Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pillion grab strap?

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    Low centre of gravity etc....probably the best bikes ever to make touchdown, pipes first?
    First thing I scraped on my boss's blackbird was the aftermarket headers when 2-up They sat just a little proud of the fairing on the bottom right. Had to wind up the rear preload 6 notches through the course of a day (we did a base setup before I borrowed it)... and it had an Ohlins rear shock...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    First thing I scraped on my boss's blackbird was the aftermarket headers when 2-up They sat just a little proud of the fairing on the bottom right. Had to wind up the rear preload 6 notches through the course of a day (we did a base setup before I borrowed it)... and it had an Ohlins rear shock...
    No need for any of that grown up shit on a Bergman.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    I have no question of Mark's ability to work on a bike. He knows his stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    Triple Delight
    Quote Originally Posted by GrayWolf View Post
    especially on sprotties with the 'suicide perch' at the back.
    I think you will find that is called a bitch pad, or as I referred to it as a fanny brick. Horrible things!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gubb View Post
    Nonono,

He rides the Leprachhaun at the end of the Rainbow. Usually goes by the name Anne McMommus

Bike
    KTM 1290 SDGT
    Mark is no slouch when it comes to all things motorcycling and would often tweak/correct things on bikes when asked on our Cape rides, he's good like that. In saying that, even he can only do so much to 'old' gear to alleviate any concern by the rider. He is staying here for a few days soon. Adding some thingies aka oil & spacers and making an adjustment for rider/pillion sag to the rear bit is possibly all it got.

Low centre of gravity etc....probably the best bikes ever to make touchdown, pipes first?
    Suggesting fixes for a pillions rear end sag is not worth the trouble in my humble opinion-just sayin
    Political Correctness, the chief weapon of whiney arse bastards

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by buggerit View Post
    Suggesting fixes for a pillions rear end sag is not worth the trouble in my humble opinion-just sayin
    Measured in axe handles or hands high? I can never quite remember.

Bike
    KTM 1290 SDGT
    Measured in axe handles or hands high? I can never quite remember.
    axe handle accross, hands tween

Bike
    Roadstar 1600 & Royal Star Venture
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    I rode with a guy on an old bike, he thought he was a hero as he had ground his pegs down. But watching him mid turn you could see the bike wallow due to a light spring and un-serviced shocks.
    Nah mate an 'old' bike?? Wallowing and poorly sprung suspension and fork flexion is the NORM..... lmao.. go ride an XSessive 1100
    If the road to hell is paved with good intentions; and a man is judged by his deeds and his actions, why say it's the thought that counts? -GrayWolf

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by GrayWolf View Post
    Nah mate an 'old' bike?? Wallowing and poorly sprung suspension and fork flexion is the NORM..... lmao.. go ride an XSessive 1100
    Well to be fair my bike cant be called young. But servicing the suspension and correct springs means it handles very well. And nothing drags on the road with a pillion on.

As you have the life of your pillion in your hands, making sure the bike is set up for the task is a no brainer.

Which is good considering im "well feed" as RT would put it.

The tank handles seem like a good idea. I wouldn't use one but I can see its value.

Bike
    2008, Honda CBR600RR
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom View Post
    I think you will find that is called a bitch pad, or as I referred to it as a fanny brick. Horrible things!
    YEP!! I call it a token pillion seat for tiny Asian models!!
    What's the point in living if you don't feel alive?

Toying with ones mortality shouldn't be this much fun.

Bike
    KTM 1290 SDGT
    Anne puts her hands inside my jacket pockets (when in pillion mode) no real need for add-on contraptions unless you have a child (or someone) on the back that has little idea of how to pillion.
    This doesnt affect your concentration?

Bike
    Roadstar 1600 & Royal Star Venture
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    Well to be fair my bike cant be called young. But servicing the suspension and correct springs means it handles very well. And nothing drags on the road with a pillion on.

As you have the life of your pillion in your hands, making sure the bike is set up for the task is a no brainer.

Which is good considering im "well feed" as RT would put it.

The tank handles seem like a good idea. I wouldn't use one but I can see its value.
    The Hawk is a 'new' bike really.... things like the XS1.1 I mentioned are before the Jap's started to consider making frames and suspension that were designed to handle the power/weight/speed the engine was capable of.....

Until you've ridden one of those (70/80's) old bikes (in as near standard trim as possible) down a tight twisty lane at speed... you aint felt frame/fork flex
    If the road to hell is paved with good intentions; and a man is judged by his deeds and his actions, why say it's the thought that counts? -GrayWolf

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by buggerit View Post
    This doesnt affect your concentration?
    On a few occasions.....yes
    I nearly climbed all over a VRT1000 once (oldguy's) and used emergency braking to full effect with Anne on the back. Her hand were on the tank asap and I managed to stop the bike with the front tyre almost between the his rear tyre and RHS pipe, I was on my Sprint at the time. No pillion accessories needed. John later apologised for cutting in front on me and stopping.

Bike
    Yamaha
    Blog Entries

Support

A pillion is there for the rider to have something to grab, not the other way round!!!?
    How do i delete my KB account?

Thread Information