Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sprint ST/GT or CBR1000?

Bike
    2000 VFR800
    Well why the fuck do we ride sports bikes if its not excitement factor? Who hasnt given it a good squirt from time to time? Im not an idiot, I ride carefully, just took my daughter for a big ride to twizel and mt cook and back. Didnt break 120kmh the whole trip. I Just enjoy giving it a burst when Im by MYSELF and in good weather etc. If not... might aswel buy a harley with a radio...

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by V4800 View Post
    I had the VFR out last week and had it tapped in 6th gear for ages... yeah, need something a bit gruntier. Thanks for the feedback people
    You could buy my 14 and tap that out in 6th. Cash up front please.
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    GSX1300R
    Quote Originally Posted by V4800 View Post
    Id like to take a busa or zx14 for a spin but avon city dont have any at the moment! Might even look at an R1.
    The Busa is the most comfortable sports tourer I have owned. The power delivery is really smooth and it makes the bike really well mannered - 2nd thu 6th are all very usable. I put Helibars on it and also had the foam in the seat replaced. Those two changes made a real difference, but I still had to build up seat time before I got really comfortable for long rides. A short demo ride wan't be the same.

I liked the blackbird but you need to get seat time, it's a more forward rinding position, and taller but still comfortable . The CBR1000F was good in it's time but I would get a blackbird over the CBR1000F. Although I liked the blackbird, the Busa is better all-round.

Not tried a ZX14R, it was on my list and I think probably better ergonomics than the Busa but went with the Busa because it was better value and I knew the dealer. I would still like to try a ZX14R sometime but I can ride the Busa all day and not sure I see a reason at the moment to spend the extra for the ZX14R.

Edit: I've heard good things about the FJR, not ridden one but if looking for a sports tourer it would be on my list.

Thread Information