Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New motorcycle book: "Classics - Great Motorcycles and People"

Bike
    Yamaha SRX400
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    is it just a picture book of some mototcycles?
    Nope. It's actually a book of words with lots of great photos. 35,000 words, actually. About 165 photos.

Bike
    Yamaha SRX400
    Quote Originally Posted by eelracing View Post
    A small point to some but the TZ750 was never a Grand Prix bike or should I buy your book and learn something new?
    Yes indeed. I argue the case, because the 750 formula did in fact have official world championships and the TZ won them both. But I also cover the fact that the TZ is not considered by the purists to be a grand prix motorcycle in the same way the 125, 250, 350 and 500cc bikes are.

Such a grouse bike and the story of the TZ also includes the history of John Boote on the bike (including the great story of how he transported one to the US in suitcases as luggage on a plane) and Stu Avant, Ago, Kenny Roberts, Kel Carruthers..... ah such a history.

Read the book and be enlightened.

The RN400 - when I first heard that bike fire up at the Leadfoot Festival my knees went weak and I felt about the same as I did when the first girl I ever asked out said "yes." An old-school 400 with unsilenced low-slung expansion chamber. I have photos of Ivan Miller on it, totally roosting, at Helensville in the '70s and I remember being stunned at how fast he was.

I just had to have it in my book and the whole story did not disappoint as I researched it. The beginning of the MX arms race of the 70s and the advent of hand-built factory works bikes.

Bike
    Smokers and a tractor
    I look forward to being enlightened.

Bike
    Yamaha SRX400
    We'd like to let you know the the book Classics - Great Motorcycles and People will be available at the following up coming bike meetings - classic bikes at Pukekohe next weekend (January 29th - 30th) and Hampton Downs (February 7th/8th).

We're looking forward to catching up with anyone who wishes to purchase a copy at either meeting (as well as seeing all the fantastic bikes that usually attend with their masters.)
    See you there, thrillseekers.

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Bender View Post
    We'd like to let you know the the book Classics - Great Motorcycles and People will be available at the following up coming bike meetings - classic bikes at Pukekohe next weekend (January 29th - 30th) and Hampton Downs (February 7th/8th).
    where will they be for sale?

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post

Bike
    Yamaha SRX400
    I'm not sure yet as I get the location "on the day" from the organisers.

However we will be walking around all areas over the weekend so hopefully we will get to talk to anyone who wishes to get hold of a book.

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Bender View Post
    I'm not sure yet as I get the location "on the day" from the organisers.

However we will be walking around all areas over the weekend so hopefully we will get to talk to anyone who wishes to get hold of a book.
    if you have arranged it with them they may tell me otherwise get hold of me as i'm doing some of the commentating over the weekend and can push it. When's the second edition coming out?

Thread Information