Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Smoothest bike ever

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    my xr6 is smooth. Hornet 900 has 'rough' pathhes smooth around them.

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    The 14 is smooth on rain mode.
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    R100GSPD

Bike
    aprilia Tuono
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Smoothness can be a bad thing too. I'm trying to think which bike it was that I rode, but it was so smooth that you actually felt disconnected from the bike and it was characterless.
    Exactly!

Smooth... Pah... V twin vibes for the win
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen" Douglas Adams (1952-2001) - not riding a TUONO then!

Bike
    2012 Suzuki Boulevard M50
    Took a Honda F6B for a test run Saturday, that flat six is really smooth. Noticeably smoother than the ST1100 vee 4. Tonnes of torque so the bike just glided away from any stop and around corners. Nice suspension too, so didn't notice all those pesky narrow gauge cane railroad crossings we have up this way.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    Smooth... probably a Honda F6B, the bagger goldwing. The 6 cylinder engine is very smooth and endless torque...
    Yeah I rode the new Valkyrie and have ridden a Wing. I imagine the big BMW might be similar. Then again there's nothing wrong with subtle vibes from the engine room to remind you that you're on a bike. You don't need to have your feet continually sliding off the pegs or your fillings falling out, I do mean subtle.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Roadstar 1600 & Royal Star Venture
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    CBX no question
    Yeh have to agree those 6 cyl's were awesomely smooth.... I'd say the Gold Wing is the other one right up there.
    If the road to hell is paved with good intentions; and a man is judged by his deeds and his actions, why say it's the thought that counts? -GrayWolf

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Yeah I rode the new Valkyrie and have ridden a Wing. I imagine the big BMW might be similar. Then again there's nothing wrong with subtle vibes from the engine room to remind you that you're on a bike. You don't need to have your feet continually sliding off the pegs or your fillings falling out, I do mean subtle.
    Completely agree re vibes, after all, I ride a twin. However, OP simply asked for the smoothest bike I'd ridden... gotta be that F6B (well, any 6 is probably going to be pretty smooth)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Thread Information