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Thread Information