Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Buckets at the Nationals

Bike
    Honda RS 125 1992

Buckets at the Nationals

Ride your bucket on the big track for $35 ??

As you will be aware AMCC are hosting the 3rd round of the New Zealand Superbike Championships over the weekend 6 – 8th March 2015.

The race schedule has a slot for a support class to run.

My question to the bucket-tiers is do you think your guys would be keen to run in this class? There would be a discounted entry and we are looking at supplying transponders rent free to club members to help with the costs.

The Development class is being run at the South Island rounds and am fairly sure it will run at the 4th round (Taupo) too. 14-15th March

Could you run the idea past you guys and feedback the general view please.

This is a fantastic opportunity to show off our class at a National level and ride on the big track for such a little amount !
    Normal price would be over $250 with transponder
    We have the most amazing discount ever ! It's nearly the same price as a spectator

Can we all get together and fill the grids at Hampton Downs and Taupo, Buckets are not too slow for big tracks, run standard road gearing, get your elbows in and enjoy the acres of room at every turn !

Please send a Yes or No email to Aucklandbuckets@gmail.com this weekend

Bike
    GPR150
    sounds good, will pass the word

Bike
    a shed full of crazy shit
    Great idea Rick.

Extra points round for the north Islands (half points???)..

Too cheap to pass up really.

Update....
    Email coming Rick.
    Where do you want the money...
    5 GPR boys are keen, no doubt we can pull together a few more from around here.
    Here's a challenge, let's make development/buckets the largest field if this gos ahead...

Bike
    tf bucket
    Hell yes, Well done Rick and AMCC - have to be there with bells on for that money !!

Like your thinking there Bert, lets make them both NI rounds, the tracks are booked we just need to sort our own scoring

Bike
    1996 Buell S1

Great offer

What a mean deal, I have always wanted a spin round Hampton. I take it I will need to upgrade my license and put all the lights and fins on. ( will there be a B grade race )

Bike
    YLR150RR and a RD350LC
    You probably wont need to upgrade your license as it is only a support class not a national class.

I usually go to the Ruapuna round , everyone is on holiday its a great way to laze around before going back to work, usually there are 3 of us, I dont get it , nothing to do but too busy for a couple of days racing, costs next to nothing, probably more expensive to stay home.

Fortunatly you dont need to rely on people , they will run dev class for the 150's without you.

It is a good way to promote the class and its bloody good fun, if it wannt 2200km round trip I would go !!
    My neighbours diary says I have boundary issues

Bike
    NSR300 F3, ME BUCKET
    I got all inspired to get the bucket going after seeing this. It hasn't been started since the GP.

I'm sure it had more power seams very gutless and loud after the 300 2 smoke. Still bags of fun I am sure.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    I think anyone riding at a nats event needs to be on a full comp licence. With three stamps from within the last twelve months for whatever class they are entered.

Bike
    NSR300 F3, ME BUCKET
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    I think anyone riding at a nats event needs to be on a full comp licence. With three stamps from within the last twelve months for whatever class they are entered.
    Somtimes no. Dev class can be club licence . Something to do with not being a championship class.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by richban View Post
    Somtimes no. Dev class can be club licence . Something to do with not being a championship class.
    That seems a odds with the safety reasons that the rest of us were given for the requirements.

Bike
    YLR150RR and a RD350LC
    That seems a odds with the safety reasons that the rest of us were given for the requirements.

What reasons were you given?

As far as I know you only need a Championship license for the following championship classes

Championship classes: GP 125 / 250 Mono 250 Production Superlite
    Sidecars Supersport Superbike 650cc Pro Twin
    As per Appendix H
    As per Appendix I
    As per Appendix B
    240 - 1300cc 2 stroke & 240 - 1300cc 4 stroke As per Appendix G
    As per Appendix C
    As per Appendix F; 20 years & over 20 years – the 20yr old rider will remain in the 20yr age group until the end of the National Championship for that year.

The Development class is a club event run bu the hosting club

Championship Licence: $200 Senior & Junior; $150 Mini Motocross, ATV & Moto Trials, Over 65 years free

A Championship Licence is required for all members who are competing at a New Zealand, North Island or South Island Championship event and Street Road Race.

Club Licence: $100, Over 65 years free

A Club licence is for members who are competing at all other MNZ events (excluding the above-mentioned events) including support classes at Championship events.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by Yow Ling View Post
    What reasons were you given?

As far as I know you only need a Championship license for the following championship classes

Championship classes: GP 125 / 250 Mono 250 Production Superlite
    Sidecars Supersport Superbike 650cc Pro Twin
    As per Appendix H
    As per Appendix I
    As per Appendix B
    240 - 1300cc 2 stroke & 240 - 1300cc 4 stroke As per Appendix G
    As per Appendix C
    As per Appendix F; 20 years & over 20 years – the 20yr old rider will remain in the 20yr age group until the end of the National Championship for that year.

The Development class is a club event run bu the hosting club

Championship Licence: $200 Senior & Junior; $150 Mini Motocross, ATV & Moto Trials, Over 65 years free

A Championship Licence is required for all members who are competing at a New Zealand, North Island or South Island Championship event and Street Road Race.

Club Licence: $100, Over 65 years free

A Club licence is for members who are competing at all other MNZ events (excluding the above-mentioned events) including support classes at Championship events.
    So that a ntrants are at a certain experience level as to be safer in the high pressure arena.

"All members competing at a New Zealand championship EVENT".

Seems pretty clear. But of course it's then contradicted. Like most of the rule book.

Bike
    YLR150RR and a RD350LC
    So that a ntrants are at a certain experience level as to be safer in the high pressure arena.

"All members competing at a New Zealand championship EVENT".

Seems pretty clear. But of course it's then contradicted. Like most of the rule book.
    they were probably just talking about sidecar people, Development riders are usually much more current with their racing.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by Yow Ling View Post
    they were probably just talking about sidecar people, Development riders are usually much more current with their racing.
    Looks like it's going ahead from what I saw on book face. Should be cool watching buckets explode on the way over the hill at Hampton.

Bike
    BSA A10
    Should be cool watching buckets explode on the way over the hill at Hampton.
    Can't see why they would do that anymore than any other class
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Thread Information